Author Topic: More Dissident-Republican Activity  (Read 126323 times)

MoChara

• View Profile
Re: More Dissident-Republican Activity
« Reply #1245 on: April 23, 2019, 09:45:41 PM »
If it's any consolation to yous I think all the dissident groups are pro-gay rights

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 23, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
Isn't it sad that a Party gets criticised for supporting equal human rights for all humans?

I donít recall them campaigning for gay rights 20 years ago.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 23, 2019, 10:52:08 PM »
Isn't it sad that a Party gets criticised for supporting equal human rights for all humans?

The world has moved on, well most of the world. There are still a few backward fools who think that obscure passages in an ancient much edited book should guide them instead. But like all slow learners they'll eventually get it.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 23, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »

Isn't it sad that the term 'human rights' is bandied to score points on a discussion board?
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 23, 2019, 11:13:31 PM »

The world has moved on, well most of the world. There are still a few backward fools who think that obscure passages in an ancient much edited book should guide them instead. But like all slow learners they'll eventually get it.

To be fair, thatís not the reason why everyone is against these gay rights/marriage.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 23, 2019, 11:19:26 PM »
Of course, it seems like every Tam Dick and Harry in the whole country is in favour of gay rights and abortion. Which is complete bollix.

What's your issue with gay people having equal rights Benny???

I didnít say I have an issue. Itís the impression that SF give on it though. That the whole country is for it and the only ones against it is a dozen or so DUP members, which is completely untrue. There are plenty against it, but you just donít hear them speak out about it.
Have any prominent SF members spoke out against marriage equality etc in the past?

Not to my knowledge but I donít think they were always as pro LGBT rights as they are now

Populist bandwagon, and all that.

Have thought the same with SF the past few years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1251 on: Today at 01:06:28 AM »

To be fair, thatís not the reason why everyone is against these gay rights/marriage.

So what is the other reason(s).

PS I'm no Biblical scholar but I don't recall  any references to Jesus outlawing homosexualism.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: Today at 01:37:39 AM »
20. Try having no political opinion on the issue even 5yrs ago. Now try to portrait themselves as the only party chasing parity of esteem.