Author Topic: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016  (Read 595949 times)

mrdeeds

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016
« Reply #7965 on: October 16, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
Yeah I thought Whelan was decent. Hendrick is a premier league player, holy fook.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: October 16, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
Hendrick has been brutal since the Euros 3 years ago. Don’t know how he continues to be picked.

Has James McCarthy recovered from injury yet? Not that he is any better than Hendrick.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: October 16, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
Yes I believe he started the last couple of games for Palace.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: October 16, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »
Mick is sticking with what he knows and trusts, no risks taken. He has no incentive to bed down youth.

Upside is Kenny will gut that midfield and play the likes of Byrne, Cullen, Molumby and Coventry. Lads who can trap and pass a football. Huge changes coming. Only Randolf and Duffy are safe.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: October 16, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »
Mick is sticking with what he knows and trusts, no risks taken. He has no incentive to bed down youth.

Upside is Kenny will gut that midfield and play the likes of Byrne, Cullen, Molumby and Coventry. Lads who can trap and pass a football. Huge changes coming. Only Randolf and Duffy are safe.

I'd say John Egan is safe for too.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: October 16, 2019, 10:08:09 PM »

I'd say John Egan is safe for too.
Fair. Keogh is done and he stepped up well. I think in 2 years time it will be a fundamentally different team and approach. If it works or not remains to be seen.

Ed Ricketts

• View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: October 16, 2019, 11:21:31 PM »

That defeat to Iceland yesterday was as big a kick in the stones as the senior flop. The form of the U21s was really the only positive thing about Irish soccer recently, but expectations will have to be checked in the aftermath of such a result. Sweden beat that Iceland team 5-0 a few days earlier.