GAA Room 101

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, September 04, 2013, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Biff

The pre-match parade of players behind the band.  There not soldiers and should not be expected to march like that.   >:(

Also someone mentioned earlier ... the "obligatory" 3 cheers for the losing team .... patronising in the extreme.   >:(

The whole Suspensions & Appeals system ... far too many suspensions overturned for spurious reasons.   >:(

Ger Canning's commentary.   >:(

(time to  :-X )
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

theskull1

Quote from: The Biff on September 12, 2013, 12:03:59 PM
The pre-match parade of players behind the band.  There not soldiers and should not be expected to march like that.   >:(

You've obviously never walked behind the band. Regardless you'd be out voted by a huge majority
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2013, 12:23:43 PM

You've obviously never walked behind the band. Regardless you'd be out voted by a huge majority

+1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blanketattack

Fines for not wearing socks pulled up during parade.

BennyCake

Players who can't stand still for the anthem.

A minute's applause.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blanketattack on September 12, 2013, 02:03:42 PM
Fines for not wearing socks pulled up during parade.

That's one of the worst fines, and that happens right through to county club finals ffs!!

Fines against clubs who can't afford the money to buy socks for their players ffs!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2013, 12:23:43 PM

player not marching in time to the music
in my day ..................
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Most players looked bored out of their minds as they plod around behind these bands.
I don't see the point of having a band at all at live TV Championship games as they assail our ears with a non stop racket every non playing moment.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Biff

Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2013, 05:01:29 PM
Most players looked bored out of their minds as they plod around behind these bands.
Exactly my point.  Parades like that should be left to ...... North Korea or plastic Paddys on Paddy's Day    ;)
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2013, 05:01:29 PM
I don't see the point of having a band at all at live TV Championship games as they assail our ears with a non stop racket every non playing moment.

Arrah ladeen, the supporters love it when their team trots over to them. One of the biggest roars of the year when the Jackeens got to the Hill in the march before the Kerry game.

The bands are a thousand times better than Jacko's tooth grin and yet Eircom ad or some 'contemporary' music being piped in at mad volumes. The Croker lads are better at putting that stuff at a manageable volume but the roving big screen crew don't seem to have learnt that art yet.

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

qubdub

The cliche 'he's a great reader of the game', reserved almost exclusively for the man deployed as sweeper.

Of course he can read the game he's in space and doesn't have to mark anyone!

An Gaeilgoir

After reading the so called sports section of the Indo today, may i offer knob-end supreme Daniel Mc Donnell, who thinks that the GAA lie awake thinking about soccer taking over the country, what he fails to see, is that most people follow both codes and play both codes, he gets paid to write this shite,

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/daniel-mcdonnell-soccer-still-the-biggest-ticket-29582198.html

Also another "Journalist" with f&*k- all to say anymore; getting paid to write this and say nothing at all; Christ almighty, write about tactics or key players, but this lazy stuff;

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/eugene-mcgee/eugene-mcgee-uncertainties-on-both-sides-of-divide-whet-final-appetite-29582123.html

I have indigestion now........... >:(

Farrandeelin

f**k the pair of them Gaeilgoir. Mc Donnell especially.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

johnneycool

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on September 16, 2013, 01:42:27 PM
After reading the so called sports section of the Indo today, may i offer knob-end supreme Daniel Mc Donnell, who thinks that the GAA lie awake thinking about soccer taking over the country, what he fails to see, is that most people follow both codes and play both codes, he gets paid to write this shite,

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/daniel-mcdonnell-soccer-still-the-biggest-ticket-29582198.html

Also another "Journalist" with f&*k- all to say anymore; getting paid to write this and say nothing at all; Christ almighty, write about tactics or key players, but this lazy stuff;

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/eugene-mcgee/eugene-mcgee-uncertainties-on-both-sides-of-divide-whet-final-appetite-29582123.html

I have indigestion now........... >:(

Whilst he is a knob, McDonnell has a point, why do we feel the need to compare a great hurling or football game against the professional soccer game? Is it an inferiority complex where we need reminding of how great we are? Are we not content with what we have without having a dig at other sports?

I cringe sometimes when GAA journalists fawn over someone else outside the GAA saying they like hurling or Gaelic football.