Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2013, 11:58:20 PM
Where are the traditional opening words of any speech made by Mc Geeney to the masses?

"Stand back,stand back...you're hurting the ones at the front!"

And they have been hurting ever since!    Ju Jitsu all the way now !

Jinxy

The Seanie Johnston affair did for him in the end.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

It was a combination of different factors but that definitely marked a turning point. The graph had been pointing steadily upwards until then.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

T Fearon

Not as dignified as Trap's exit, all the same. No feigned hugs or lukewarm embraces with the Executive committee. Both still struggle with english language though!

lawnseed

good! now Kieran can move on. I hope the offers flood in for him. That kind of passion,drive and now experience shouldn't go to waste.

btw. I watched the aussie rules game again last night where he really shone. sweet jez the aussies were actually bouncing off him while the rest of the irish team were being thrown around the place like rag dolls. he was in some shape that year..

I'm hoping grimey will call him into the Armagh set-up as a fitness coach. martin o'neill could do a lot worse
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

tommysmith

Will the Kildare physio be looking for some work next year aswell?

shawshank

Quote from: lawnseed on September 19, 2013, 08:08:00 PM
good! now Kieran can move on. I hope the offers flood in for him. That kind of passion,drive and now experience shouldn't go to waste.

btw. I watched the aussie rules game again last night where he really shone. sweet jez the aussies were actually bouncing off him while the rest of the irish team were being thrown around the place like rag dolls. he was in some shape that year..

I'm hoping grimey will call him into the Armagh set-up as a fitness coach. martin o'neill could do a lot worse

Near choked on my cornflakes reading that lol. Just what those professional players need another fitness coach to tell their professional club fitness coaches how to do it. What world do you live in

lawnseed

Quote from: shawshank on September 19, 2013, 09:29:07 PM

Near choked on my cornflakes reading that lol. Just what those professional players need another fitness coach to tell their professional club fitness coaches how to do it. What world do you live in
cornflakes.. ::) winning isn't just about fitness its also about mental attitude. you may have heard about a guy called jim McGuiness (careful now don't choke) do you think jim has the celtic players running up the beach pulling tyres?  its a combination of attitude and fitness and conditioning.
looking at the irish team I don't think they're  fit. anyway I'm hearing jim wants Kieran in donegal
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

yellowcard

Quote from: lawnseed on September 21, 2013, 07:59:16 AM
Quote from: shawshank on September 19, 2013, 09:29:07 PM

cornflakes.. ::) winning isn't just about fitness its also about mental attitude. you may have heard about a guy called jim McGuiness (careful now don't choke) do you think jim has the celtic players running up the beach pulling tyres?  its a combination of attitude and fitness and conditioning.
looking at the irish team I don't think they're  fit. anyway I'm hearing jim wants Kieran in donegal

I wouldn't be surprised if McGuinness wanted him but I can't see it being possible for a number of reasons:

(A) Travel....McGeeney lives in the capital
(B) Authority....McGeeney would not be prepared to be a number 2
(C) Possible Success....in my opinion that Donegal team will not reach the heights that they achieved in 2011, they over achieved massively in relation to the players they had at their disposal

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
I see Seánie came on as a sub and scored a goal that helped Cavan Gaels win last night.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Canalman

Have said it before and will say it again, his term over Kildare in years to come will be seen in much better light than it is now.

If I was a Kildare fan I would be more concerned as to how their minors and U21s  flopped outside Leinster this year. Was convinced they would win one AI between them.

Wouldn't be too upset if he took over an underage development squad here in Dublin but realize that is a long shot.

Am a big fan of his and wish him well.

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on September 21, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
Have said it before and will say it again, his term over Kildare in years to come will be seen in much better light than it is now.

If I was a Kildare fan I would be more concerned as to how their minors and U21s  flopped outside Leinster this year. Was convinced they would win one AI between them.

Wouldn't be too upset if he took over an underage development squad here in Dublin but realize that is a long shot.

Am a big fan of his and wish him well.

Seanie Johnston?
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Looking like Glen Ryan, will wait and see what happens and in particular his backroom team. Hopefully Longford will have mellowed him out and he understands that not every player needs tough love.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

What does he do for a living now?

He's not teaching anymore.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?