Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Money didn't buy success here. Kildare need to invest in their youth not a county manager. Glen Ryan's the man

Jinxy

Quote from: Main Street on September 04, 2013, 08:44:40 PM
I just listened to a discussion about the 'sacking' on Newstalk. I just couldn't understand the disbelief expressed that this could actually happen. It was akin to discussing the  crucifixion of a deity after a sham trial.

Kildare were not exactly in the dumps before he came, no doubt he put in a lot of work, had some good years where Kildare got close and 'coulda gone all the way', then he's had 2 years where not much has happened. Maybe he had a strong case for staying but it's not such a shock that others don't see that argument.

Off the Ball take the players side on pretty much every issue.
It's quite prudent really.
No doubt they'll get a few juicy interviews out of it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

Kildare lads!

I'm getting restless here waiting for the players' press release.

Are they still holed up in some hotel or are we looking at this

Dinny Breen

According to @kfmradio, Kildare player statement will now be released closer to midday

They've edited it a few times...
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

They had to buy toner for the photocopier.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

screenexile

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I can't understand the furore about this. It's not like Kildare are casting him aside without giving him a chance. He has made some improvement in the team but can't get them over the line. The important thing is that Kildare make a progressive appointment and someone who can push on what McGeeney has done.

Mickey Harte won 3 All Irelands in 6 years (should have left it at that as well I feel!) It's more than long enough for McGeeney to have won something of note!

Main Street

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 05, 2013, 11:21:26 AM
They had to buy toner for the photocopier.
The sponsors have already bailed out on them.

Donnellys Hollow

Jinxy

What must Seán Brady think of all this?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

fearglasmor

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 05, 2013, 01:42:14 PM
http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/09/05/way-voting-went/

Two things.

What are abstentions about ?  Why cant people vote one way or another ?

Every county should have separate hurling and football management boards.

Shamrock Shore

I am still waiting for the press release

Ohtoohtobe

Really hope it just expresses disappointment, thanks Geezer, and promises that they'll be way faster next year.

Donnellys Hollow

QuoteGer McNally ‏@GerMc31 5m
From what I hear, the Kildare players statement is complete & awaiting approval from the GPA b4 being released. A strike is not on the cards

Croí na hÉireann

If they had heart they'd play for any manager. Same as the Kildare players will turn out next year. And Portlaoise have an absolute massive pick, they'd want to be there every year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

rodney trotter

They are not full time pros though. If they were going to sacrifice so much of their time into playing County Football, then they would have to be happy with how it was being run,.