Waterford v Galway minor hurling final

Started by waterfordlad, September 03, 2013, 04:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterfordlad

So now that Limerick's appeal is rejected we can fully concentrate on the final on Sunday.
Can Waterford take a first minor All Ireland since 1948 or can Galway take another minor title?
Waterford had a roundabout way of getting to the final losing twice in Munster including Munster final replay before bouncing back with an good and rare win over Kilkenny in semi final. Galway had the win over Limerick after extra time and beat Laois in quarter final.
Good luck to the Deise lads.

deiseach

May the best team win. Unless it's Galway, in which case may the best team lose.

Premier Emperor

Whatever the outcome, Limerick will be claiming to the best team in Ireland.

cicfada

Well done Waterford . Better team all round ! Sick of seeing my county winning minor titles and never bringing them on then in any case. Nice to see a co winning that hasn't in a long time !

ballinaman

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Well done to the deise. 1948 was a long time ago.

waterfordlad

Great win for Waterford. I was getting a bit worried when Galway drew level in 2nd half but we finished strongly to win by 8 points. Austin Gleeson, Shane and Stephen Bennett, Michael Kearney and Patrick Curran were excellent and it will be great to see an All Ireland trophy in Waterford for the first time in a long time.

Rossfan

Congrats Waterford on ye're long overdue win.
What a pity ye're 2008 Senior team weren't all 5 years younger as ye'd have a handy Senior All(half) Ireland this year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Bord na Mona man

For Waterford to win a minor All Ireland it means they have a seriously strong crop of players.
It suggests they have a few top notch players leading the team, but also that they aren't hampered by weak links like most smaller counties tend to be.

What is noticeable is how the standard at minor level has risen in recent times. Looking at some of the scoretaking this year and the way players use the ball, it has moved on a long way.

AZOffaly

Delighted for the Deise, well done. Congrats Deiseach!

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2013, 01:02:38 PM

Thank you very much, they couldn't have done it without me ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on September 09, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

Well have you ever bought a Waterford raffle ticket, or paid money at the turnstile, or gone to a game and shouted till you were hoarse? If so, then no they couldn't have done it without you or the thousands like you :)

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2013, 02:55:26 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 09, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

Well have you ever bought a Waterford raffle ticket, or paid money at the turnstile, or gone to a game and shouted till you were hoarse? If so, then no they couldn't have done it without you or the thousands like you :)

Does that mean I'll get a medal?