Started by ONeill, August 27, 2013, 07:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: EC Unique on August 29, 2013, 05:17:50 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 29, 2013, 05:11:56 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 29, 2013, 02:44:28 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 29, 2013, 01:57:43 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 29, 2013, 01:29:37 PM
The real thing we need to be discussing is the rule changes that are coming in. Football will be hugely changed next year and it will be all about strong direct running, in the knowledge that if you're fouled it will be a straight sub for one of the oppositions starting team.

Time will tell if that happens or not.

If it does it should benefit Tyrone I think.

I don't think so, Dublin will be huge benefactors.

Tyrone have several players who are great runners with the ball and if they can go without being fouled then this will help create more scores and especially goals..

Bar Cavanagh/Matty Donnelly there aint too many direct runners. All this talk of Mc Curry and O'Neill. For me Michael Cassidy is the strong ball winning FF that Tyrone need to test out early next year. Very raw and promising, similar to Ryan Bell.

Club Rossa

I would be very surprised if Shay McGuigan isn't called into the panel next year.He has been excellent for us this year and has developed all aspects of his game.

Rodman

Quote from: Tubberman on August 29, 2013, 05:29:26 PM
The real thing we need to be discussing is the rule changes that are coming in. Football will be hugely changed next year and it will be all about strong direct running, in the knowledge that if you're fouled it will be a straight sub for one of the oppositions starting team.

Not based on last Sunday! Newstalk had a referree analyse the match based on next year's rules, and he came to the conclusion that 4 Tyrone players would have received black cards, against 1 player for Mayo.

Newstalk's referee must have been from Mayo. Donal Vaughans pull back on Mcginley when he was through on goal in 2nd half would have been a black card and Lee Keegan's and Alan Freeman's head high tackles in 1st half would both also have been black cards.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rodman on August 29, 2013, 11:01:08 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 29, 2013, 05:29:26 PM

Not based on last Sunday! Newstalk had a referree analyse the match based on next year's rules, and he came to the conclusion that 4 Tyrone players would have received black cards, against 1 player for Mayo.

Newstalk's referee must have been from Mayo. Donal Vaughans pull back on Mcginley when he was through on goal in 2nd half would have been a black card and Lee Keegan's and Alan Freeman's head high tackles in 1st half would both also have been black cards.

Never mind a black card, this tackle should have earned national ridicule from Joe Brolly about his manliness and at least a 20 page thread on here.
That was never a square ball!!

trileacman

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 29, 2013, 07:20:39 PM
some Players who I would like to see brought in, who have impressed me this year in club football.

Tommy Canavan (Errigal)
Ray Mulgrew (Cookstown)
Michael Cassidy (Ardboe)
Niall Sludden (Dromore) bad injury
Eoin McCusker (Dromore) - for me the best Forward in the county.
Richie Donnelly (Trillick)
From that I see

Centre-Half Forward
Centre-Half Forward
FF
Wing half forward
Corner-forward
FF

I don't think Mulgrew, Cassidy and definitely McCusker will be there next year. McCusker, I believe has always ruled out playing for Tyrone. Where is Grugan gonna make it? Is he still IC midfield material?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

Quote from: trileacman on August 29, 2013, 11:42:26 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on August 29, 2013, 07:20:39 PM
some Players who I would like to see brought in, who have impressed me this year in club football.

Tommy Canavan (Errigal)
Ray Mulgrew (Cookstown)
Michael Cassidy (Ardboe)
Niall Sludden (Dromore) bad injury
Eoin McCusker (Dromore) - for me the best Forward in the county.
Richie Donnelly (Trillick)
From that I see

Centre-Half Forward
Centre-Half Forward
FF
Wing half forward
Corner-forward
FF

I don't think Mulgrew, Cassidy and definitely McCusker will be there next year. McCusker, I believe has always ruled out playing for Tyrone. Where is Grugan gonna make it? Is he still IC midfield material?

I've heard this before - why is this?
That was never a square ball!!

barelegs

I think McCusker was on the squad 3 or 4 years ago but pulled out before the league because of work commitments. He had played very well in the McKenna Cup from recollection.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Michael Cassidy could be like Ryan Bell. To be honest what I saw of Ryan Bell for Derry minors last year I wasn't that impressed. Padraig Hampsey never let him touch leather that day in Clones. I'd be interested to see how he goes for Coalisland in the championship. Might provide a defensive option if he develops. He was fairly impressive as the minor captain last year and we aren't exactly over run with quality defenders at the minute

Walter Cronc

Quote from: barelegs on August 30, 2013, 12:35:48 AM
I think McCusker was on the squad 3 or 4 years ago but pulled out before the league because of work commitments. He had played very well in the McKenna Cup from recollection.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Michael Cassidy could be like Ryan Bell. To be honest what I saw of Ryan Bell for Derry minors last year I wasn't that impressed. Padraig Hampsey never let him touch leather that day in Clones. I'd be interested to see how he goes for Coalisland in the championship. Might provide a defensive option if he develops. He was fairly impressive as the minor captain last year and we aren't exactly over run with quality defenders at the minute

I'm referring to Ryan's performances for Derry seniors this year. To kick 6 points against Down isn't bad for a 19 year old in his debut season!!

barelegs

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 30, 2013, 12:41:56 AM
Quote from: barelegs on August 30, 2013, 12:35:48 AM

I'm referring to Ryan's performances for Derry seniors this year. To kick 6 points against Down isn't bad for a 19 year old in his debut season!!

I was a bit over the top there! Thought Bell was excellent as well in the National League final against Westmeath. The only time I've seen him in the flesh since. 

I was probably trying to make the point about Hampshey more than anything

rrhf

Theres some great footballers currenty playing for Augher.  Them boys could do damage this year. 

SkillfulBill

Quote from: rrhf on August 30, 2013, 11:14:33 AM
Theres some great footballers currenty playing for Augher.  Them boys could do damage this year.

Young Kavanagh is an out and out scoring forward for them

tyroneman

Just curious but has Raymie Mulgrew done much since his return?

All the promise yet never quite nailed down being a fixture.