2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Wildweasel74

Mayo didnt choke today, they just didnt have the scoring power there to take it, they played good enough in the 1st half but didnt make their possession count on the scoreboard,

I wonder what it takes to get the dub goalkeepr excited, just another day at the office for him

Dirk Diggler

Quote from: Rossfan on September 22, 2013, 05:10:06 PM
Quote from: johnpower on September 22, 2013, 05:06:10 PM
Mayo forwards not good enough team with best forwards usually win
+100.
Awful 2nd half by Mayowr but they'd lost their way probably from well before half time.
As usual McQuillan added no time for all that was wasted.
Ger Canning must be the most awful commentator on any Station on any sport.

And that fool Carney alongside him. They saw "nothing wrong" with the fontal charge by O'Carroll which he, rightfully, got a yellow card for but the two boys had no idea what it was for. Good grief.

CD

Gutted for all you Mayo fans out there - was sure you'd win it today. You gifted Dublin that one in fairness!!! Your forwards were seriously poor in the second half - beaten to every 50/50 and didn't put their bodies in where it hurt. Dublin played poorly for long, long periods and even Brogan, who'll probably be named man of the match, was below par by his high standards. Why was Seamus O'Shea removed? The other lad was anonymous. Lots of questions - the inquest starts now
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Wildweasel74

Syferus

How many times can you reach down into the well before there's nothing left? Pretty much no team comes back to the big stage a third time in a row after two AI final defeats.

If Mayo couldn't do it this year when will they? This was the best team they've had since '51 and they still came up short. People will try and put a brave face on it but today is a dark day for the Mayo seniors.

Back to game one.

Rossfan

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 22, 2013, 05:12:34 PM
The sooner Horan realises that top class forwards are what win titles the better for Mayo -
Has he got any?
their last few U21 sides were average enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J OGorman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 22, 2013, 05:14:40 PM
Mayo didnt choke today, they just didnt have the scoring power there to take it, they played good enough in the 1st half but didnt make their possession count on the scoreboard,

I wonder what it takes to get the dub goalkeepr excited, just another day at the office for him

The forward div choked surely..werent even taking the fight to Dub like they have up until the final

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 22, 2013, 05:15:34 PM
Pretty much no team comes back to the big stage a third time in a row after two AI final defeats.

Cork 89. Galway stick bucks in 1987 wasn't it?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EC Unique

Well done to Dublin but that was as poor a quality final I have seen in years. Some of the mistakes made were very school boyish by both sides.

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on September 22, 2013, 05:15:44 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 22, 2013, 05:12:34 PM
The sooner Horan realises that top class forwards are what win titles the better for Mayo -
Has he got any?
their last few U21 sides were average enough.

I said during the week Mayo lacked quality forwards needed to win Sam. Until they get a couple of players like a Cooper, Canavan, McConville, Murphy, they'll never win an AI.

Wildweasel74

You cant choke if your not good enough, and if Mayo had great forwards they would have won. And on another note, i argued way back on the all-star thread, that O`Connor wouldnt get an All-Star for tallying up big scores against lower teams

AZOffaly

I'm gutted for mayo and the mayo lads on here and my other mayo friends. Nothing against the Dubs who have been good all year but I'm sure they understand the concept of what's rare is wonderful. I don't know how mayo can come on from this one but they've always come back in fairness to them. I thought Kevin McLoughlin and Alan Dillon were very poor and I thought Horan panicked very quickly in taking off freeman. It was like he couldn't wait to get conroy on.

Anyways the Dubs played great football all year even if the last 15 were cynical enough, but I suppose any team that close to Sam would be tempted to try and kill the game.

reddgnhand

Dublin closed the game out. Not a mention of it. Had it been Tyrone it's all they would have talked about.