2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on September 13, 2013, 12:53:36 PM
I'm staring at Mayo flags out my window at this stage, never seen the Rhus so excited.

You camping on the Mall now?
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Hearing on the grapevine that there are going to be a few surprises. One in the Full forward line and One in half forward line for the final. O'Connor is hoped to start if fit enough (and that's not one of the surprises). Hearing the group are going away for the week before (which is this week!). Are Mayo doing the usual meet and greet for the younger fans this time?

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2013, 07:38:54 PM
Hearing on the grapevine that there are going to be a few surprises. One in the Full forward line and One in half forward line for the final. O'Connor is hoped to start if fit enough (and that's not one of the surprises). Hearing the group are going away for the week before (which is this week!). Are Mayo doing the usual meet and greet for the younger fans this time?

Can you please elaborate, thanks. or send me a PM.

muppet

It's going to be a long week.
MWWSI 2017

IolarCoisCuain

Keep this to yourselves now lads but you know how William J Padden came on in Knockmore during that charity game a fortnight ago? THAT WAS NO ACCIDENT! There are wheels within wheels. Do you get me? Wheels within wheels.

Of course, I'm saying nothing.

seafoid

Elvis Presley has been training hard outside the building and is ready to play his part in the all Ireland bid. He said that song by Mike Denver is "pure shite" as well. Lord Lucan is the full forward.

bucko

Quote from: seafoid on September 13, 2013, 08:52:45 PM
Elvis Presley has been training hard outside the building and is ready to play his part in the all Ireland bid. He said that song by Mike Denver is "pure shite" as well. Lord Lucan is the full forward.
Shergar coming into the half forward line....

From the Bunker

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 13, 2013, 08:33:40 PM
Keep this to yourselves now lads but you know how William J Padden came on in Knockmore during that charity game a fortnight ago? THAT WAS NO ACCIDENT! There are wheels within wheels. Do you get me? Wheels within wheels.

Of course, I'm saying nothing.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You've already said to much shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

moysider

So who could possibly be a surprise in hf line or ff line?

Sam2011

Yearra, say natin'!

rosnarun

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 05, 2013, 09:52:18 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 04, 2013, 06:23:42 PM
Less chance of seeing those Hill 16 - "The City that defeated an empire" jerseys..

Sure you could ask them wearing that Jersey where the name Jackeens comes from for the Dubs as they as so fond of shouting it,

When the Queen Victoria came to dublin back in 1900, a crowd of dublin people waved union jacks as she passed through the street, and hence were given the name Jackeens!!

"When we got into Dublin the mass of people wedged together in the street and every window, even on the roofs, was quite remarkable. Although I have seen many visits of this kind, nothing has ever approached the enthusiasm and even frenzy displayed by the people of Dublin."

The same lads might also tell you that the vast majority of volunteers killed in the 1916 rising were from Dublin. The T shirts are certain;ly cringeworthy but there is an element of truth in them

Here something for the Dubliners to remember they granddads
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: joemamas on September 13, 2013, 07:54:52 PM

Can you please elaborate, thanks. or send me a PM.

I'd choose the PM myself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: moysider on September 13, 2013, 11:17:56 PM

Pearse Hanley in hf and ciaran mc in ff. Time for at least one of those stories to emerge
So who could possibly be a surprise in hf line or ff line?

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Given Pearcey is a Roscommon man and no longer a member of the 'Mayo' club he wouldn't be ell able to represent Mayo until he played a club championship game ;)

Johnnybegood

http://youtu.be/Rwi-iG6SOdw

How in gods name did over 78k people turn up for that shite?