Athletic Grounds,Armagh.

Started by T Fearon, August 24, 2013, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Exactly the same size and model as one at Canal End at Croker

Maguire01

I've rarely, if ever, been in the Cusack Stand since they added that screen, so can't comment, but the TV in Armagh is useless IMO. Anyone else think otherwise? Anyone able to see anything on it from the stand?

T Fearon

Depends on vantage point and eyesight.I suppose if you're sitting in the far end of the stand and are short sighted you're not going to see much on the screen

under the bar

QuoteDepends on vantage point and eyesight.I suppose if you're sitting in the far end of the stand and are short sighted you're not going to see much on the screen

And if you are unlucky enough to to be situated in any of the 10 seats behind Tony all ye will see for the entire game is a 4 foot wide orange-fading -to-yellow jersey with "All Ireland Champions 2002  & 2003" emblazoned across it!  :)

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 16, 2014, 08:07:44 AM
I've rarely, if ever, been in the Cusack Stand since they added that screen, so can't comment, but the TV in Armagh is useless IMO. Anyone else think otherwise? Anyone able to see anything on it from the stand?
Have you considered getting glasses? 

T Fearon

Perhaps Armagh could use the big screen to raise much needed finance by using it for eye tests.

It's not as good as the one located at Hill 16 but does add to the Matchday experience at the Athletic Grounds and was provided by a sponsor.

armaghniac

As I often sit on the end of the stand nearest the big screen, it is great for watching replays of action up at the other goal, that is difficult to see  directly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Must confess, as a frequent visitor to Croke Park and Celtic Park in Glasgow, I don't pay much attention to the big screens during the games,as I figure that I came to see the action live and if I'd wanted to watch on the screen I'd have watched it on my tv at home.

Would pay more attention to the screens before games, interviews etc, and again at Celtic Park the view of the big screens very much depends on where you're seated in the stadium.

However the big screen is an asset at the Athletic Grounds and the fact that its cost was borne 100% by a sponsor is a bigger bonus.

Throw ball

Quote from: T Fearon on March 21, 2014, 04:08:52 PM
Must confess, as a frequent visitor to Croke Park and Celtic Park in Glasgow, I don't pay much attention to the big screens during the games,as I figure that I came to see the action live and if I'd wanted to watch on the screen I'd have watched it on my tv at home.

Would pay more attention to the screens before games, interviews etc, and again at Celtic Park the view of the big screens very much depends on where you're seated in the stadium.

However the big screen is an asset at the Athletic Grounds and the fact that its cost was borne 100% by a sponsor is a bigger bonus.

Think the sponsor deserves a plug! Lenco wasn't it?

T Fearon

Main Street

You never know, but one day soon you might have a few highlights of your own from the home team, to watch on the big screen.

Maguire01

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on March 20, 2014, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 16, 2014, 08:07:44 AM
Have you considered getting glasses?
Considering i'm in the Athletic Grounds approximately once a year, no.