Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop

Quote from: tayto on April 21, 2007, 09:25:39 PM
ha, good point main street, start with a massive contradiction, accuse GAA fans as a whiole of being fond of generalisations hahahahaha  ::)

This entire thread is full of lazy, stupid generalizations. Get over yourselves.

Regarding Main Street's post - Very few heard what was said. Genuine Rovers fans (the vast majority) are in a state of shock today on learning what happened.

People who chant such rubbish are utter, utter gobshites - and have little interest in what happens on the field and could probably only name a couple of Rovers players.

It has always been a mystery to me why such lowlives gravitate to soccer matches. Believe me - those of us who invest so much time and money in our club are livid that these idiots continue to turn up at our matches.

dublinfella

Quote from: magickingdom on April 21, 2007, 02:27:00 PM
Dublinfella:
"The hand that feeds is being withdrawn"

there is a good chance that in 2 months time there will be a different gov, there is a near certainty that there will be a different minister for sport. john o donoghue 'promise' will have been kept to the best of his ability and the new guy will do his thing whatever that is. that is what tds 'won' in the high court.....

what guarantee do you have that anyone else will side with TD? no political party has supported the GAA position....

but at least you accept TD are only interested in delaying the project

blast05

Quoteand if the perpetrators can be identified, they will be barred from future games.

Serious detective work required there so .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAB1eI4VvXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLi85h5xnI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHV5-Advmf0

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on April 21, 2007, 10:35:44 PM
Quoteand if the perpetrators can be identified, they will be barred from future games.

If those links worked, I might know what you are on about.

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on April 21, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

a video of nothing, dundalk fans attacking rovers fans and running from the cops and a fight outside a GAA pub.

your point is?

blast05

Appears to be a problem with YouTube at the moment.
Point isn't about these clips - the point is that words are cheap until such time as SR ban all involved for life.
And while you are at it, i don't suppose there is any chance of banning those that were involved in the 3rd YouTube cliip - the Hill 16 pub scrap ... and given that there was about a hundred or so involved in this, this can hardly be dismissed as a "tiny majority" (as per apology on SR website) given that official match attendances are a snip over 1,000.

Sorry, i don't doubt that you are a genuine supporter but having such a significant amount of folk associated with your club means the whole club will be tarred with the same brush, similar principle as English soccer supporters abroad. 
Unless this element is rooted out and banned then i don't think your club are entitled to any access to whatever form the redeveloped Tallaght ground takes.

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on April 21, 2007, 10:59:26 PM
Appears to be a problem with YouTube at the moment.
Point isn't about these clips - the point is that words are cheap until such time as SR ban all involved for life.
And while you are at it, i don't suppose there is any chance of banning those that were involved in the 3rd YouTube cliip - the Hill 16 pub scrap ... and given that there was about a hundred or so involved in this, this can hardly be dismissed as a "tiny majority" (as per apology on SR website) given that official match attendances are a snip over 1,000.

Sorry, i don't doubt that you are a genuine supporter but having such a significant amount of folk associated with your club means the whole club will be tarred with the same brush, similar principle as English soccer supporters abroad. 
Unless this element is rooted out and banned then i don't think your club are entitled to any access to whatever form the redeveloped Tallaght ground takes.

one of your clips was of nothing, one was of dundalk lads acting the bollocks and the third is a scrap on the street 2 miles from the ground. what are Rovers supposed to do about that?

we should worry about referees getting locked in car boots before we lecture anyone else

blast05

Quotewhat are Rovers supposed to do about that?

Bury their heads in the sand and pretend that there isn't such a culture associated with their team would seem to be your suggestion but at the same time insist that the government provide gratis a stadium to allow these scumbags spend their welfare getting access to it.

In the UK, they have a campaign to rid the game of racism. A similar campaign to rid your club of scumbags would be a start.

As for referees in boots, do you expect a serious reply to this widespread cancer in GAA  ::)

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on April 21, 2007, 11:19:42 PM
Quotewhat are Rovers supposed to do about that?

Bury their heads in the sand and pretend that there isn't such a culture associated with their team would seem to be your suggestion but at the same time insist that the government provide gratis a stadium to allow these scumbags spend their welfare getting access to it.

In the UK, they have a campaign to rid the game of racism. A similar campaign to rid your club of scumbags would be a start.

As for referees in boots, do you expect a serious reply to this widespread cancer in GAA  ::)

ahhh, the point emerges.

because there were slaps before a game last year the stadium they started building should be given to the GAA. despite the fact that people were banned over that video.

Clutching.

At.

Straws.

Hardy

I'd be impressed with your protestations about Rovers' impotence to do anything about this scum element if I chose to forget about their condoning the scummy behaviour of the same element by allowing them to display, not two miles away, but within the stadium, the disgusting banner that prompted this thread. Not to menion your own ignoble attempt to defend said disgusting display, which destroyed any vestige of credibilty around here that you might have aspired to.

blast05

Quotebecause there were slaps before a game last year the stadium they started building should be given to the GAA. despite the fact that people were banned over that video.

Don't recall saying anything of the sort. For what its worth, i don't have any great opinion either way on the whole TD / SR affair. I just see a 'soccer club with a significant sc**bag support element' getting a 'free stadium from the government' and to my mind, those 2 things shouldn't go hand in hand.

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on April 21, 2007, 11:37:02 PM
Quotebecause there were slaps before a game last year the stadium they started building should be given to the GAA. despite the fact that people were banned over that video.

Don't recall saying anything of the sort. For what its worth, i don't have any great opinion either way on the whole TD / SR affair. I just see a 'soccer club with a significant sc**bag support element' getting a 'free stadium from the government' and to my mind, those 2 things shouldn't go hand in hand.

and the free stadium line gets trotted out again.  ::)

there is no question Rovers have put money in, the question is how much. but TD want to get their hands on it for nothing. and Rovers are the parasites.

you really couldnt make up the hypocricy.

Hardy

You're right. The free stadium lie must be nailed once and for all. For the last time, it's not free. Shamrock Rovers (in whatever guise) have contributed €100K. On the other hand, they have received payment hugely in excess of that €100K for the lease of the ground that they sold back to SDCC, having been presented with it for nothing in the first place. So it's not a free stadium. It's better than that. Its a stadium they've been PAID to use. And still they bitch on. As I said before, it's funnier than a Mark Bros. movie.

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on April 21, 2007, 11:52:28 PM
You're right. The free stadium lie must be nailed once and for all. For the last time, it's not free. Shamrock Rovers (in whatever guise) have contributed €100K. On the other hand, they have received payment hugely in excess of that €100K for the lease of the ground that they sold back to SDCC, having been presented with it for nothing in the first place. So it's not a free stadium. It's better than that. Its a stadium they've been PAID to use. And still they bitch on. As I said before, it's funnier than a Mark Bros. movie.

Rovers never recieved money for the lease and well you know it.

So your line Rovers are getting something from the state and thats a disgrace. Scandalous. The best thing to do is get that stadium for free for the GAA instead at a huge increased cost to the taxpayer. Because that is different somehow.

Surreal stuff.

blast05

QuoteSo your line Rovers are getting something from the state and thats a disgrace. Scandalous.

No, its not. Its just disproportionate funding for a sports capital project in comparison to what other sports get (i haven't really been following this thread that closely up to now so perhaps this line is at odds a little with the TD line - i don't know or care).
Its already happened - a la Athlone Town. Whether thats fair or not - i don't think so. If i wished to set up an ice-hockey franchise in Galway, Limerick and Dublin to compete in the UK leagues should i be entitled to get an arena built for free in each city (this of course would provide a facility that could also be used for ice skating, concerts, etc but with ice-hockey as the anchor tenant). The answer to my question imho is definitely not, unless the franchise were willing to put up a significant amount of financial backing for the project. But seeing as this would not be a prerequisite for this government, then surely every sports club, professional or amateur, community involved or otherwise, are entitled to  free sporting facilities .... and this obviously is not acceptable

Oh and i see from the latest opinion polls that the rainbow coalition is gaining on any FF lead one meaning we could have ex Kerry great Jimmy Deenihan presiding over this whole affair in a couple of months. Rovers must be beginning to sweat  :P