GAA Trivia

Started by JBM on the 21, August 23, 2013, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteS: Goleen, Cork

Do we know that the Goleen pitch is further south than than Ilen Rovers, Balitmore.
Or should it be the catchment area of the club?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blanketattack

Quote from: blanketattack on August 23, 2013, 04:35:42 PM
What game did the Sunday game show the highlights of twice because of all the people ringing in saying they missed it first time round?

Anyone want to have a guess at this?

timmyot501

Sometimes it feels like they show all of the highlights twice on TSG. 

Highlights : show highlights
Analysis : show highlights

commonman

Name the two players who were direct opponents in midfield in an All Ireland Minor Football Semi Final (within the last 20 years) who have gone on to win Senior International Caps, one at Soccer and the other at  Rugby.

ONeill

Socrates and Socrates
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardtole

Quote from: commonman on October 12, 2013, 02:24:09 PM
Name the two players who were direct opponents in midfield in an All Ireland Minor Football Semi Final (within the last 20 years) who have gone on to win Senior International Caps, one at Soccer and the other at  Rugby.

Gavin Duffy Mayo and Damien Delaney Cork?

commonman

Mayo

Spot on -  1999

Mayo

1.   John O'Hara 2.   MJ Meeneghan 3.   Para ic Kelly;4.   John Brogan  5.   Rory Keane 6.   Paul Coady  7.   Conor Moran  8.   James Gill 9.   Gavin Duffy
10.   Robert  Moran  11.   BJ Padden  12.   Barry Loftus
13.   Gary Dillon  14.   Alan Dillon  15.   Eoin Gallagher

CORK
:1.  Patrick O'Shea (Captain),   2.  Noel O'Leary,   3. Noel Furlong,   4.  Finbarr Crowley,  5  Donal O'Sullivan,   6. Ronan Curran,   7. Tom Kenny,  8.  Damien Delaney,   9.  David Niblock,    10.John Flavin,   11 Conor McCarthy,    12. Paudie Hurley,     13. Robert O'Mahony,    14. Bernard Collins,   15. Conor Brosnan.

Wildweasel74

Didnt know Curran or Kenny could play abit of ball

johnneycool

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 25, 2013, 03:31:22 PM
Ballygalget more east than Portaferry. Johnney Cool could verify.

Yeah, we're certainly more easterly than Portaferry, however Ballycran would be closer, we might just shade it though.

I'd think its us.

sans pessimism

Has 2 brothers ever faced each other in a county senior final as will be the case in Mayo when Eoghan(Castle Mitchels )and Tommy(Breaffy)Reilly line out for their respective clubs
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

RealSpiritof98

Was only a cub but i'm nearly sure Paul Grimley faced 1 if not 3 of his brothers Ogs v Harps in the Armagh County final in the 80s

muppet

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 14, 2013, 06:42:05 PM
Has 2 brothers ever faced each other in a county senior final as will be the case in Mayo when Eoghan(Castle Mitchels )and Tommy(Breaffy)Reilly line out for their respective clubs

How many footballers have won Mayo County Minor and Senior medals the same day?
MWWSI 2017

shark

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 14, 2013, 06:42:05 PM

Ah it's nice to hear that Westmeath isn't the only county in which this madness prevails. Two sets of brothers faced their siblings in a semi a few years ago between Mull Shamrocks and The Downs, but never in a final. Having no parish rule can lead to mayhem at times.

AZOffaly

Surely this would be a common occurance in Dublin where Parish Rule is not a factor? Maybe not in a county final per se, but with all the clubs I'm sure players have faced siblings on a relatively regular basis.

Gabriel_Hurl

1983 Tyrone Senior semi-final had brothers on opposite teams but also as direct opponents. Frank McGuigan playing at FF was marked by his younger brother Stephen.