Cork v Clare All Ireland SHC Final Sunday 8th September 3.30pm

Started by CitySlicker11, August 22, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Well done Clare.
Thought they had lost theur way completely after half time but the Cork equaliser seemed to liberate them.
Great to see the small Counties winning things.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Count 10

Milltown Row2

That was another fantastic game, having watched our footballers win another County Championship earlier I had to tape it and not turn any media on so I could watch the match 'live'. Clare let Cork back in last week and nearly did the same today but Cork never got their noses in front.

The fitness levels of both teams must be seriously high as they never relented the whole match. This Clare team could stay at the top or like that great Tipp team we thought was going to do well fall away, somehow I doubt Fitz will let that happen, it was noticeable as Liam Sheedy said that this team has a great camaraderie about them, probably something Tipp didn't have
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blanketattack

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lar Naparka

Clare were worthy winners of a spectacular game. Absolutely rivetting fare from start to finish.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Capt Pat

It was a great game from both teams. 8-32 scored between both teams. That Clare team are still very young and were able to spring talent from the bench like Seadna Morey and Darach Honan late in the game to help win the game.
They could/should win the all Ireland a couple more times before they are finished.

Jell 0 Biafra

waterfordlad

Fantastic game. Clare deserved winners although Cork get great credit for not giving up. One thing that was missing from this years hurling championship was goals up to the final and we got 8 today. Great end to a great hurling year.

theskull1

I doesn't get much better than that. Delighted for Clare. Thoroughly deserved.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

CitySlicker11

Great win for Clare and well deserved.  Think people are letting all the goals and the emotion overwhelm them as I feel there have been better games in this year's championship. Still great stuff though and its best year for hurling that I can remember

Sean3

Fantastic victory for the Banner and a great game to watch. McGrath's goal to win it was worthy of the occasion. What an occasion to remember for Shane O'Donnell
SG team of the year:
Nash - Cork
O'Neill - Cork
Kelly - Dublin
McInerney - Clare
Bugler - Clare
Rushe - Dublin
Donnellan - Clare
Browne - Limerick
Galvin - Clare
Harnedy - Cork
Kelly - Clare
Sutcliffe - Dublin
Collins - Clare
Horgan - Cork
McGrath - Clare

Hurler of the Year - Tony Kelly

johnneycool

Fantastic game played at full pelt throughout with very little if any dirty pulls the whole way through, thank god Clare managed to see it out after the year of upsets it'd be a balls if one of the big three had went on to win it.

As much as young Mcdonnell ended up with 3-3, Colin McGrath was outstanding throughout and is yet another deadly forward along with Tony Kelly, Paudge Collins etc, etc. Cork stemmed the flow from Collins but some of the others step up to the mark, very hard to counteract that.
I like the cut of Harnedy and young Lehane who I think will both be good hurlers for Cork in years to come, though JBM may have made a mistakes not starting Moylan as he did well in the first game when introduced and also got 1-1 on saturday, he's got that poachers instinct..

Being pedantic, but Honans goal should possibly have been a free out as he threw the ball in the net, I don't think he touched it when he tried to bat it in. Would have been harsh not to award it all the same.

It'll be interesting to see how a rejuvenated Kilkenny fit into the new hurling landscape, will they go with the tried and tested big ball winners in the forwards or adopt a more measured approach in their build up??

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on September 30, 2013, 09:09:33 AM
Fantastic game played at full pelt throughout with very little if any dirty pulls the whole way through, thank god Clare managed to see it out after the year of upsets it'd be a balls if one of the big three had went on to win it.

As much as young Mcdonnell ended up with 3-3, Colin McGrath was outstanding throughout and is yet another deadly forward along with Tony Kelly, Paudge Collins etc, etc. Cork stemmed the flow from Collins but some of the others step up to the mark, very hard to counteract that.
I like the cut of Harnedy and young Lehane who I think will both be good hurlers for Cork in years to come, though JBM may have made a mistakes not starting Moylan as he did well in the first game when introduced and also got 1-1 on saturday, he's got that poachers instinct..

Being pedantic, but Honans goal should possibly have been a free out as he threw the ball in the net, I don't think he touched it when he tried to bat it in. Would have been harsh not to award it all the same.

It'll be interesting to see how a rejuvenated Kilkenny fit into the new hurling landscape, will they go with the tried and tested big ball winners in the forwards or adopt a more measured approach in their build up??

Honans goal was technically a free out, but I suppose its like saying that someone should be blown up when they toss the ball up and fail to connect with it as thats technically a throw ball.  Tony Kelly seems to get 3/4 points every game and each one of them are unbelievable.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gerrykeegan

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2013, 09:21:27 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 30, 2013, 09:09:33 AM
Being pedantic again but the goal O'Donnell scored where he batted it to the net - as he went through on goal and was running out of steps, he tried to tap it off the hurl to give him more steps. I didn't think the ball hit the stick.

I think it did, I watched it back a load of times. (Can't be 100% sure mind you)
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)