Limerick vs. Clare Sunday 18th August Croke Park

Started by Premier Emperor, August 17, 2013, 06:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Emperor

It's great to see the Christy Ring Cup final is getting some prominence again and being restored to its August slot in Croke Park.
I think Limerick will win in by 3 or 4 points.

Milltown Row2

I'm sure the Tipp lads can't wait to enter it next year ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CorkMan

This game could go either way. Clare will need to build a big lead in the first half to have any chance of surviving when Limerick really turn it on in the last quarter.

Asal Mor

Downes and Dowling are 2 game changers alright and might be the difference in the last 20. These young Clare lads are quality though. Not sure about Kelly in goals after the Galway game but they've fast, skillful players all over the pitch. Surprised the build-up has been low key in Clare given how talented these young lads are. Limerick will put a lot more pressure than Galway did on the Clare short passing game in defence. Cork beat Clare with scores from turnovers and Limerick will hassle them just as much. If Clare can avoid giving up turnovers and cheap scores they might do it but who knows really? It should be a really high quality game, tighter and lower-scoring than last week, but it will be an amazing occasion and if I was at home I wouldn't miss it. 

Asal Mor

Bizarre free at the end but I suppose Limerick had a good point ruled out by Hawkeye at the start. Limerick fans booing a 17 year old lad (Brian Molloy) taking frees would want to cop on.

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 18, 2013, 02:50:03 PM
Bizarre free at the end but I suppose Limerick had a good point ruled out by Hawkeye at the start. Limerick fans booing a 17 year old lad (Brian Molloy) taking frees would want to cop on.
Maybe they could get a Full back and a CHB from the minors and put them in a hothouse for the winter ...

Asal Mor

Well done to the minors on a brilliant and really hard fought win. And O Donoghue and Cooney looked good at full-back and centre-back seafoid. O Conghaile was excellent in the corner and it's a long time since we had a lad from west Galway on a county team. Conor Whelan up front looks the best prospect of all to me. Great bit of stuff - reminds me of Damien Hayes. The team had to show some balls to come through, especially with the way the ref was letting everything go. That  must be what Brian Cody's training matches are like.

BennyCake

Has Roy Keane been giving Davy Fitz interview tips?  ;D

Asal Mor

;D Class interview from Davy. Ya gotta love him.

seafoid

Clare ahead by 7 points. Sounds like the Galway match.

maigheo

If ever the pre match interviews of both managers reflected the demeanor of there teams play in the first half ,this was it.

Asal Mor

Yeah Clare are very efficient and look to have a lot more quality up front. Kelly is an amazing talent - he's gonna be one of the all-time greats. Collins and Ryan are class too. Limerick have a lot of brawn up front but not as much skill or speed. They are obviously nervous too.

BennyCake

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 18, 2013, 03:38:04 PM
;D Class interview from Davy. Ya gotta love him.

I loved the cold stare towards the interviewer as he walked off.  What a character!  ;D

Asal Mor

;D He is f**king priceless. Funniest interview since that mobile phone went off twice in Ipswich.

Asal Mor