Limerick vs. Clare Sunday 18th August Croke Park

Started by Premier Emperor, August 17, 2013, 06:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Well done to Clare......... fully deserved win.

A horror show for Limerick........  have never seen supporters so disappointed after the game. To be fair to Limerick they had the biggest non Dublin support I have ever seen in CP. Everything went against them ,  missed frees, soft goal conceded, goal chance brilliantly saved at a time a goal could have settled them down.

Thought Clare full back McInerney was motm . In fairness to DF, he is the ideal man for this job. A great manager imvho for a younger bunch of lads and maybe not the best for a bunch of grizzled veterans.

Really hope Clare win it now. Pace, skill , absence of hang ups and confidence is what it is all about now.

johnneycool

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2013, 09:08:36 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 18, 2013, 06:43:30 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on August 18, 2013, 04:39:02 PM
;D He is f**king priceless. Funniest interview since that mobile phone went off twice in Ipswich.
Missed the interview, anyone got a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uofd3t5_rys

Dead pan stuff, you'd wonder does he burst out laughing to himself once the camera's stop rolling. The lads in the studio after it was shown had some laugh at it.

That aside did anyone see the post match interview wee Marty had with the Wexford Camogie manager after they'd been well beat by Galway, first question in was about the referee and whether he was fair or not. The Wexford lad had to think a while and attempted to say little but after a bit more probing from wee Marty let fly. Shit stirring wee bollox.

orangeman

;D He is f**king priceless. Funniest interview since that mobile phone went off twice in Ipswich.

You can just imagine what the changing room was like just before he let them out onto the pitch.

You'd loved to have been a fly on the wall.

Asal Mor

Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2013, 07:35:11 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on August 19, 2013, 07:27:59 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2013, 07:19:16 AM

Clare were very good but Limerick were appalling. And a lot of Limerick's were unforced especially the missed shots- many of them largely free shots.

Yeah I think Hannon missed 5 placed balls in the first half. Can't remember who was co-commentating yesterday, but remember him saying after the 2nd or 3rd one that they should change the free taker as Hannon didn't look relaxed out there. Hard on the young lad, but he's had a great year and he'll have many more  hopefully.

I'm not sure Liimerick will be back as quick. They had more experience on the pitch then Clare yesterday and for me Clare have more ability to be getting to Croker far more regularly then Limerick.

Yeah Limerick looked very ordinary yesterday but they still had the chances to win,  even with the injuries to Hickey and Downes. Downes is a class forward who would have come on earlier if he hadn't been carrying an injury.

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 19, 2013, 02:52:56 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2013, 07:35:11 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on August 19, 2013, 07:27:59 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2013, 07:19:16 AM

Clare were very good but Limerick were appalling. And a lot of Limerick's were unforced especially the missed shots- many of them largely free shots.

Yeah I think Hannon missed 5 placed balls in the first half. Can't remember who was co-commentating yesterday, but remember him saying after the 2nd or 3rd one that they should change the free taker as Hannon didn't look relaxed out there. Hard on the young lad, but he's had a great year and he'll have many more  hopefully.

I'm not sure Liimerick will be back as quick. They had more experience on the pitch then Clare yesterday and for me Clare have more ability to be getting to Croker far more regularly then Limerick.

Yeah Limerick looked very ordinary yesterday but they still had the chances to win,  even with the injuries to Hickey and Downes. Downes is a class forward who would have come on earlier if he hadn't been carrying an injury.
Most matches are down to what happens on the day, really

Glensman

Quote from: orangeman on August 19, 2013, 10:29:25 AM

You can just imagine what the changing room was like just before he let them out onto the pitch.

You'd loved to have been a fly on the wall.

I reckon one of the Clare subs should video the dressing room pre-final. Happened to Davy before in his uni managing days.

Go for it lads!!