Limerick vs. Clare Sunday 18th August Croke Park

Started by Premier Emperor, August 17, 2013, 06:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

6 points in it. Very impressive Clare performance.

seafoid

A great job by Davy Fitz. Massive achievement.

I dunno about the 5 week break influencing things though. Clare are playing great hurling.

Asal Mor

Yeah Davy gets the best out of teams. He's a great manager. Ryan, Collins, Kelly, Donnellan, McInerny and the keeper Kelly were all brilliant. It's gonna be a fast-paced final.
I wouldn't blame the 5 week break either but sad for Limerick and the pressure did get to them. They didn't do themselves justice and wasted too many chances in the first half. Allen might get a bit of stick for his supersub tactic, especially not starting Dowling. He's done a great job though and it looked like a couple of the Limerick lads were apologising to him after the game.

seafoid

He is very interesting in interviews, so he is.

Asal Mor

Odds for the finals (from Paddypower.
Cork 5/6   Draw 10/1     Clare 6/5

Waterford 5/6           Draw 10/1          Galway 11/10

Interesting (to me anyway) that the overround is a little bigger for the minor game, with the 11/10 on Galway a little less generous than the 12/10 on offer for Clare. Any bookies on here who could tell me why that is?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 18, 2013, 04:39:02 PM
;D He is f**king priceless. Funniest interview since that mobile phone went off twice in Ipswich.
Missed the interview, anyone got a link?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyCake on August 18, 2013, 03:37:39 PM
Has Roy Keane been giving Davy Fitz interview tips?  ;D

Keane was spotted in the crowd after the match. He definitely had a word with Davy  ;D

Capt Pat

A big win for Clare today, now can they take the next step? Clare have some great players especially Tony Kelly. Did Morey not play at all today for Clare?

From the Bunker

Because of circumstance I had to listen to the game on the Radio today. Radio One and Marty Morrissey. Jez, he was a dose. The Clare bias was over-whelming with his cheers at every score. He did not update the score, so you were left for ages wondering what the score was. Players were named when they scored, but not who they were scoring for. I'd know feck all of the players on both sides. So this left me in limbo as to who was going further ahead or catching up from behind!

INDIANA

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 18, 2013, 05:26:59 PM
Yeah Davy gets the best out of teams. He's a great manager. Ryan, Collins, Kelly, Donnellan, McInerny and the keeper Kelly were all brilliant. It's gonna be a fast-paced final.
I wouldn't blame the 5 week break either but sad for Limerick and the pressure did get to them. They didn't do themselves justice and wasted too many chances in the first half. Allen might get a bit of stick for his supersub tactic, especially not starting Dowling. He's done a great job though and it looked like a couple of the Limerick lads were apologising to him after the game.

Clare were very good but Limerick were appalling. And a lot of Limerick's were unforced especially the missed shots- many of them largely free shots.

Asal Mor

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2013, 11:39:25 PM
Because of circumstance I had to listen to the game on the Radio today. Radio One and Marty Morrissey. Jez, he was a dose. The Clare bias was over-whelming with his cheers at every score. He did not update the score, so you were left for ages wondering what the score was. Players were named when they scored, but not who they were scoring for. I'd know feck all of the players on both sides. So this left me in limbo as to who was going further ahead or catching up from behind!

FTB, I often have to listen to matches on the radio but I find the local stations much better than RTE, if you have access t them. They're biased too obviously, but the passion, the genuine excitement and the knowledge of the players is great.

Asal Mor

Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2013, 07:19:16 AM

Clare were very good but Limerick were appalling. And a lot of Limerick's were unforced especially the missed shots- many of them largely free shots.

Yeah I think Hannon missed 5 placed balls in the first half. Can't remember who was co-commentating yesterday, but remember him saying after the 2nd or 3rd one that they should change the free taker as Hannon didn't look relaxed out there. Hard on the young lad, but he's had a great year and he'll have many more  hopefully.

INDIANA

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 19, 2013, 07:27:59 AM

Yeah I think Hannon missed 5 placed balls in the first half. Can't remember who was co-commentating yesterday, but remember him saying after the 2nd or 3rd one that they should change the free taker as Hannon didn't look relaxed out there. Hard on the young lad, but he's had a great year and he'll have many more  hopefully.

I'm not sure Liimerick will be back as quick. They had more experience on the pitch then Clare yesterday and for me Clare have more ability to be getting to Croker far more regularly then Limerick.

johnneycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 19, 2013, 07:27:59 AM

Donal O'Grady was the co-commentator and made that comment on changing Hannon after the first few very bad wides.

Limerick just didn't turn up yesterday, maybe it was the hype of the Munster final win, the expectation of beating Clare or what not but their key players just didn't get any sort of momentum at all, but credit to the Clare lads, they play with some amount of pace and skill and their passing game is now working for them when in the league it wasn't just as slick. Tony Kelly is a joy to watch, skillfull, well balanced runner, striking sweetly off both sides at his leisure. He's the souped up version of Jamsie O'Connor, but he's also got some very good hurlers around him as well in Colin Ryan, Paudge Collins all hitting the target.

You got to give wee Davy credit as they played with no fear on what must have been their biggest game to date, for all his ranting and raving, he has a the team playing with a pressure free coolness.

He'll love to give Cork a good rattle and no doubt he will. Both very pacy teams yet again, so it could be a very open game.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001