Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: give her dixie on May 30, 2014, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 30, 2014, 05:32:44 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 30, 2014, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 30, 2014, 02:58:48 PM
What has been the reaction, if any, from the other main political parties or church leaders to McConnell and Robinson?

Dyou mean parties in the 6?

There was a full scale row in the executive chambers yesterday when MMcG brought the topic up.

Another sham fight. They all had supper that evening together.

Bang on the money. Another fake row to pretend that they give a shit about Muslims .

So your giving out about them doing something by calling it a sham on one hand, while giving out about them not making a statement on the other. No doubt you would have complained about it being a sham if they had given a statement. So SF couldn't win in your eyes. Which is fine you are entitled to that opinion. But give over on the dragging of multiple threads into SF bashing. You've shown an agenda on here and it's getting boring.
The fact that u highlight SF'S lack of statement but don't question the others shows your clear bias.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

give her dixie

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 30, 2014, 07:27:59 PM
What has been the reaction, if any, from the other main political parties or church leaders to McConnell and Robinson?

There was a full scale row in the executive chambers yesterday when MMcG brought the topic up.

Bang on the money. Another fake row to pretend that they give a shit about Muslims .

So your giving out about them doing something by calling it a sham on one hand, while giving out about them not making a statement on the other. No doubt you would have complained about it being a sham if they had given a statement. So SF couldn't win in your eyes. Which is fine you are entitled to that opinion. But give over on the dragging of multiple threads into SF bashing. You've shown an agenda on here and it's getting boring.
The fact that u highlight SF'S lack of statement but don't question the others shows your clear bias.

I asked what the reaction was from the other parties and church groups. I got replies in relation to Sinn Fein, and how they just replied on Twitter. If I had of got a reply about what the others said, I would have responded.

I haFr many reasons to question the lack of an official statement from Sinn Fein as I remember very well the refusal by Gerry Adams to speak at a rally held 4 years ago tomorrow after Israel murdered 9 Muslims on board the Mavi Marmara.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Excuse me for asking, but how much of a shite do Muslim countries give about Christians??? Do Christians in Muslim countries get treated as fairly as Muslims in Christian countries do????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stew on May 30, 2014, 09:36:27 PM

Excuse me for asking, but how much of a shite do Muslim countries give about Christians??? Do Christians in Muslim countries get treated as fairly as Muslims in Christian countries do????
That attitude will take us places! The race to the bottom.

HiMucker

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 30, 2014, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 30, 2014, 09:28:40 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on May 30, 2014, 08:58:06 AM
I think Sinn Fein party members take the average industrial wage, not the minimum wage.  Still very commendable and something they don't hype on about enough.  I stand to be corrected though  :-\

You are 100% correct
Apart from the bit about not hyping on about it enough!
here that's just my perception of it.  Given the expenses scandals here and in the uk, it was looking like a lot of politicians were just in it for the money.  Whether you think there useless cnuts or not I don't think it was something that you could level at the shinners, and I didn't hear much mention of it.  That's just my opinion on it, maybe you have shinners talking to you all the time slabbering about their average industrial wage :)

theskull1

Not what you'd call a very nuanced argument stew. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind so where do you go with that even if it is a truth?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

give her dixie

Excuse me for asking, but how much of a shite do Muslim countries give about Christians??? DQo Christians in Muslim countries get treated as fairly as Muslims in Christian countries do????

Stew have a read at this article I put together 4 years ago after the Turkish ships were attacked going to Gaza

https://m.facebook.com/notes/gaza-tv-news/the-story-of-turkey-sending-ships-loaded-with-aid-to-ireland-during-the-famine-i/131888103518353

give her dixie

One of Ian Paisley's sons has called NI's first minister "condescending" and an "ignoramus" over comments he made in support of a controversial pastor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27637224

Newtownabbey deputy lord mayor Dineen Walker has apologised after calling Alliance MLA Anna Lo "racist" on social media, the DUP has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27630653

gallsman

This is one of the points Khalid Anis was trying to make on Nolan - you can't simply categorise somewhere as "a Muslim country". There are many different forms of Islam practised in many different countries, just as there are many forms of Christianity practised in many different countries. And, in most instances, you do not have "Muslim countries" or "Christian countries" - you have states where the majority of the population happen to be Muslim or Christian.

Regardless, that's not the issue here. The sole issue here is the treatment of Muslims in the north of Ireland. We should hold ourselves to higher standards than "sure themmuns over there would do the same to us if we lived there".

Myles Na G.

Quote from: give her dixie on May 31, 2014, 06:27:22 AM
One of Ian Paisley's sons has called NI's first minister "condescending" and an "ignoramus" over comments he made in support of a controversial pastor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27637224

Wonder what he makes of some of his dad's comments about Catholicism over the years.

Itchy

Quote from: give her dixie on May 30, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

I asked what the reaction was from the other parties and church groups. I got replies in relation to Sinn Fein, and how they just replied on Twitter. If I had of got a reply about what the others said, I would have responded.

I haFr many reasons to question the lack of an official statement from Sinn Fein as I remember very well the refusal by Gerry Adams to speak at a rally held 4 years ago tomorrow after Israel murdered 9 Muslims on board the Mavi Marmara.

That last bit is you in a nutshell. Sinn Fein is as vocal as any party in Ireland on Palestinian statehood but because they won't jump to your tune you go on the attack. You are every bit the fascist that the Israeli state is. Take a look in the mirror, you might not like what you have become.

give her dixie

Quote from: Itchy on May 31, 2014, 09:01:43 AM

That last bit is you in a nutshell. Sinn Fein is as vocal as any party in Ireland on Palestinian statehood but because they won't jump to your tune you go on the attack. You are every bit the fascist that the Israeli state is. Take a look in the mirror, you might not like what you have become.

Itchy, there is an old saying, "actions speak louder than words".

Can you give me any examples of what Sinn Fein have done for the Palestinians over the past number of years?

Saffrongael

Quote from: give her dixie on May 31, 2014, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: Itchy on May 31, 2014, 09:01:43 AM

Itchy, there is an old saying, "actions speak louder than words".

Can you give me any examples of what Sinn Fein have done for the Palestinians over the past number of years?

They have been on some amount of "fact finding" junkets to Palestine, that's for sure.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Itchy

Sinn Vein were elected to represent Irish people, not the Palestinians. What is it is exactly you expect them to do? My point is you are attacking that party on multiple fronts only because they won't tow your  and Seafoods line.

imtommygunn

Massive crowd at city hall for anti racism rally today.

Good to see people protesting though would be good to see it in the vote stakes.

There's an israel-palestine and sinn fein thread elsewhere...