Is this group of mayo footballers about to reach the promised land

Started by rrhf, August 16, 2013, 09:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

They say its 57 years since a mayo group won an all Ireland and that was a pipe band surely.  With men like the  o she's, handy andy Moran, and Conor Mortimer having hung up his sun in are mayo equipped with all the guns needed to shoot down the second greatest Kerry team in history, arguably the best Dublin team since heffo and a struggling pish poor Tyrone team who haven't a forward in kind. I want to see what they are made of and I'm 100% behind them. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rrhf on August 16, 2013, 09:44:21 PM
They say its 57 years since a mayo group won an all Ireland and that was a pipe band surely.  With men like the  o she's, handy andy Moran, and Conor Mortimer having hung up his sun in are mayo equipped with all the guns needed to shoot down the second greatest Kerry team in history, arguably the best Dublin team since heffo and a Tyrone team who haven't a forward in kind.

62 years.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rrhf

Good point.  Sometimes life gives you what you deserve. I have a vision of mayo winning and Inda kenny crying behind the big man as he lifts Sam.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ONeill

There'll be some party. The whole country is behind Mayo. I was back home today and even Tyrone ones were hoping Mayo win as we can all go down and holiday late Sept. Some pressure all the same.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

I've a few Mayo cousins.
Was talking to them at a wedding recently.
They reckon it's in the bag.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

We not going to even bother collecting Sam if we ever do win, the GAA will probably award it to Galway later anyways. They have done it before. Mayo the real victimised county.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rrhf on August 16, 2013, 09:44:21 PM
They say its 57 years since a mayo group won an all Ireland and that was a pipe band surely.  With men like the  o she's, handy andy Moran, and Conor Mortimer having hung up his sun in are mayo equipped with all the guns needed to shoot down the second greatest Kerry team in history, arguably the best Dublin team since heffo and a struggling pish poor Tyrone team who haven't a forward in kind. I want to see what they are made of and I'm 100% behind them.

Ya know what kid, I don't believe you one bit.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Jinxy on August 16, 2013, 10:36:19 PM
I've a few Mayo cousins.
Was talking to them at a wedding recently.
They reckon it's in the bag.
pickin the bag its in is the tricky bit
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

anglocelt39

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

BennyHarp

This may be a little premature but 3 in a row is looking like a distinct possibility!
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2013, 11:17:19 PM
This may be a little premature but 3 in a row is looking like a distinct possibility!

Which one?

3 Connacht in a row!

Knocking the All-Ireland Champions out 3 times in a row!

BennyHarp

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 16, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

Which one?

3 Connacht in a row!

I'd say this team could do it all.
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2013, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 16, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

Which one?

3 Connacht in a row!

I'd say this team could do it all.

A sure enjoy this video lads, lovely goal by Colm Boyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwxXpsaWrN0

orangeman

Will Horan lift the cup with the captain ?

I hear the past losing teams have all been pre allocated 4 lower Hogans for the final near to where they're going to receive Sam and the bishop of Mayo has blessed all the players individually and they've extended the City Wesht for the weekend.

Jesus but it'll be great to see the Mayo men lift the cup.

Liam mc Hale and Marty Morrissey are commentating on the day and Billy Joe is going in for the throw in.