So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: thebigfella on August 28, 2013, 01:49:45 PM
Have you nothing to go sneer at or overact with faux outrage? Certainly the old solution architecture must be slow these days.

Snark aside, I'm curious as to why you are so certain it is photoshopped. Seems like more hassle than just staging the photo, but I could be wrong.

take_yer_points

Quote from: deiseach on August 28, 2013, 01:55:30 PM
Have you nothing to go sneer at or overact with faux outrage? Certainly the old solution architecture must be slow these days.

Snark aside, I'm curious as to why you are so certain it is photoshopped. Seems like more hassle than just staging the photo, but I could be wrong.

I've read in a few places it was taken at a fancy dress competition...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402631/Parents-dress-kids-Peru-Two-drug-mules-village-fete.html

The picture, which has been posted online, was taken at the weekend on the village green in Strangford, Co Down, Northern Ireland, about 20 miles south east of Belfast, reportedly during the village summer festival. In the background parents and children surround a bouncy castle and other games.

johnneycool

Jez,
that's strangford alright, you can just see the side of the ferry terminal on the top left of the picture..

Cold tea

Quote from: Cold tea on August 28, 2013, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on August 28, 2013, 10:55:44 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 26, 2013, 11:52:20 AM
It's photo shopped FFS ::)

What is photoshopped about it?

Now now he knows his stuff.

And your empire must be going down the pan, with you being able to devote so much time to making a dick of yourself on here.

Nally Stand

Theres a second photo of them at the same event, taken indoors, in todays Irish News. Photoshopped too no doubt  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 28, 2013, 02:58:42 PM
Theres a second photo of them at the same event, taken indoors, in todays Irish News. Photoshopped too no doubt  ::)

A photoshopping spree!
MWWSI 2017

muppet

The dealer is an interesting looking character.

O'Neill, he seems to have his eye on you for some reason.
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

Looking at that picture of that mad looking fellow what's the notice behind him?

Please do ............toilet

Hereiam

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

No1

Quote from: johnneycool on August 28, 2013, 02:36:14 PM
Jez,
that's strangford alright, you can just see the side of the ferry terminal on the top left of the picture..

Tis indeed JC, I'd know the fella in the background right and well!! You've asked me about the kids Dad before on here.

It's extremely annoying to read people giving out and taking the moral high ground when they have no idea about these two kids or their family. Their Dad didn't post the picture online and he sure as f*ck had no idea it would have gotten this much publicity.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 26, 2013, 04:56:20 PM
I've deleted the post life's too short for this stuff. Our minors have a championship match tonight that's more important to me at the moment

LOL, the tears, the huffing because nobody agrees with you.

The picture of the 2 wee ones dressed as the Peru 2 was hilarious.  What didnt you find funny about the picture?  They looked excatly like the Peru 2..only they where small....lol.  Also, they are promoting a say no to drugs attitude, whats wrong with that? 

Dougal Maguire

I must admit I was shocked at the lack of compassion shown by many here at the plight of the Peru 2. I'm particularly surprised by the attitude of a number of posters who have indicated that they have young daughters themselves.

Its fair enough to say, from the pictures of Michaella McCollum that were taken in Ibiza, that she wasn't spending her time there trying to set up  a new branch of the Legion of Mary, but neither does she appear to display the type of previous 'form' that would gain her admission to the McCarthy - Dundon Gang. She has, for whatever reason, found herself in a nightmare position in a foreign country, looking as guilty as a puppy beside a pile of poo, and facing the prospect of a long stretch in chokey. OK, regardless of the circumstances, she found herself part of a chain which brings misery and death to many people, but I was at a funeral on Saturday of a 53 year old guy who died of alcoholism and it could equally be argued that those who supplied him with drink heaped as much misery on him and his family as those involved in the lower echelons of the cocaine trade. The only differences are that those supplying him with drink weren't doing so under the alleged threat of death etc, as the Peru  2 suggest they were and drink is legal and coke is not, but it could be argued that it's the end result in many respects that counts.

Many of you have indicated that you wouldn't expect your daughters, with their upbringing, to get involved in something like this. Bottom line is that none of us have a notion how our children will turn out. But as a parent of older children I can tell you this, if you're solely relying on your good parenting to help keep your kids on the straight and narrow you're all seriously deluded.  I'm sure the parents of 'That Slane Girl' thought the same when their young daughter headed off to the M&M gig. There are so many other influences which are totally outside our control, which have the potential to have a much bigger impact on our kids, as they develop, than parental guidance.  The influence of clever and manipulative bullies, for instance, who can prey on less street wise kids when they move from primary school ( my Wife who is a teacher has numerous examples of this happening) and the nightmare scenario of the boyfriend from hell are just 2 things that can leave parents tearing their hair out and wondering what to do. And I can assure you that when either of these things happen parental advice is about number 20 in the list of influences that can change the position for the better and number 1 in the list of things that can exacerbate it

Its no skin off my nose if those  girls get 2 months, 2 years or 20 years but I'm not going to gloat over their tragic situation, because, as a parent who has tried to bring up his kids well, and thank God things have gone well so far, I don't know what's round the corner for me or my family. Finally I really don't give 2 shites whether you or anyone else here agrees with me or not. And finally finally our Minors won on Monday night

Careful now