So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I watched the show on Sunday night and at the start I probably felt some sympathy for her as I imagined it would have been hell for her in that jail the past 2 years.
However, like so many others I was probably stunned by her glamorous look, big white smile and blonde hair.
My immediate reaction was is she putting herself back in the modelling shop window here. Is she using the media's frenzy over her story to get publicity and get her life back on track? Was it OK for her to do that as she's a very strong person or does it look like she has no real remorse for what she had done.

I think it's human nature (at least here in Ireland) to expect her to look like she had suffered and look like a beaten woman and not be looking like a glamorous young woman who looked even better than she did when she went to Peru. That bun has a lot to answer for.

I suppose the look, the answer to the easy questions, the lack of any sign of hardship or talk of the jail (which may be forced). probably caused a lot of viewers to think this lady is rather false and even though she's talking about being naive, stupid and sorry she hurt so many people, I think a lot of people including myself just didn't believe her. Now she's meant to be helping HIV patients with the assistance of the Arch Bishop out there which in itself is great but there seems to be a feeling of lack of integrity with this girl and her actions and that's it's all for show.
Whether that's our negative Irish outlook or not it's hard to say but I think the main concern for most people is that they do not want to see her benefiting in any way from the whole drug smuggling process, either her or her family.

I think it would have been better if they had of waited a while before doing any interviews and let the dust settle. For a lot of people they see her family over there with her now almost in holiday mood whilst it's not long ago since they were begging us for money for her appeal.

armaghniac

Quote from: AQMP on April 07, 2016, 09:29:42 AM
Turns out Michaella is a bit of a Provie!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/michaella-mccollums-facebook-posts-hailing-dead-ira-men-asheroes-34606433.html

Not every young person will be foolish enough to go to Peru and get arrested. A large proportion will be foolish enough to put bollix on Facebook of which they will be reminded some time later.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

longballin

Suzanne Breen seems very bitter and vicious about McCollum on radio the other morning whatever that is about.

WT4E

Unbelievable!!!!!

Shock!!!

A young nationalist person has sympathy for local men and women murdered by the so called Bristish security forces. Its bad when the Belfast Telegraph are rolling out their republican sources! lol

AZOffaly

The indo are really sticking the knife in. Some of their reporting borders on the scandalous.

mikehunt

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 07, 2016, 10:37:56 AM
The indo are really sticking the knife in. Some of their reporting borders on the scandalous.

They usually save that kind of witch hunt for Sinn Fein. I'm sure they're furiously searching for even the tiniest of links between them.

AZOffaly

sure they have it now with the IRA facebook post.

mikehunt

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 07, 2016, 11:49:34 AM
sure they have it now with the IRA facebook post.

They'll blame Sinn Fein for the actual trafficking in tomorrow's paper.

AZOffaly

general_lee

Jesus wept. I don't know what's worse - BT trawling through her Facebook account or actually seeking (and recieving) comment from Unionist politicians. Obviously with an election coming up ill be expecting mccollum to be revealed as oc of the ibiza brigade

Ethan Tremblay

Laughable that article, as already mentioned a nationalist supporting the IRA is hardly breaking news, getting unionist to voice their opinion on it is even worse.  More to the point why interview politicians at all?

Some boy trying to put in his 40 hours at the BT me thinks!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Jeepers Creepers

Tony Baloney

Scraping social media accounts is where the BT gets must of it journalistic material. A rag.