The real story in Croke Park on Saturday missed by all and sundry

Started by T Fearon, August 05, 2013, 07:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Forget the stage-managed outburst by a self publicist who has skilfully managed to be the talk of the country 48 hours later,what about the booing in unison of over 70,000 people in Croke Park on Saturday when the Taoiseach seated in the Hogan Stand,appeared momentarily on the big screen.

If this is the view of a fellow Gael,the son on an All Ireland winner,then I shudder to think what the view of the non GAA populace is! :-\

SouthDublinBro

Beantown

Never mind that.. There were no chips/fries on sale in the Upper Cusack on Saturday... At least not before Tyrone v Monaghan... Must have been saving them all for the Dubs...

Now that's the real story of the weekend!!

CD

I laughed my nuts off when his slightly pensive face appeared and the hill booed! Hilarious and the hill were brilliant as usual
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Wildweasel74

So says the guy who spends half his time writing letters into the Irish News / Telegraph

squire_in_navy_slacks

An utter bollox like Bertie

In fairness how many of the current Mayo panel have the rugged jaw and sweeping hair of INDA

whitey

Enda was a fine corner forward on the Islandeady Junior B team back in the day. If anyone looked sideways at Poor oul Enda, they'd have the Horse Sweeney to answer to

Leo

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2013, 09:41:54 PM
An utter bollox like Bertie

In fairness how many of the current Mayo panel have the rugged jaw and sweeping hair of INDA

Anyone who likens Kenny to Bertie is a total tool. And how many of the 70,000 booed may require some smarter analysis than the previous poster appears to heave exercised.
I live in this country, I am suffering the pain, as are most of my family,  but I know who caused it from the two fore mentioned leaders - and he was not from Mayo.
We are a blinkered nation, and our urge to follow the mob is disturbing and pathetic.
Fierce tame altogether

Bod Mor

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

heffo

Quote from: Bod Mor on August 06, 2013, 02:38:28 AM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 05, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
No-one likes Enda Kenny. Only Mayo people.
Are ya sure about that?

I've no animosity towards him - has a very difficult job to do that he inherited.

Bertie who still sits in Ard Comhairle for every Dubs game should be the target of the boos, not our current Taoiseach.

Crete Boom

I Know it's like Lucinda Creighton and Pat Rabbitte two more terrible Mayo TD's who wouldn't be in the Dail only of for Mayo hillbillies with the vote !!
Oh no wait I think maybe some south Dublin people might have managed to get them in some how ::)

rosnarun

Quote from: heffo on August 06, 2013, 08:38:25 AM
Are ya sure about that?

I've no animosity towards him - has a very difficult job to do that he inherited.

Bertie who still sits in Ard Comhairle for every Dubs game should be the target of the boos, not our current Taoiseach.
Berties only 'Crime' was to raise peole expectation . something Edna could never be accused of doing
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on August 06, 2013, 02:11:20 PM
Are ya sure about that?

Berties only 'Crime' was to raise peole expectation . something Edna could never be accused of doing

+1
Dead right on both counts. :D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: rosnarun on August 06, 2013, 02:11:20 PM
Are ya sure about that?

Berties only 'Crime' was to raise peole expectation .
And p1ss away a couple of hundred billion in the process...