Aidan O'Shea

Started by Hardy, August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthDublinBro

I'd select MacAuley over either of the O'Shea's in a heartbeat.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 06, 2013, 06:07:30 PM

Fair enough.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Wildweasel74

Down through the years Mayo has produced alot of good county midfilders

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 06, 2013, 06:07:30 PM

Well you'd have to The O'Sheas are not eligible to play for Dublin! :P

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2013, 07:13:18 PM

Aye.

yellowcard

I remember seeing O Shea in an AI minor final defeat against Tyrone (think it went to a replay) and he was the standout player on the pitch in both games. However this was largely due to his size and direct running. His progress had been slow coming out of minor (or at least I never noticed him much) but he seems to have trimmed down a lot in the last year or two and looks more mobile now than he did when he first arrived on the scene. It really was an exceptional performance by him on Sunday, but he will find it harder to dominate in the air in the next 2 games particularly since Tyrone and Dublin don't like belting the ball out long to midfield catchers.

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2013, 07:13:18 PM

A magnificent exhibition of midfield play by Aidan O'Shea last Sunday.  I'm sure it will stick in the minds of Mayo supporters, indeed all gaelic football fans, for years to come. Willie Joe Padden is remembered with great fondness for such displays.

redhandluke

What do O'Shea score on Sunday??? 0-0  :o
Yes he had a good game, but to say it was "Possibly the best individual performance I've ever seen in Croke Park" - I suggest Hardy you should get out a bit more.

I can suggest two better performances of the top of my head, Cavanagh against Meath and Cavanagh  against Monaghan in the past two weeks alone.  Or Canavan scoring 0-11 against Dublin in 95 AIF.

Syferus

Quote from: redhandluke on August 07, 2013, 12:40:48 AM
Yes he had a good game, but to say it was "Possibly the best individual performance I've ever seen in Croke Park" - I suggest Hardy you should get out a bit more.

I can suggest two better performances of the top of my head, Cavanagh against Meath and Cavanagh  against Monaghan in the past two weeks alone.  Or Canavan scoring 0-11 against Dublin in 95 AIF.

Any non-Tyrone players do any good?

Lar Naparka

It's your opinion and you are entitled to have it but I haven't come across any other individual yet, on two legs or four, who agrees with you. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 07, 2013, 01:00:06 AM

It's your opinion and you are entitled to have it but I haven't come across any other individual yet, on two legs or four, who agrees with you. ;D

Ros hater.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2013, 01:02:53 AM

Ros hater.
Honestly, didn't mean it that way. Actually, I was thinking of a particular jackass (not Enda Kenny) at the time. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 07, 2013, 01:06:12 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2013, 01:02:53 AM

Ros hater.
Honestly, didn't mean it that way. Actually, I was thinking of a particular jackass (not Enda Kenny) at the time. ;D

Enda doesn't look happy about the implication.

Jell 0 Biafra

Obviously when people are raving about AOS, they mean to say "Not counting every midfield performance ever by every Tyrone player, this was the best midfield performance at Croke Park."  It's just that's a bit much to type every time.

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
I remember seeing O Shea in an AI minor final defeat against Tyrone (think it went to a replay) and he was the standout player on the pitch in both games. However this was largely due to his size and direct running. His progress had been slow coming out of minor (or at least I never noticed him much) but he seems to have trimmed down a lot in the last year or two and looks more mobile now than he did when he first arrived on the scene. It really was an exceptional performance by him on Sunday, but he will find it harder to dominate in the air in the next 2 games particularly since Tyrone and Dublin don't like belting the ball out long to midfield catchers.

Most would have seen Kyle Coney as the stand out player.

As for the weekend, he played well but Cavanaghs play from midfield over the past 2 weeks has been unbelievable.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'