Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Was very impressed with Mayo's strength and speed which was always going to wear down tyrone I thought.

Very unimpressed with the ref, I am reminded of an old saying, to paraphrase, for our friends we interpret the law for others we enforce it. Mayo got the benefit of the doubt throughout. Typified for me by the sequence of events between Donal Vaughan's booking and his withdrawal, He rugby tackled a supporting runner causing the linesman to enter the field flagging then communicate with Deegan by radio who had a look in his book and decided not to issue a second yellow.  Horan had him off the pitch within 30 seconds.
Don't Panic

Main Street

Quote from: trileacman on August 27, 2013, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 27, 2013, 10:57:24 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 26, 2013, 06:28:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
I thought Tyronies use to loudly boo at Peter Harte, now he's a vital top 3 player?

Huh? Peter Harte has never been booed, are you thinking of Mark Harte?
It's hard to tell, all you Tyronies look the same.

According to media reports at the time, there use to be some amount of booing  by a sizable nr of Tyrone supporters against a player called Harte.
The booing was an issue and I remember Mickey Harte on a number of occasions speaking out against those morons.

But maybe that chapter has been wiped out of Tyrone history. :)
Maybe Harte organised the booing himself. Maybe Mickey was just deflecting attention away from a poor result.
Who can tell where the truth lies in Tyrone, ye guys just make up stories to put a suit on a denial and cling to it for dear life, no matter how absurd it appears to sensible folk. :)
You're talking through your hole.
Well Trileaceman, you have managed the very difficult, to make Tyronies appear even more clueless and defensive.
FosB's memory was more accurate when he mentioned Mark Harte.
It was indeed Mark who was the target of Tyrone boo boys and not Peter Harte, causing Mickey Harte to publically condemn those morons.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/GAA%3A+BOO+BOYS+HAVE+GOT+NO+HARTE.-a0130763084

I do unreservedly apologise for confusing one Harte with another.

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on August 27, 2013, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 27, 2013, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 27, 2013, 10:57:24 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 26, 2013, 06:28:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
I thought Tyronies use to loudly boo at Peter Harte, now he's a vital top 3 player?

Huh? Peter Harte has never been booed, are you thinking of Mark Harte?
It's hard to tell, all you Tyronies look the same.

According to media reports at the time, there use to be some amount of booing  by a sizable nr of Tyrone supporters against a player called Harte.
The booing was an issue and I remember Mickey Harte on a number of occasions speaking out against those morons.

But maybe that chapter has been wiped out of Tyrone history. :)
Maybe Harte organised the booing himself. Maybe Mickey was just deflecting attention away from a poor result.
Who can tell where the truth lies in Tyrone, ye guys just make up stories to put a suit on a denial and cling to it for dear life, no matter how absurd it appears to sensible folk. :)
You're talking through your hole.
Well Trileaceman, you have managed the very difficult, to make Tyronies appear even more clueless and defensive.
FosB's memory was more accurate when he mentioned Mark Harte.
It was indeed Mark who was the target of Tyrone boo boys and not Peter Harte, causing Mickey Harte to publically condemn those morons.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/GAA%3A+BOO+BOYS+HAVE+GOT+NO+HARTE.-a0130763084

I do unreservedly apologise for confusing one Harte with another.
What's that? You were wrong? Sorry tis hard to make out from your windy preamble.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

Quote from: trileacman on August 27, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

What's that? You were wrong? Sorry tis hard to make out from your windy preamble.
That would be an interpretation of sorts, regardless of how difficult it was for you to master a few lines in a post, congratulations I suppose.
Tyronies boo a Harte and it turns out to be the wrong Harte.

Go back to rattling your empty vessel ;D

muppet

I have watched the injury to Cillian O'Connor a number of times.

O'Connor gave himself the advantage from the kick-out by knocking the ball down to himself with his marker behind him. The injury is caused by Conor Gormley pulling Cillian's left arm back in a direction that would be awkward given the direction that O'Connor was moving. It was also compounded by whatever underlying state O'Connor's shoulder was in. I'll leave than to the experts. The pull lasted barely a second and in fairness to Gormley looked more instinctive than anything else.

However it was a definite free and resulted in us losing the player. Tyrone scored immediately from Gormley picking up the (now) lose ball.

it is at 11:17 on here: http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10193065/
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

O'Connor gave himself the advantage from the kick-out by knocking the ball down to himself with his marker behind him. The injury is caused by Conor Gormley pulling Cillian's left arm back in a direction that would be awkward given the direction that O'Connor was moving. It was also compounded by whatever underlying state O'Connor's shoulder was in. I'll leave than to the experts. The pull lasted barely a second and in fairness to Gormley looked more instinctive than anything else.

However it was a definite free and resulted in us losing the player. Tyrone scored immediately from Gormley picking up the (now) lose ball.

Spot on, but sure we are Mayo, we will keep calm and carry on.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rodman

Wasn't even close to being a free. Hope you aren't a free!

BennyHarp

Watch the incident that led to that kick out! Cillian o'Connor appeared to injure his shoulder in the incident that led to the free approx 8 mins into the game. He was running along the endline being tackled by Joe McMahon and Mark Donnelly. Donnelly tries to push him out of play and he lands on his shoulder - a free is given. The resultant kick out led to the Gormley incident.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2013, 07:24:57 PM

Watch the incident that led to that kick out! Cillian o'Connor appeared to injure his shoulder in the incident that led to the free approx 8 mins into the game. He was running along the endline being tackled by Joe McMahon and Mark Donnelly. Donnelly tries to push him out of play and he lands on his shoulder - a free is given. The resultant kick out led to the Gormley incident.

I agree and don't dispute any of that. I noticed at the time how slow he was to get up.
MWWSI 2017

bucko

While no fan of Gormley, he would have contested the exact same way regardless of who the player was. It was shit bad luck that it happened to be O'Connor. I think the damage was done before that when McMahon fouled O'Connor out over the end line for which a free was given. O'Connor landed on the bad shoulder and got up fairly gingerly after it. I'm not saying McMahon targeted O'Connor deliberately, just that it was unfortunate how he landed after the foul.
A few slightly worrying aspects from watching the match again on TV. While Tyrone set up and started well, succeeded in frustrating us, the first half performance of some Mayo players was concerning. Caff, McLoughlin and O'Shea gave ball away under no pressure on several occasions. McLoughlin, especially played the worst half of football he has ever played. Cafferkey got caught out for about 3 early points as well as giving a pass away which ended up being a pointed free to Tyrone. O'Shea also kicked a bad pass out of defence which resulted in a Tyrone score, as well as getting frustrated with being crowded out of the game early on. All three improved in the 2nd half, but it just worries me whether it was a result of the early pressure Tyrone applied or a sign that we haven't completely shaken off the slow start-itis that has afflicted us at one stage or another over the last 12-18 months, especially considering how important these 3 players are to our overall game.
I really hope Freeman continues his upward graph. He has improved bit by bit in every championship and is obviously riding a wave of confidence. His 2nd half point from play was first class, winning the ball then almost pirouetting to turn Gormley and swing it over. Credit too to Alan Dillon, who I feel has been getting a lot of unfair criticism this summer. Kicked 2 points, the first of which was excellent, provided a fantastic kick pass for Freeman's point and won some of the breaks the 2nd quarter that helped build our momentum in that period. Conroy was great when he came on, looked razor sharp for his first competitive appearance of the summer and must definitely be in contention to start the final. Andy unfortunately just can't seem to find some of his 2011 form, with Cillian more than likely missing it would be a great boost if he could. Seamie O'Shea definitely eclipsed his brother, IMO he is actually faster on the ball than Aidan. Boyle, Keegan, Barrett, Cunniffe and Higgins (when he eventually got going) were very good. The ability of these guys defensively and offensively is impressive and huge part of our game. I firmly believe we can improve on the poor aspects of Sundays performance ie shot selection, wides. Just hope that the lethargy of our first half performance was a once off.

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on August 27, 2013, 11:24:21 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 27, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

That would be an interpretation of sorts, regardless of how difficult it was for you to master a few lines in a post, congratulations I suppose.
Tyronies boo a Harte and it turns out to be the wrong Harte.

Go back to rattling your empty vessel ;D
There's no interpretation, you were wrong. End of.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

orangeman

Pat Doherty Croke park appointments and the bound Pat MC Enaney reckon Deegan is having a great season and was spot on on Sunday with the penalty etc.

So Mayo and Tyrone supporters will have to revise their views on his performance.

Pat reckons television replays show Deegan was right to award the penalty.

There's no point arguing with Pat - he's the referee, sorry he's the head of referees now and there's no point arguing with him cos he won't change his mind.

whitey

I've watched it 20 times and still can't tell definitively

If he got if wrong, it's wrong by an inch

The foul began on the line but it he was definitely inside by the time he was put to ground. 

Look at it closely, it was the hip check the put him down not the initial attempt at a push

rrhf

Yeah 'twas the use of the hip done the business on petie Harte as well

Bod Mor

Quote from: rrhf on August 29, 2013, 06:39:24 AM
Yeah 'twas the use of the hip done the business on petie Harte as well
Ah look here, are ye seriously still going on about this? Have you ever played football?? No way in hell is a ref going to give a free for that. It was shoulder to shoulder, fair and square.
Harte came off worse because he didn't enter the tackle with the intensity that Cunnife did. What do you expect, Cunnife to allow Harte stroll in on goal? He did his job and fair f&$@s to him for doing so. If he pulled out of that challenge he would be hauled off straight away. Cunnife set the tone for the rest of the game, Mayo weren't going to lie down and were going to battle for every dingle ball. His team-mates would have been inspired by that challenge.
You know as well as I do the difference between that and what Penrose did against Monaghan. If ya cant take good clean football then you're following the wrong sport.

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.