Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2013, 12:25:18 AM
I SAY BOOM BOOM BOOM, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT MAYO, MAYOOOO!

You would want to ease yourself into the Mayo support Hardstation, can you handle the pain?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ballinaman

Hardstation was aboard the Donegal gravy train last year, we'll take any omen we can get!! Welcome aboard!

ross matt

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2013, 11:37:01 PM
Quote from: Bensars on August 25, 2013, 11:33:07 PM
Well done Mayo. Better side end of. Good luck in final.

However,

What was amazing was the complete omission of any viewpoint on Aiden o Sheas throat grab and subsequent cheating whereby he went down holding his face, when replays showed Packie mc Connell made no contact anywhere near his face ?

The previous week it was cynicism, coached at underage levels, permeating down to u-16 levels and a total blight on what was good in the game!

I find it totally incredulous that this incident should go unchallenged and totally hypocritical two weeks later upon previously whereby it was a total affront to western society that resulted in deformation of an individuals character!

You seemed to miss Pascal McConnell's third man attack of Aidan and he didn't even get booked.

O'Se made a tool of himself in that incident. But McConnell also was at fault for getting involved. However Tyrone can never expect to hold the high moral ground in these type of situations.

Bensars

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 12:24:41 AM
Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2013, 12:21:47 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 12:16:35 AM
Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2013, 12:10:11 AM
So what's your verdict on his double hand face holding exercise?

Missile from the crowd?

You can butter it whatever way you like, but O'Shea is a cheat ! And the 3 monkeys in the studio were afraid to go near it following Brolly's  tirade on cavanagh previously!

Hypocrisy !

You cannot point out O'Shea actions and ignore Mc'Connell's actions. Pascal could have walked the line never mind not even getting a yellow card.

Yet again you fail to comment on the cowardly act from O'Shea, holding his face with both hands when in fact no contact was made near that region!

You can butter it whatever you want but O'Shea is a cheat !

You fail to comment on the cowardly act of McConnell.

No problem commenting at all. Silly and could have been booked.

However what I find incredulous is this total ignorance to O Sheas antics that 2 weeks ago were a blight on the game. Cavanagh was crucified for fouling a player to stop a goal.

While o Shea goes down feigning an injury to face and no comment whatsoever?

Lets call a spade a spade, O Shea cheated big style and the camera caught him at it!

ONeill

Deegan had a bad, bad game. He reffed arrogantly.

The 2 bounces for Mayo's first point of the second half stank of ineptitude. The penalty was incorrect. But he was equally harsh on Mayo. Their goal should have stood.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman

Unsung heroes of the day BTW...
1. Cunniffe
2.Barrett
3.Carolan

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2013, 12:27:09 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 12:26:16 AM

You would want to ease yourself into the Mayo support Hardstation, can you handle the pain?
I have supported Antrim my whole life...

Not as many false dawns I would suggest.

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on August 26, 2013, 12:24:18 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2013, 12:20:02 AM
Well done Mayo. No complaints. Great supporters.

I thought they'd win by 6.

However - a wee chink in the armour. Best to see that now I suppose.
Right back at ye, had a great chat with a lad from Dermot Carlin's club on the way up Clonliffe road, a gentleman.

I had a chat with a Mayo wan who never was at Croke Park before and wanted to know where the Hill was, whether the 'senior or minor' game was on first and during each game how long each one was going to be.

At least she had a little lad decked out in Rhubarb regalia but, still.

Oh, I did get a wink from St. Pat though, so that was good.

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

The 2 bounces for Mayo's first point of the second half stank of ineptitude. The penalty was incorrect. But he was equally harsh on Mayo. Their goal should have stood.
100%
He reminded me of Uriah Rennie, I was expecting him to send O'Shea or Sean Cavanagh off for the publicity to be honest during the game.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2013, 12:32:45 AM

To be fair, he blew the whistle long before it was a goal scoring opportunity. He couldn't just say "I didn't blow there lads".

He was wrong to blow it. That was my point. What did he blow for?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Did Joe not stop tackling and look towards the ref when he heard the whistle? He half heartedly kept a tackle going but he was clearly looking at the ref as he had heard the whistle. There was no guarantee that a goal would have been scored had the whistle not gone.
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

Well done Mayo. From after the first twenty they were a long way the better team. Tyrone did well to put it up to them and they did much better this year than could have been expected. Hope Mayo can go on and put the bogey to rest. Mayo for Sam!

P.S. must say I find it very funny to read Tyrone supporters complaining about Aidan O'Shea. Sure none of their players ever took a dive or feigned injury to get an opposition player booked or sent off!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2013, 12:29:37 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 12:24:41 AM
Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2013, 12:21:47 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 12:16:35 AM
Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2013, 12:10:11 AM
So what's your verdict on his double hand face holding exercise?

Missile from the crowd?

You can butter it whatever way you like, but O'Shea is a cheat ! And the 3 monkeys in the studio were afraid to go near it following Brolly's  tirade on cavanagh previously!

Hypocrisy !

You cannot point out O'Shea actions and ignore Mc'Connell's actions. Pascal could have walked the line never mind not even getting a yellow card.

Yet again you fail to comment on the cowardly act from O'Shea, holding his face with both hands when in fact no contact was made near that region!

You can butter it whatever you want but O'Shea is a cheat !

You fail to comment on the cowardly act of McConnell.

No problem commenting at all. Silly and could have been booked.

However what I find incredulous is this total ignorance to O Sheas antics that 2 weeks ago were a blight on the game. Cavanagh was crucified for fouling a player to stop a goal.

While o Shea goes down feigning an injury to face and no comment whatsoever?

Lets call a spade a spade, O Shea cheated big style and the camera caught him at it!

O'Shea got booked and therefore received his punishment, Mc'Connell should receive a punishment from the CCC, but as with teams who lose he will probably get away with it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Throw ball on August 26, 2013, 12:36:14 AM
Well done Mayo. From after the first twenty they were a long way the better team. Tyrone did well to put it up to them and they did much better this year than could have been expected. Hope Mayo can go on and put the bogey to rest. Mayo for Sam!

P.S. much say I find it very funny to read Tyrone supporters complaining about Aidan O'Shea. Sure none of their players ever took a dive or feigned injury to get an opposition player booked or sent off!
[/b]

Yes and the Tyrone players (quite rightly) get hauled over the coals for it - I think that's the point though, there's hardly a mention of these incidents when it happens elsewhere.
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2013, 12:20:55 AM
Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2013, 12:06:52 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 25, 2013, 11:55:39 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 25, 2013, 11:50:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2013, 11:31:36 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 25, 2013, 11:29:50 PM
Not even related to a penalty. You don't know what a foot block is if you think it was a free.
You don't know what a free is if you think that was a legitimate block.

I clearly do but you don't. It isn't even a debate though you've yourself convinced something happened which didn't.

5.22 To block or attempt to block with the boot when an opponent is kicking the ball from the hand(s).

That's the actual rule - did the player block or attempt to block with his foot? How on earth can you say he didn't?

There's no mention of endangering the kicker or any distances or no mention of Zulu's honest opinion in the rule book either as far as I can see.

So if you kick the ball and I block  it with my foot 20 yards away, you get a free?

Well the rule is there and it's pretty clear. You implied that you knew the rule and you clearly don't, bringing your own interpretation of endangering the player and safe distances. The Mayo defender (cant remember who it was now) would never have been able to block the ball with his hands so he attempted to block it with his foot - that's not allowed so it was definitely a free kick (penalty). This prevented a clear goalscoring opportunity. In fact, according to the rule book the player should have been cautioned too.

So you can't answer the question? I'm afraid you don't understand the rule even partially. Grasping at straws trying to claim that was a penalty and a booking are you having a laugh??