Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Did Brolly lose the plot about Donie Vaughan cynically taking down Ciaran McGinley today?
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

Yep, Deegan was useless and the minor ref was worse. They'll have it as a non-contact game if they're not careful.

sam03/05

Quote from: Zulu on August 25, 2013, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on August 25, 2013, 10:05:20 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 25, 2013, 09:52:23 PM
Quote from: under the bar on August 25, 2013, 09:48:19 PM
Looks like BCB quite enjoyed watching Peter Harte getting injured! ::)

f**k up you ye p***k. I said it was a great example of the shoulder charge and that is by both players. I never said anything about enjoying seeing a lad injured. You really are an idiot.

you can only shoulder to shoulder tackle if the player is in posession, Peter Harte was not in posession.

It would have been a great shoulder if Harte had been in possession of the ball, but it was about two meters away, so it should have been a yellow card.

Utter nonsense, a perfect challenge in a physical game. The exact kind of physicality we want in the game.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on August 25, 2013, 10:15:01 PM
Yep, Deegan was useless and the minor ref was worse. They'll have it as a non-contact game if they're not careful.

That's the way it's going Zulu.

Nothing can arrest that march.

Some of the "frees" today we're incredibly soft.

Rodman

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2013, 10:24:10 PM
I thought Deegan was very hard on Tyrone to the point that it could have been game-changing. That said, Tyrone offered fcuk all after the great start and can't really complain that much. Mayo's fans are probably the soundest bunch you'll meet too and I hope they do it. A young lad (about 9) was in front of me today with his granda. The granda was a bit of an eejit but not too out of order. Anytime he stood up screaming, the wee lad grabbed him and said "Shut yer f**king gob, everyone is here to watch the match"...."You'll get the whole of Croke Park started, now give over".........."Don't start that shite"......"The match lasts 70 minutes, it's far from won now sit down". I was in stitches laughing. The language out of the wee buck was like a docker.

Deegan really had a shocker.
1. Mayo's 1st point - was never a foul by McMahon
2. Mayo's 2nd point - was never a foul on O'Connor
3. Mayo disallowed goal. Was not a free by Gormley so was a good goal
4. Ends Varley point - a double bounce shortly before it
5. Mayo penalty - outside the box and maybe not even a free
6. Free against Cavanagh in 2nd half for a text book tackle.
6. Inconsistent with yellow cards

And that's just off the top of my head.
Mayo were deserved winners but allot of the big calls went against Tyrone. But fair play to Mayo. They were tested and came through with flying colours.

Whishtup

Well done Mayo-Really Enjoyable game.  Pity to lose the players on both teams in the first half but this affected Tyrone moreso than Mayo as the Tyrone's first team is that better than their subs, whereas Mayo's squad is an equally impressive unit.  I feel that had Tyrone not lost Harte and O'Neill, we'd have been in with a shout.  Some of Deegan's decisions at crucial times were poor.  The most frustrating for me were the (non)penalty, and McAliskey being brought back for a free in when through on goal.  That's six points, never mind the soft frees in the first half.  This would have been a real nail biter-right down to the last minute, had it been reffed properly. 
           Disappointed that Tyrone went so defensive after half time-this actually drew Mayo into the game-a mistake that cost us the game.  Tyrone forwards need to show more for the ball.  The last ten minutes, they were standing on each other's toes in front of the Mayo goalkeeper waiting for the ball-need to learn how to make space, a la Stevie. 
          For Mayo-a warning shot across the brow.       

orangeman

Mayo were deserving winners and were by far the better team from about 25 minutes onwards.

Mayo didn't need Deegan to give them a hand to bate Tyrone but thst's exactly what he did.

Not often the Sunday Game highlight it as graphically and spell it out as clearly as they did.

Harte and Tyrone will feel aggrieved but in truth, Mayo could have won by a lot more. The tide was well turned by the time the Mayo "penalty" was awarded and by the time Tyrone's penalty claim was ignored.

Brolly sowed the seeds and they grew on Deegan. Job done and Tyrone fans will claim rightly or wrongly that RTE's blushes have been saved.

orangeman

When is a foot block not a foot block ?

Can anyone familiar with the rules clear this one up ?

rrhf

Congratulations mayo now don't waste your chance and just go and win the old thing.  The net result of brolly s tirade was a carelessly refereeing performance  heavily biased against Tyrone.  Sad but he kept mayo in the game till they found their feet. But it doesn't matter now.  I just don't think another referee would perform like that come final time, so mayo still need to learn better to come into games. With a different ref the game might be over by the time they click. Fair play to their long suffering fans they deserve joy

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2013, 10:46:32 PM

I found this

"5.17 To block or attempt to block with the boot
when an opponent is kicking the ball from the
hand(s)."

Somebody else clarified that it has to be deemed dangerous play.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2013, 10:57:25 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2013, 10:55:20 PM

I found this

hand(s)."

My reckoning is just that rule you quoted. You can't stick yer boot out to try and block a kick.

So was Martin Carney right ? It hit the Mayo lad's leg so it was not a foul ? It has to be the boot that makes contact with the ball when you put your boot in the way of the ball ?

It's a bad rule.

brokencrossbar1

I found this

hand(s)."

My reckoning is just that rule you quoted. You can't stick yer boot out to try and block a kick.

Therefore it was a clear foot block. He attempted to block with his foot by stocking his foot out. The fact it hit his shin is incidental going by that rule.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2013, 11:01:34 PM

I found this

hand(s)."

So was Martin Carney right ? It hit the Mayo lad's leg so it was not a foul ? It has to be the boot that makes contact with the ball when you put your boot in the way of the ball ?

It's a bad rule.

It's a daft rule, surely there is a huge difference between a lad using his boot to block a kick from hand from a distance of less than half metre to someone that is 2-3 metres away from the player kicking the ball.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Zulu

cicfada

Not one mention of the ref tonight on the Sunday game . Incredible considering how many calls he did not make and bad calks he did make. They have obviously been told to lay off the refs. Well done to mayo, I just cannot see them losing the final now in any way shape or form!!