Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2013, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 23, 2013, 05:01:47 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2013, 04:45:43 PM
By the way - Donegal weren't 2/7 favourites to beat Tyrone with people talking about the game being over at half time. It's the premature proclamation of greatness of this Mayo team that don't convince me. Also Donegal were the product of a unique manager who had instilled a winning mentality at u21 level - even though they lost by missing a last min pen in the u21 final I'm sure they believed they could have won that game and All Ireland.

Who's proclaiming greatness?? There seems to be an idea on Tryone supporters that if Mayo beat them, then it makes Mayo a "great" team!! Far from it lads. Winning the All Ireland is all that will make this (or any other) team very good - winning 2+ All Irelands is needed to be considered a great team.

Ah FFS read back through this thread

I've read the entire thread and there are many Mayo folk predicting a win for Mayo - and Tyronies interpreting that as proclaiming the greatness of this team. You might want to read what people actually write rather than what you think they mean when they write something.

the Deel Rover

Ah ffs there are feck all Mayo supporters proclaiming greatness jesus us Mayo supporters have been down this road to often before however this year this team has been playing extremely well and deserve to be favourites on Sunday not that it matters a damn when the ball is thrown in . Looking forward to the game always admired  Micky Harte and the tyrone team for what they have achieved and the banter with the tyrone supporters. Let the best team win and please god it will be Mayo if not sure we will support Tyrone in the Final  ;)   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

We're coming to that serious part now where the sham-fighting ceases and we head into battle.

For me, I'm just hoping we force the tempo and play to our strengths. I worry that Mayo are better than we are at every facet, including swarming, dirty ball winning, ball retention, support play, turnovers - all that has served us well these last 2 months. We'll find out. We've played nowhere near the level they played at against Donegal but that's not saying we can't rise to the level needed to defeat what's in front of us - we have every time.

Nightmare - we're blitzed by the real deal. They are as good as we feared and 2-3 years ahead in terms of development. 0-12 3-16
Optimistic - we throw the sink at them and they possess that soft underbelly they're 'famed' for. 0-15 0-13

Veering towards the former but more wrong than right since 1984.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AMayoFan

By the way - Donegal weren't 2/7 favourites to beat Tyrone with people talking about the game being over at half time. It's the premature proclamation of greatness of this Mayo team that don't convince me. Also Donegal were the product of a unique manager who had instilled a winning mentality at u21 level - even though they lost by missing a last min pen in the u21 final I'm sure they believed they could have won that game and All Ireland.

Who's proclaiming greatness?? There seems to be an idea on Tryone supporters that if Mayo beat them, then it makes Mayo a "great" team!! Far from it lads. Winning the All Ireland is all that will make this (or any other) team very good - winning 2+ All Irelands is needed to be considered a great team.

+1

From the Bunker

Quote from: AMayoFan on August 23, 2013, 06:18:40 PM

+1

+1

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2013, 06:58:03 PM

+1

+1

So you need four All-Irelands to be considered a great team, then?

Ye Mayo hoors are really twisting the knife on the Tyroniacs now.

BennyHarp

You Mayo lads are some craic. You spend all week telling us how great ye are and how the game will be over at half time, asking questions like how much ye will win by and what's the best Tyrone can hope for? You proudly prine yourselves as Oisin McConville, Darragh O'Se, our own Emmet predict walk away victories, then now 2 days before the game you are falling over yourselves to tell us that you aren't a great team after all. Make up your mind fellas, is the pressure getting to ye? If this is the doubting attitude permiating through the green and red then no wonder you struggle to win all Ireland's.

But all joking aside now, I genuinely hope this will be a cracker on Sunday. My thoughts are a bit like O'Neills at this stage, I worry about getting a tanking but I also think we can win out if its a tough close battle. Either way I shall be fully supporting whoever wins this game come all Ireland final day.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
We're coming to that serious part now where the sham-fighting ceases and we head into battle.

For me, I'm just hoping we force the tempo and play to our strengths. I worry that Mayo are better than we are at every facet, including swarming, dirty ball winning, ball retention, support play, turnovers - all that has served us well these last 2 months. We'll find out. We've played nowhere near the level they played at against Donegal but that's not saying we can't rise to the level needed to defeat what's in front of us - we have every time.

Nightmare - we're blitzed by the real deal. They are as good as we feared and 2-3 years ahead in terms of development. 0-12 3-16
Optimistic - we throw the sink at them and they possess that soft underbelly they're 'famed' for. 0-15 0-13

Veering towards the former but more wrong than right since 1984.
Galway don't play championship matches in Tuam any more.

Mr. Nakata

I am concerned about Tyrone's free taking. McCurry is accurate from close range on the left...Stevie may take the ones from further out. Sean will take all from the right side. He scores more than he misses but I think on Sunday, all frees need to sailing over the black spot. McAliskey strikes a lovely dead ball, so hopefully he gets the 45s, though Joe scores the odd toe poke. A few early wides will be like a serious boot in the balls. It'll knock the stuffing out of us.

muppet

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 23, 2013, 08:26:39 PM
I am concerned about Tyrone's free taking. McCurry is accurate from close range on the left...Stevie may take the ones from further out. Sean will take all from the right side. He scores more than he misses but I think on Sunday, all frees need to sailing over the black spot. McAliskey strikes a lovely dead ball, so hopefully he gets the 45s, though Joe scores the odd toe poke. A few early wides will be like a serious boot in the balls. It'll knock the stuffing out of us.

I pray that he does.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2013, 07:29:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2013, 06:58:03 PM

+1

+1

So you need four All-Irelands to be considered a great team, then?

Ye Mayo hoors are really twisting the knife on the Tyroniacs now.

:D ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Whishtup

Little more to be said on this game.  Time to chill out before Sunday.  Have to say I've enjoyed the banter with the Mayo ones here.    There's no doubt that Tyrone wanted Mayo more than Dublin or Kerry-too much baggage there.  Likewise Mayo wanted Tyrone as the easier path to the final.  Hopefully that will make for a rip-roaring game-always a privelage to be able to support your county in a semi-final in Croke Park.  May the best team win.

SkillfulBill

Heading to dublin tomorrow and looking forward to see how it all pans out on Sunday.  I think we may just sneak it but if we don't the residual Mayo blood in the vains means I will be supporting them in the final. Outside of Tyrone and Ulster they are the one County I would dearly love to see win the big one of course preferably not at our expense. Safe journeys to everyone travelling down and whatever the outcome enjoy the game and the banter.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Really looking forward to this game, a very intriguing proposition. I think Tyrone may have lost the propaganda war though.

Mayo are a much changed lot from last year. They lost the AI final in the first ten minutes last year. This year they weren't going to let that happen. In the QF against Donegal this year, thirteen of the first fifteen fouls were committed by Mayo, many as cynical (though less obviously so) than the Cavanagh one. No-one in the media has spotted this.

Tyrone need a big start, they won't be afforded the opportunity to get one though. Therefore This year's media darlings will reach the AI final. And, on performances to date, they deserve to.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.