Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 02:33:42 PM
The Tyrone lads have a ferocious workrate but they don't score many points.

They don't concede many either

Apologies for being pedantic but does the
Quotequote
button not work for you or what???

highorlow

QuoteApologies for being pedantic but does the
button not work for you or what???

Mind Games
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

blanketattack

Quote from: highorlow on August 23, 2013, 02:17:11 PM
QuoteIn saying that I don't quite understand the confidence of some Mayo supporters, Tyrone will also perform and I think they'll have a good tactical plan to curb Mayo's main players

I don't get it either and find it unwholesome. Mayo Mick is certainly over confidant this time also.

I felt Connacht this year went as I predicted. Donegal were not the team they were so Sunday is going to be different.

Take any Mayo surprise element out of the equation and Tyrone having a brilliant day then anything can happen.

With Tyrone's new goalie and McCarron and McCurry playing to form things will be tighter than people may think.

The stats over the last 6 meetings tell a tale.
2013: Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 1-12 (Div I)
2010: Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 1-12 (Div I)
2009: Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 0-14 (Div I)
2008: Mayo 1-9 Tyrone 0-13 (Qualifiers)
2008: Tyrone 0-15 Mayo 0-13 (Div I)
2007: Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 4-7 (Div I)

Was there an easy way to get those scores?
gaainfo.com was a handy way of doing it but it's gone now.

Fuzzman

Maybe this was mentioned in here earlier but what reason was given for Conor Gormley getting off his ban?

Which team would Kerry rather have a go at in the final I wonder? I'd say Mayo would rather Dublin.

supersarsfields

Just going to dump this in here.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=199170

I'm sure there's a pun or two involved with this story. First person to link fowl and foul into a post gets 10 Gaaboard points. Very fitting to anounce this before we play Mayo......

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 23, 2013, 03:10:35 PM
Maybe this was mentioned in here earlier but what reason was given for Conor Gormley getting off his ban?

Which team would Kerry rather have a go at in the final I wonder? I'd say Mayo would rather Dublin.

I would take Kerry all day every day

I am scared shitless of this Dublin team, their pace, strength, depth, they have it all
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

200th game for Mickey?? Ye were keeping that quiet
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Fuzzman

Ye know us Tyrone wans. Like yerselves we like a low key build up in case we get basting.

highorlow

QuoteWas there an easy way to get those scores?
gaainfo.com was a handy way of doing it but it's gone now.

No, I happened upon a preview of the league match and plucked them from there and added in the league game result. Time for someone to come up with an app alright.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 23, 2013, 03:20:05 PM
200th game for Mickey?? Ye were keeping that quiet

QuoteTotal: P 199, Won 134, D 15, L 50
Championship: P 66, W 45, D7, L 14
League: P 85, W 49, D 7, L 29
McKenna Cup: P 48, W 40, D 1, L 7

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on August 23, 2013, 02:17:11 PM
The stats over the last 6 meetings tell a tale.
2013: Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 1-12 (Div I)
2010: Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 1-12 (Div I)
2009: Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 0-14 (Div I)
2008: Mayo 1-9 Tyrone 0-13 (Qualifiers)
2008: Tyrone 0-15 Mayo 0-13 (Div I)
2007: Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 4-7 (Div I)

Mayo by 2 on aggregate  :)

That game in 2008 was one we could easily have won.

I remember watching the league game in 2009, AO'S was just out of minors and playing FF, he took a great ball into the chest, turned, shrugged off Gormley like he wasn't even there and buried it.

Higgins at 18/1 for MOTM looks like a decent bet to me, if he plays a free role between the backs and forwards he'll be on lots of ball and should chip in a point or two.

If you fancy Tyrone though, Cavanagh @ 10/1 or SO'N @ 18/1 for MOTM are good value.

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 23, 2013, 03:10:35 PM

Conor reckoned Dessie was a bit of a chicken for feigning injury - Tyrone cried "fowl" and Dessie got one of Conor's fouls.

Conor and Tyrone have been roasted ever since but Tyrone hope to take the giblets out of Mayo's Hyde on Sunday. Hwoever according to some, this could be a stuffing match as Mayo are different gravy and Tyrone are a flock of turkeys who could get minced.

Fuzzman

What was the last match Mayo played against a very defensive formation?
If they don't get the freedom to shoot inside the 40 will they be able to keep their heads and shout from further out?

I've a feeling there are going to be a lot of frustrated punters at half time and TSG panel will be saying its a horrible game to watch. Mickey has brought Stevie out around the middle a few times this year and I'd say he could do the same from the start this time. If Mayo leave McAliskey or McCurry one on one they could get punished.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 23, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 23, 2013, 12:18:34 PM
Only hope Tyrone have is that some of our better players get injured and ye might be getting a head start in that regard according to a massive rumour doing the rounds.

It started off by , he didn't train last week, then it was he's grand and now it's , no way will he start.

Anyone else hearing this stuff?
oh yes the rumours have started.....a little earlier than most years -FACT:AoS took his place in a full bloodied A v B game in Enfield last w/end ....where do these things start???

Drove past that on Sunday. Those two way radios are certainly more noticeable than the GPS bras.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

macdanger2

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 23, 2013, 03:38:22 PM
If Mayo leave McAliskey or McCurry one on one they could get punished.

I'd be hopeful that none of the Tyrone forwards will be left one on one in front of goal - with at least a couple of Tyrone forwards funnelling players back, we should def have a free man to play in front of the FB line