Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

ballinaman

MWWSSD

Re: Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th
« Reply #1645 on: Today at 12:42:20 PM »QuoteAnyone know this McCann fella who wrote this? Serious go at Mickey Harte here 

http://www.hotpress.com/politics/McCann-On-Mickey-Harte/10092662.html?new_layout=1&page_no=1&show_comments=1Report to moderator    Logged
There are 3 types of people in this world...those who can count and those who can't

McCann is an extreme left wing activist from Derry very active during the Civil Rights Era when he was one of a few who highjacked the cause of civil rights in Northern Ireland. An abominable creature in his own right and nasty to boot. Everyone who has a view contrary to his own will not be tolerated.

He wouldn't know if a ball was blown up or stuffed.

bluenosebandit

hypothetical situation here......if Mayo lose on sunday, and never go on to win sam, would they go down as one of, if not the, best team never to have won the all-ireland?

SkillfulBill

bluenosebandit

« Reply #1649 on: Today at 01:14:03 PM »

hypothetical situation here......if Mayo lose on sunday, and never go on to win sam, would they go down as one of, if not the, best team never to have won the all-ireland?

Hypothetically No it would just prove that they were not as good as they appeared to look while winning big against poor opposition.

On the other hand if the continue on and win the next two games by 10+ points they may go down as one of the greatest teams to win an All-Ireland hypthetically.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 01:18:43 PM
bluenosebandit

Hypothetically No it would just prove that they were not as good as they appeared to look while winning big against poor opposition.

On the other hand if the continue on and win the next two games by 10+ points they may go down as one of the greatest teams to win an All-Ireland hypthetically.

What if Tyrone lose on Sunday? What are the hypothetical scenarios for them?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Lads...we're forgetting the real issue here for Mayo....will Feericks run out of clean cutlery by 9am or 9.30am?

larryin89

Quote from: ballinaman on August 23, 2013, 01:38:33 PM
Lads...we're forgetting the real issue here for Mayo....will Feericks run out of clean cutlery by 9am or 9.30am?

Or will Syferus have his " Ross for Sam 2014" placard out  for the passing traffic ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Orior

Fork off
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

supersarsfields

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 23, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
bluenosebandit

Not at the top table anymore.
Out of their depth
Not one of the big guns

And it would be hard to argue against it, depending on the matter of defeat.

wherefromreferee?

111 pages for an AI Semi.  Impressive.   
In your Endo!

seafoid

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 23, 2013, 01:53:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 23, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
bluenosebandit

Not at the top table anymore.
Out of their depth
Not one of the big guns

And it would be hard to argue against it, depending on the matter of defeat.
If Hawkeye is set to sliotar size they might get a replay...

Zulu

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on August 23, 2013, 01:54:00 PM

If there is anything controversial during the game expect this thread to break the 200 mark, it might do it anyway!

highorlow

QuoteIn saying that I don't quite understand the confidence of some Mayo supporters, Tyrone will also perform and I think they'll have a good tactical plan to curb Mayo's main players

I don't get it either and find it unwholesome. Mayo Mick is certainly over confidant this time also.

I felt Connacht this year went as I predicted. Donegal were not the team they were so Sunday is going to be different.

Take any Mayo surprise element out of the equation and Tyrone having a brilliant day then anything can happen.

With Tyrone's new goalie and McCarron and McCurry playing to form things will be tighter than people may think.

The stats over the last 6 meetings tell a tale.
2013: Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 1-12 (Div I)
2010: Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 1-12 (Div I)
2009: Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 0-14 (Div I)
2008: Mayo 1-9 Tyrone 0-13 (Qualifiers)
2008: Tyrone 0-15 Mayo 0-13 (Div I)
2007: Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 4-7 (Div I)
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

Quote from: Zulu on August 23, 2013, 02:00:18 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on August 23, 2013, 01:54:00 PM

If there is anything controversial during the game expect this thread to break the 200 mark, it might do it anyway!
The Tyrone lads have a ferocious workrate but they don't score many points.

Farrandeelin

I'll bring extra sandwiches with me in case! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SkillfulBill

The Tyrone lads have a ferocious workrate but they don't score many points.

They don't concede many either