Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on August 22, 2013, 09:45:58 PM
COC has played finisher rather than creator for most of his goals, he's mainly been there to tab away a wonderful bit of build-up play.
Take the first goal against Donegal for example. It wasn't wonderful build up play Donegal were pressed into a mistake and O'Connor provided the cool,clam finish that other Mayo forwards may have missed.  I remember O'Connor scoring a number of goals at minor level i always wondered why he stopped scoring them at senior level well it looks like hes found the goal scoring boots again.

As for Sunday it will be shock of the summer if Mayo don't win. I expect our neighbours to score at least 2 goals and upwards of 12 points. Tyrone might score 1 goal but you have to go back two years since they scored more than 2 goals in championship game & without scoring goals i can't see them causing a shock.

P.S one Tyrone poster claimed they played reserves v us back in July well 14 of those reserves are starting on Sunday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2013, 12:27:50 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 12:24:31 AM
Question How many All Ireland Semi Finals has Mickey Harte lost ?

Cork.

Will this get reposted on Sunday, I'm sure it will whatever the score.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ross4life on August 23, 2013, 12:28:19 AM
P.S one Tyrone poster claimed they played reserves v us back in July well 14 of those reserves are starting on Sunday.

No disrespect to the Rossies, but it looked like the game was all over shortly after half-time, such was the Tyrone dominance and scores to match; but we relaxed (to an almost fatal degree), and your lads didn't, quite the reverse to be fair. True to say that if Ros had had a little more composure in front of the posts they could well have won. If, if, if...
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SkillfulBill

Re: Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

« Reply #1572 on: Today at 12:27:50 AM »QuoteQuote from: SkillfulBill on Today at 12:24:31 AMQuestion How many All Ireland Semi Finals has Mickey Harte lost ?

Cork.

Including minor and under 21's so he has been involved in  8 ? That's some record.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2013, 12:22:11 AM
Who's gonna mark Sean?

Horan ain't stupid. Can the less talented O'Shea do it? A very limited footballer like Dick Clerkin managed it.

Up until this year, I rated Seamus as the better footballer.

SkillfulBill

He must have been some footballer because the Aidan lad was a mighty footballer at minor.  Either that or your a poor judge of footballers. I wonder. .....

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 23, 2013, 12:32:40 AM
Quote from: ross4life on August 23, 2013, 12:28:19 AM

No disrespect to the Rossies, but it looked like the game was all over shortly after half-time, such was the Tyrone dominance and scores to match; but we relaxed (to an almost fatal degree), and your lads didn't, quite the reverse to be fair. True to say that if Ros had had a little more composure in front of the posts they could well have won. If, if, if...

You got six points in front with about 30 minutes to go at your best point in the match. If you lads think that constitutes game over Sunday is going to be a very short outing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2013, 12:43:25 AM
You got six points in front with over 20 minutes to go at your best point in the match. If you lads think that constitutes game over Sunday is going to be a very short outing.

Yawn! It was a mistake, evidently, but if you think our lads are going to even think about relaxing or switching down the gears come Sunday, well, think again Rossie/Mayo/Connacht, or whatever the feck you are!  :P :)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 12:41:25 AM

He must have been some footballer because the Aidan lad was a mighty footballer at minor.  Either that or your a poor judge of footballers. I wonder. .....

Seamus has up until this year had better judgement than Aidan, which is an essential quality of a good footballer. In 2013 Aidan has got his judgement right.

SkillfulBill

F... me Oneill how do you keep this going 18500 posts you must have no job and a very understanding good lady.

Unbelievable dedication to the cause.

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 23, 2013, 12:47:45 AM
You got six points in front with over 20 minutes to go at your best point in the match. If you lads think that constitutes game over Sunday is going to be a very short outing.

Yawn! It was a mistake, evidently, but if you think our lads are going to even think about relaxing or switching down the gears come Sunday, well, think again Rossie/Mayo/Connacht, or whatever the feck you are!  :P :)

They don't have a gear that's going to live with Mayo so they could come out in ride-on lawnmowers locked in gear 1 (that's close shave mode to you and me) for all it would matter.

SkillfulBill

Seamus has up until this year had better judgement than Aidan, which is an essential quality of a good footballer. In 2013 Aidan has got his judgement right.

But when Aidan was a minor he had the x factor about him like donegals Murphy and McBeratty

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2013, 12:52:39 AM

They don't have a gear that's going to live with Mayo so they could come out in ride-on lawnmowers locked in gear 1 (that's close shave mode to you and me) for all it would matter.

Yeah, whatever, no point you even worrying about it so.

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 23, 2013, 12:53:55 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2013, 12:52:39 AM

Yeah, whatever, no point you even worrying about it so.

I have to attend the bleeding thing, I just hope I won't be bored to tears by yet another Harlem Globetrotters exhibition game by Mayo.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 23, 2013, 12:52:50 AM

But when Aidan was a minor he had the x factor about him like donegals Murphy and McBeratty

You are right about that, you must admit for a while at senior he was very touch and go, largely due to poor choices on the pitch. In contrast Seamus was a powerful constant footballer. I think both lads are quality footballers now.

We have Big Barry Moran and Gibbons in reserve, not bad options in the centre of the pitch.