Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

I found a photo of Pakie McConnell's soccer trials.

Might be better if Cillian stays away from the goals

MWWSI 2017

tyronefan

And after a find days work the last time out Mayo has named an unchanged team

Mayo: Robert Hennelly (Breaffy); Tom Cunniffe (Castlebar Mitchels), Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites), Chris Barrett (Belmullet); Lee Keegan (Westport), Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe), Colm Boyle (Davitts); Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy), Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy); Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore), Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis), Alan Dillon (Ballintubber); Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber), Alan Freeman (Aghamore), Andy Moran (capt, Ballaghaderreen).

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Whishtup on August 22, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
Have Mayo been behind in the Championship yet?

We went a point down against Roscommon. To be honest, we didn't play particularly well for 20 minutes of that game. I'd be slightly worried that we will have the same problem this time (due to the fact that it's set up for a mighty Mayo fall) and Tyrone will have a few points to spare on us at that stage. And they're better than Roscommon and probably have improved with the games they've played since their one with Roscommon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SkillfulBill

I think it's more likely that Steve will play close to goal with mccurry and mcaliskey playing slightly deeper.  The two donnellys deep between 1/2 back line and mfield.  Joey maybe pick up Oshea and Gormely as sweeper. Mckenna is in for speed to do a man marking job CoC. I think we could be parking the bus and hitting them on the break with cavanagh playing in an advanced mfield position. Unlikely to be a high scoring game 0-14 to 0-12. Tyrone to grind out a result.

rrhf

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2013, 08:46:43 PM
1 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua
2 Ryan McKenna Eaglais
3 Conor Clarke An Omaigh
4 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór
5 Ciaran McGinley Aireagal Chiaráin
6 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin
7 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór
8 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh
9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh
10 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac
11 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór
12 Joe McMahon An Omaigh
13 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc
14 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael
15 Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

16 Michael O'Neill Cluain Eo
17 Dermot Carlin Coill an Chlochair
18 Aidan Cassidy Eochar
19 Kyle Coney Ard Bó
20 Kevin Gallagher An Baile Nau
21 Conan Grugan An Omaigh
22 Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail
23 Johnathan Lafferty Urnaí
24 Danny McBride An Srath Ban
25 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair
26 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin
[/quote
Legends in 72 hours perhaps. It's interesting to note the decline of east Tyrone in that team. No coaliSland dungannon dmore ardboe moor town derrylaughan cookatown and others

ONeill

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 22, 2013, 10:35:44 PM
I think it's more likely that Steve will play close to goal with mccurry and mcaliskey playing slightly deeper.  The two donnellys deep between 1/2 back line and mfield.  Joey maybe pick up Oshea and Gormely as sweeper. Mckenna is in for speed to do a man marking job CoC. I think we could be parking the bus and hitting them on the break with cavanagh playing in an advanced mfield position. Unlikely to be a high scoring game 0-14 to 0-12. Tyrone to grind out a result.

He has a habit of bringing Stephen out though. Some of his best work recently has been picking the ball up 50 out and playing a killer pass.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Agree with O'Neill here. It seemed like SoN got his hands on the ball more times in that 20 mins he was on the 40 against Monaghan than he did for the whole championship before that!

Can see our forward division setting up like this:

McAliskey          McCurry

↑         SoN        ↑

Mark D               Matty D
                   ↑

Sean C

Whishtup

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 22, 2013, 10:35:44 PM

That would be my formation.  Stevie very effective at pulling defenders away from the middle.  Much the same gameplan as has been, only with another target up front and the two donnelly's doing a deeper, Penrose job.  I can see Tyrone goals here.

Tyrone 2-12 1-13 Mayo

emmetryan

Yeah. They'll play someone close to the end line but like ONeill said, good chance it isn't SON
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

rrhf

The curse is always the game changer.  as a Tyrone man I really wish mayo football wasn't cursed.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Stevie has a score to settle after 2004, when he scored an absolute screamer of a goal in a vain attempt to turn things around against a resolutely defiant Mayo; though nothing would sail between the posts for us, and lost count of the number of attempts that flew just millimetres wide!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SkillfulBill

Mickey has been taking oneill out to the 45 but it has tended to be later on in games to get him more into games. Particularly the Donegal game. Last day out he done it in response to penroses red card. Funny enough he took Stevie off against Monaghan just when he seemed to become more effective in the role.  I think for Mayo game he will play 3up to keep them committed at the back. Bring them on and strip the ball. I would say the tackling drills have been fiercely stepped up in the last three weeks.

Whishtup

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 22, 2013, 10:29:43 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 22, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
Have Mayo been behind in the Championship yet?

We went a point down against Roscommon. To be honest, we didn't play particularly well for 20 minutes of that game. I'd be slightly worried that we will have the same problem this time (due to the fact that it's set up for a mighty Mayo fall) and Tyrone will have a few points to spare on us at that stage. And they're better than Roscommon and probably have improved with the games they've played since their one with Roscommon.

That is a frightening statistic...

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 22, 2013, 10:46:37 PM
Agree with O'Neill here. It seemed like SoN got his hands on the ball more times in that 20 mins he was on the 40 against Monaghan than he did for the whole championship before that!

Can see our forward division setting up like this:

McAliskey          McCurry

↑         SoN        ↑

Mark D               Matty D
                   ↑

Sean C

That's an impressive graphic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.