Rodman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 22, 2013, 01:36:37 PM
Quote from: Rodman on August 22, 2013, 08:52:27 AM
Quote from: emmetryan on August 22, 2013, 07:27:22 AM
Hi guys

Tactical preview of Mayo vs Tyrone now up
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7566

Emmet

Is that it Emmet, where was the Tactical preview. You could get a job on the Sunday game!

Like it our not Emmet has nearly always been spot on.

I agree. I have read most of Emmets previews and they are usually quite good. But to sum Tyrone up as their tactics being to get the ball to O'Neill where he wins a free and to mention the loss of Morgan as significant (when he hasn't played in the last 5 games) is a fairly lazy analysis of the game and on par with Spillanes usual post game analysis of most games. I think Mickey Harte is a bit more tactically aware than that. His ultimate prediction of a Mayo win will most likely be correct but to suggest Tyrone are out of their depth is nonsense.

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 03:31:02 PM
Some of that team - they dont even sound like footballers, more so accountancy students, fishermen or beachcombers  so really you just cant even imagine a classic GAA commentator crying out their names in the last 5 minutes of an all Ireland as they bring home the bacon.  Is the dodgy keeper starting. Is Barrett a boxer?

I was thinking that earlier. Not enough Mc or Macs in that side.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Hennelly, (has to be a Hurler.  Is he the dodgy keeper?)

Cunniffe,(ladies man) Cafferkey, (unpronounceable name - say it over and over!)  Barrett, (boxer)
Keegan, (Beach Soccor) Vaughan,(actor) Boyle, (Royal Donegal blood/ Donegal Catch)

A.OShea, S.OShea, (Kerry wannabees)

McLoughlin, (Northern politician) Higgins, (snooker) Dillon, (singer songwriter)
OConnor, (Mrs Brown) Freeman,(at last!) Moran (wont get past the red cow)
[/quote]

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 03:58:45 PM
        Hennelly, (has to be a Hurler.  Is he the dodgy keeper?)

Cunniffe,(ladies man) Cafferkey, (unpronounceable name - say it over and over!)  Barrett, (boxer)
Keegan, (Beach Soccor) Vaughan,(actor) Boyle, (Royal Donegal blood)

A.OShea, S.OShea, (Kerry wannabees)

McLoughlin, (Northern politician) Higgins, (snooker) Dillon, (singer songwriter)
OConnor, (Mrs Brown) Freeman,(at last!) Moran (red cow)
[/quote]
;D
Fair play. Good sport.
Never thought of it that way.
We'll' just have to wait until Sunday afternoon to find out f they live up to your description or not.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 22, 2013, 01:37:36 PM
I honestly have never seen odds or attitudes against Tyrone in my time than I have this past few weeks.  You would swear it was Kilkenny footballers versus Kerrys golden generation.  There is nothing in that Mayo team that frightens me from a Tyrone perspective, they are a decent side but its not like they have or are dominating Gaelic football in a way that it would be shocking to see them lose.  There has rarely been a mismatch at this stage of the championship, and for all the negative comments against Tyrone it seems to be forgotten that they are made up of individuals who have all won All Ireland titles be it at Senior or Minor level (or both).  So to say that they are full of average players is a bit off key.  The same teams played in the league and there wasn't much in it, and I don't imagine there will be much in it this weekend either.  I just dont understand the attitude of the Mayo fans, who seem to have suddenly developed this mentality that they are certain to win the All Ireland this year.  I have had a dislike for many teams over the years and always actually liked Mayo, but to be honest I have never wanted to see a team lose as much as I want to see Mayo get beat.  Cillian O'Connor won't be getting any goals this weekend, he will be back at what he does best - hitting frees.

Relax, it's only the media! We've put up and continue to put up with this year in year out. It does not matter what Mayo people think or the media think. If they are wrong it will make your win more pleasurable. We are naturally more confident than usual, jez ye would be if ye had got to the semi finals like we have. What do Tyrone people want us to do. Tell lies as to what we think the outcome will be?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 22, 2013, 01:50:13 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 22, 2013, 01:43:47 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 22, 2013, 01:39:29 PM

Emmet has usually been spot on the money since he started to post here. Perhaps Tyrone are out of their depth, and you are letting your pride blind you.

I fully agree with you!  And that for me sums up the reason we Tyronies are going to bother going to this match - because despite the statistical and factual evidence to suggest a Mayo win, there is a slight off-chance that Emmet might be wrong, Tyrone might do something magical and Mayo might have a bad day at the office.
This is why we love this time of year isn't it?

Of course, tell Tyrone 1989, Kerry 1996, Galway 1998, Galway 2001 (League Final), Tyrone 2004, Dublin 2006, Cork 2011, Dublin 2012.

I don't get it?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 22, 2013, 01:37:36 PM
I honestly have never seen odds or attitudes against Tyrone in my time than I have this past few weeks.  You would swear it was Kilkenny footballers versus Kerrys golden generation.  There is nothing in that Mayo team that frightens me from a Tyrone perspective, they are a decent side but its not like they have or are dominating Gaelic football in a way that it would be shocking to see them lose.  There has rarely been a mismatch at this stage of the championship, and for all the negative comments against Tyrone it seems to be forgotten that they are made up of individuals who have all won All Ireland titles be it at Senior or Minor level (or both).  So to say that they are full of average players is a bit off key.  The same teams played in the league and there wasn't much in it, and I don't imagine there will be much in it this weekend either.  I just dont understand the attitude of the Mayo fans, who seem to have suddenly developed this mentality that they are certain to win the All Ireland this year.  I have had a dislike for many teams over the years and always actually liked Mayo, but to be honest I have never wanted to see a team lose as much as I want to see Mayo get beat.  Cillian O'Connor won't be getting any goals this weekend, he will be back at what he does best - hitting frees.

Ara the Mayo lads aren't the worst. Most of the older heads on here are fairly circumspect at the best of times. Admittedly a small handful of the newer ones have lost the run of themselves somewhat. Can happen I suppose when you get a run of results like they've had.

BennyHarp

Quote from: emmetryan on August 22, 2013, 12:07:06 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 22, 2013, 11:58:25 AM
Hi guys

Emmet

Hi Emmet,
I have been reading your previews since you first started posting them because I realised from the off that you have an amazing success rate-at 100% almost; it just has to be amazing.
I'm not saying this just* to annoy the Tyrone lads here as I've said so a number of previous times on this board.
I also passed a number of comments to this effect on your preview pages and I bought your book last Christmas to study previous reviews.
(You may recall this as I'm the real mayogodhelpus – not that sham who keeps annoying poor Nally Stand.) ;D
Therefore, I see no reason whatever to question your judgement when I read your latest work.
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

* But I couldn't help sticking it in. ;D

Not been 100% this year, messed up two provincial finals. Also where was all the haterade from Tyrone when I said they'd beat Monaghan? :)

I couldn't give a monkeys who you predicted to win Emmet and generally it wouldn't take a tactical genius to work out who will win the majority of games in the championship. It was more the pathetic attempt to pass off that nonsense as "tactical analysis" of how Tyrone will approach the game that surprised me. There's no hatred from Tyrone here, just surprise at how a man who spends so much time "analysing" games and has tried to flog books on the subject, can come up with such a weak understanding of the Tyrone game, so late in the season and dismiss them as "out of their depth". Im sure as a man who is carving a career in football analysis, you will be happy to take critical analysis of your work and understand that it's not "haterade".
That was never a square ball!!

Mayo4Sam

Some of that team - they dont even sound like footballers, more so accountancy students, fishermen or beachcombers  so really you just cant even imagine a classic GAA commentator crying out their names in the last 5 minutes of an all Ireland as they bring home the bacon.  Is the dodgy keeper starting. Is Barrett a boxer?

Sure they're a bunch of part-timers, like San Marino or Lichenstein, postmen and fishermen, some of them have never been outsde the county.

Even if Barrett was a boxer we'd never admit it for fear we'd get another god awful song from ye
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 22, 2013, 03:34:23 PM
Not in the Tyrone meaning of the word

More likely an archer. His lot came over with Strongbow.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ludermor

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 22, 2013, 04:35:08 PM
Hi guys

Emmet

Hi Emmet,
I have been reading your previews since you first started posting them because I realised from the off that you have an amazing success rate-at 100% almost; it just has to be amazing.
I'm not saying this just* to annoy the Tyrone lads here as I've said so a number of previous times on this board.
I also passed a number of comments to this effect on your preview pages and I bought your book last Christmas to study previous reviews.
(You may recall this as I'm the real mayogodhelpus – not that sham who keeps annoying poor Nally Stand.) ;D
Therefore, I see no reason whatever to question your judgement when I read your latest work.
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

Not been 100% this year, messed up two provincial finals. Also where was all the haterade from Tyrone when I said they'd beat Monaghan? :)

I couldn't give a monkeys who you predicted to win Emmet and generally it wouldn't take a tactical genius to work out who will win the majority of games in the championship. It was more the pathetic attempt to pass off that nonsense as "tactical analysis" of how Tyrone will approach the game that surprised me. There's no hatred from Tyrone here, just surprise at how a man who spends so much time "analysing" games and has tried to flog books on the subject, can come up with such a weak understanding of the Tyrone game, so late in the season and dismiss them as "out of their depth". Im sure as a man who is carving a career in football analysis, you will be happy to take critical analysis of your work and understand that it's not "haterade".
You're some man! I think you need to look up critical analysis in the dictionary!

emmetryan

Benny, I'm arguing that much of the response is with how people dislike my honest assesment because I think this is going to be one sided. Had I only said Tyrone would be out of their depth without spending the preceding bulk of the column saying why it'd be a different story.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

BennyHarp

Quote from: ludermor on August 22, 2013, 04:45:11 PM
Hi guys

Emmet

Hi Emmet,
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

You're some man! I think you need to look up critical analysis in the dictionary!

See my previous post where I pointed out some of the gaps his analysis on the Tyrone side of things

BennyHarp

Quote from: emmetryan on August 22, 2013, 04:47:05 PM
Benny, I'm arguing that much of the response is with how people dislike my honest assesment because I think this is going to be one sided. Had I only said Tyrone would be out of their depth without spending the preceding bulk of the column saying why it'd be a different story.

You made no attempt to suggest how Tyrone may set up to deal with this Mayo onslaught. Are you suggesting we will go in with no tactics to deal with them and our only attacking approach will be to kick it into O'Neill so he can win frees and even that is not going to work as Morgan is now injured. Do you understand the role the Donnellys may have in this game? How are Mayo going to set up to stop Cavanagh? Do you think he can be man marked when breaking from midfield or will they flood they space in front of him? Or are they going to be so dominant that they dont have to even worry about setting up to stop him? What exactly is Joes role? Just my opinion Emmet but if you think a game is going to one sided, it doesn't mean your analysis has to be too.

Syferus

Hi guys

Emmet

Hi Emmet,
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

Stop being a complete Tyroniac for a second, Benny. It's one thing having the banter with opposition supporters and others here but it's something entirely different to attack the character of someone because they typed something you disagreed with. I'd hope your over-the-top reaction doesn't stop others from having the balls to post as themselves and indeed their work here.

Oh, and Tyrone will be out of their depth on Sunday. Sorry.