Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

aye and test ye out ala Mickey Murphy last year.  Worth a go, I think if we could put 2 big men in there we would be onto a winner.  As one of you have already said  if Tyrone havent 2 goals past the new goalie after 10 minutes it could give mayo the confidence to push on.  You  might be thinking the same with Clarke and Mc Mahon. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Conor Clarke to wreak havoc in the Mayo third, and it won't matter who's on his shoulders when he's running at them!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: tonysoprano on August 21, 2013, 11:36:31 AM
Lads, a crowd of us are heading down to Dub on Saturday for a few days for the game. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap place to abandon the car for the entirety of the weekend? Anywhere handy to the city centre will be grand.
Tony, you'll get free parking beside Whitehall church on the old airport road.
It might be the best bet for you if you are coming south into Dublin. Drive past the church and turn left onto Collins Avenue at the next lights.
(The park is on your left hand side.)
Almost immediately after, turn left and you will be in the place. Huge parking lot and it's free. I've never herd of any vandalism or damage to vehicles in the park but I suppose if you plan to park there for a few days, there is always a possibility that your car could be interfered with.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

All of a Sludden

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?

No one said they won anything.

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?

They consistently failed to win anything.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 01:03:23 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 21, 2013, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 12:54:18 PM
You havent met Dermy Carlin then no?

No, is he any good? How many medals has he in his arse pocket? Does he have a beard? How many teeth is he missing?

Will ye make the big switch and play him at full forward and lob it in long?
They could lob it in short for all the difference it would make!
Since he won't be getting a smell of it, it doesn't matter one little bit.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?

No one said they won anything.

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?

They consistently failed to win anything.

You contradict yourself completely and still can't answer a straight question.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 01:18:06 PM
aye and test ye out ala Mickey Murphy last year.  Worth a go, I think if we could put 2 big men in there we would be onto a winner.  As one of you have already said  if Tyrone havent 2 goals past the new goalie after 10 minutes it could give mayo the confidence to push on.  You  might be thinking the same with Clarke and Mc Mahon.
Mayo have a new fella playing this year by the name of relentless.
They won't stop at 3 points ahead or 23 points ahead.
There will be other championships for Throne but not this one.   

larryin89

Darragh o Se, " Mayo could do a real number on Tyrone"

I'm not alone, phew.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BennyHarp

Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
Darragh o Se, " Mayo could do a real number on Tyrone"

I'm not alone, phew.

And the hype continues - excellent!
That was never a square ball!!

Mayo4Sam

Darragh again "My worry for Tyrone is that their forwards just aren't up to keeping pace with the amount that Mayo score."

That is some turnaround from the Mayo cant score goals line we were been given before the Galway game
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

larryin89

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 01:57:08 PM
Darragh again "My worry for Tyrone is that their forwards just aren't up to keeping pace with the amount that Mayo score."

That is some turnaround from the Mayo cant score goals line we were been given before the Galway game

In fairness if he did say that before the Galway game ,he would be right, we scored two goals in the whole league campaign again we have greatly improved on this, are people just supposed to stay with what they said previous for the sake of it or alter their opinion according to the development of the team, surely the latter is the way it should be.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 01:57:08 PM

In fairness the punditry is daft sometimes.

I remember reading a pundit (I won't name him) before the 1989 final saying he was worried about Jimmy Browne's lack of pace. I had been lucky enough to be asked to fill in at a few training sessions with the 89 squad and Browne used to win all the shuttle sprints. That taught me what I needed to know about punditry.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Did a little bit of video research last night for my sins. Watched the Tyrone V Meath and V Monaghan game with the Mayo V Donegal sandwiched in between over the last 2 nights.

Tyrone will seriously need to get their asses in gear if they are to win this match on Sunday. It's not impossible as nothing is sure in sport but, even without my green and red tinted glasses on, it's going to be a tough day at HQ for Tyrone.

Mayo forwards tackling and turn overs in the oppositions half has been immense this year, Tyrone like to build from the back, Monaghan retreated, Mayo forwards will be all over them. Can't believe how ponderous on the ball Harte was too, no chance in hell he's going to get away with that on Sunday.

Joe McMahon, outstanding as he is, I feel is going to have too much on his plate on Sunday. You can't be your teams covering player and 2nd best scorer from open play against a team with the pace that Mayo have. I fancy Donie Vaughan will be tasked to go with Sean Cavanagh when he bombs forward through the centre.

Should be a very interesting game, Micky Harte will have something up his sleeve no doubt!

BennyHarp

We're nearly due for someone to pop into the thread and mention the number of pages reached so far!
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 02:14:38 PM
We're nearly due for someone to pop into the thread and mention the number of pages reached so far!

I am ready for him:

MWWSI 2017