Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Quote from: larryin89 on August 20, 2013, 02:36:51 PM
Haven't seen many games is one thing but you've seen games that never took place, we never played Ross last year.
he did say 2011 Larry
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

larryin89

That's right ,after he done a bit of editing. What was cynical about Mayos play in Ross game 2011?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam

Rugby tackles out on the wing, possibly I'm confusing it with the Sligo Connacht final, I'm sure Syreus knows the game inside out and will correct me
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on August 20, 2013, 01:48:50 PM
Who's wrong and who is right. This game sees the bookies (me also) as a no contest, Mayo at 2/7 , to win by sixteen points or more for example is at 14/1 whilst we were 40/1 v Galway for same bet and similar for Ross. Then on the flip side you have the vast majority of posters on all GAA forums , most of the journos and high stool pundits saying it will be as tight as you get.

Tyrones games so far have been average performances, grinding out results, incapable of forcing it home (v Kildare) . Should of lost out in Hyde park in the end only for a lack of composure by Ross, who probably couldn't believe the position they got themselves in near the end. Donegal beat them fair and square ,exposing their lack of pace at the back several times, mcbrearty ran in and along the line to lay off for second goal as if Tyrone were stuck to the ground.

All said and done , I maintain there will be a lot of people very surprised at how comfortable this is going to be for Mayo.

If football had a decent rule book,it would be Monaghan we wold be facing, of that I have no doubt.Looking back over Tyrone videos, they are a nasty team and people can airbrush that with all the usual horse manure excuse and counter arguments but its the simple truth from Riceys knee on the face to the Armagh lad in 03 to todays Cavanagh  dragging and pullin all day long , their football culture is a nasty cynical one.

We will batter them with speedy football. See ye next week for the who's right result.

Great stuff. A good old unhinged rant about how spotless, pure and virtuous Mayo are, and how we are anything but.

Just watch the door on the way out of Croke on Sunday, with those rose-infused glasses on you're liable to walk into anything, including reality.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

larryin89

Yes Mayo we're cynical in Sligo game that took place in Roscommon last year.

Since that game ,we have improved greatly, the tackling of Mayo this year has been near perfect , the speed and skill level has gone up a few notches, honestly there is no need for Mayo to engage in dark arts.

I can't say anymore , I'm just repeating myself all the time, my point will be surely proven after Sunday or on the other hand I could  be proven an awful ejit.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2013, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 16, 2013, 11:08:58 AM
No wonder there's no green and red sheep in Mayo, they are too busy painting their shoes

I'll take 4 pairs please.

What are you? A f**king Caterpillar?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 20, 2013, 03:46:52 PM
No wonder there's no green and red sheep in Mayo, they are too busy painting their shoes

Well he'll need one for the Saturday before the All-Ireland, Bowes on Fleet street will be wedged, they'll be soaked.
The obviously enough for the big day itself you'd want a fresh pair, that'll no doubt be destroyed in Coppers.
Its always raining in Roscommon so all that waiting in Tarmonbarry and you could be in trouble, so you'll want another pair for getting back to Dublin on the Tuesday, at which point you'll be down to a goalkeeping Staunton Intersports jersey that fitted you in 1993.

You could nearly go for five pairs, it'll be a long gap between Tarmonbarry and Ballaghdereen in wet brogues

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: larryin89 on August 20, 2013, 03:43:53 PM
Yes Mayo we're cynical in Sligo game that took place in Roscommon last year.

Since that game ,we have improved greatly, the tackling of Mayo this year has been near perfect , the speed and skill level has gone up a few notches, honestly there is no need for Mayo to engage in dark arts.

I can't say anymore , I'm just repeating myself all the time, my point will be surely proven after Sunday or on the other hand I could  be proven an awful ejit.

So in the last two championship matches where we were ahead and the opposition were within an asses roar of us we resorted to tactical, cynical fouling?
If Sean Cavanagh is to score a goal to equalise in the last five minutes on Sunday he'll have to do it with Vaughan on his back, literally

nrico2006

Who's wrong and who is right. This game sees the bookies (me also) as a no contest, Mayo at 2/7 , to win by sixteen points or more for example is at 14/1 whilst we were 40/1 v Galway for same bet and similar for Ross. Then on the flip side you have the vast majority of posters on all GAA forums , most of the journos and high stool pundits saying it will be as tight as you get.

Tyrones games so far have been average performances, grinding out results, incapable of forcing it home (v Kildare) . Should of lost out in Hyde park in the end only for a lack of composure by Ross, who probably couldn't believe the position they got themselves in near the end. Donegal beat them fair and square ,exposing their lack of pace at the back several times, mcbrearty ran in and along the line to lay off for second goal as if Tyrone were stuck to the ground.

All said and done , I maintain there will be a lot of people very surprised at how comfortable this is going to be for Mayo.

If football had a decent rule book,it would be Monaghan we wold be facing, of that I have no doubt.Looking back over Tyrone videos, they are a nasty team and people can airbrush that with all the usual horse manure excuse and counter arguments but its the simple truth from Riceys knee on the face to the Armagh lad in 03 to todays Cavanagh  dragging and pullin all day long , their football culture is a nasty cynical one.

We will batter them with speedy football. See ye next week for the who's right result.

Tyrone were always in control against Kildare, were hardly going to be motivated against Roscommon and were comfortable against Monaghan and Meath.  Against Donegal, McBrearty beat Carlin for pace for the goal, apart from that there was no great exposure of a lack of pace. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 20, 2013, 03:46:52 PM

One for me, one for the moth  ;), and two for the pupas.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 20, 2013, 04:02:32 PM

Tyrone were always in control against Kildare, were hardly going to be motivated against Roscommon and were comfortable against Monaghan and Meath.  Against Donegal, McBrearty beat Carlin for pace for the goal, apart from that there was no great exposure of a lack of pace.

Well I seen it different from you then as regards the Donegal game. Look at the end of the day I'm going to have to retire from these aul forums till after the game because either I know way more than everyone else or I'm totally daft and know nothing, I vision the likes of Higgins and Boyle bombing forward and Tyrone just stuck there like in startled gaze, I think we are going to absolutely kill Tyrone , I'm convinced we are miles better than Tyrone .So like I said that's it from me as my opinion sounds so far fetched in here I'm starting to question my sanity, am I seeing things ,how come nobody agrees with me,am I mad , I find myself asking theses questions .Slan

rrhf

I love these teams that know their way around Croke Park.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rrhf on August 20, 2013, 05:16:22 PM
I love these teams that know their way around Croke Park.

It would be interesting to know the % of Senior football A.I. Quarters, Semis and Finals since say 1995 to feature at least one of Mayo, Tyrone, Dublin or Kerry.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 20, 2013, 04:02:32 PM
Were you watching different games than the rest of us?