Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Can't really argue with that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman

sans pessimism

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 01:08:16 PM

Lovely Mayo jersey-must be new,designed specially for the final
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Lar Naparka

Arra, I wouldn't pay too much heed to them bookie fellas.
Sure they have to say something, don't they?
Maybe they're laying off bets big time- probably to some shrewd hoors in Tyrone.
Either they do or they don't; makes no odds because feckin' few will bother to bet anyway.
I was on the phone to the bro in Ballina and I asked him if there was any buzz about the place.
"Ah," sez he, "ya wouldn't know there was a game comin' up at all. An odd flag here and there that someone forget to take down. Most of them couldn't find whadda you call it again on a map, never mind gettin' excited about them."
"Same as that," sez I, "But you'll be welcome to a bed if you bother coming up."
"Arra no," sez he," I'll wait for the game in September before I'd bother me arse going near Dublin."
"Fair enough, " sez I," Sure, I'd be the very same if I was in your shoes. See ya in September then and don't forget to bring a few bob with ya fore the oul' pissup."
"Of course I will," sez he, "Isn't that the reason why things are so quiet down here. Everyone is waiting for the celebrations to start."
"Keep the faith. See ya in September."
"Never lost it yet and I won't be losin' it now."

O'Neill,you're a bloody troll if there ever was one.
Where did ya get these stories about Mayo people leppin' out their skins to have a crack at ye?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

BennyHarp

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 15, 2013, 02:03:05 PM

Arra, I wouldn't pay too much heed to them bookie fellas.
Sure they have to say something, don't they?
Maybe they're laying off bets big time- probably to some shrewd hoors in Tyrone.
Either they do or they don't; makes no odds because feckin' few will bother to bet anyway.
I was on the phone to the bro in Ballina and I asked him if there was any buzz about the place.
"Ah," sez he, "ya wouldn't know there was a game comin' up at all. An odd flag here and there that someone forget to take down. Most of them couldn't find whadda you call it again on a map, never mind gettin' excited about them."
"Same as that," sez I, "But you'll be welcome to a bed if you bother coming up."
"Arra no," sez he," I'll wait for the game in September before I'd bother me arse going near Dublin."
"Fair enough, " sez I," Sure, I'd be the very same if I was in your shoes. See ya in September then and don't forget to bring a few bob with ya fore the oul' pissup."
"Of course I will," sez he, "Isn't that the reason why things are so quiet down here. Everyone is waiting for the celebrations to start."
"Keep the faith. See ya in September."
"Never lost it yet and I won't be losin' it now."

O'Neill,you're a bloody troll if there ever was one.
Where did ya get these stories about Mayo people leppin' out their skins to have a crack at ye?

Typical Mayo arrogance thinking that the rest of us give a shite about a conversation he had with his "bro". Unbelievable!
That was never a square ball!!

iorras

Careful now O'Neill, thats the kind of thing the Evening Herald or Sunday World will pick up on and think is real, before you know it people will be ringing yer man from Ballina who owns the trumpet shop (Ballina Bugles Ltd - "quality horns for all") who his source in the backroom team is

nrico2006

Why pussy foot about?  I am confident of a Tyrone win to be honest, had a good year so far and losing Penrose is a blessing in disguise.  The league is a long time over but when I think back to the Mayo game Tyrone were pretty much in control that day too.  Wee buns
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 15, 2013, 03:50:58 PM
Why pussy foot about?  I am confident of a Tyrone win to be honest, had a good year so far and losing Penrose is a blessing in disguise.  The league is a long time over but when I think back to the Mayo game Tyrone were pretty much in control that day too.  Wee buns
Yeooow....now we're sucking diesel!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: orangeman on August 15, 2013, 09:50:21 AM
Mayo will win this by a bagful but this match doesn't matter.

It's what Mayo do against Dublin or Kerry in the final that matters. Beating Tyrone won't be anything to go shouting from the rooftops about.

True. Mayo have got into a habit of defeating defending All Ireland champions and winning semi finals however can they break the habit of losing All Ireland finals?

nrico2006

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 15, 2013, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 15, 2013, 09:50:21 AM
Mayo will win this by a bagful but this match doesn't matter.

It's what Mayo do against Dublin or Kerry in the final that matters. Beating Tyrone won't be anything to go shouting from the rooftops about.

True. Mayo have got into a habit of defeating defending All Ireland champions and winning semi finals however can they break the habit of losing All Ireland finals?

Tyrone have a good habit of winning All Ireland Semi-Finals too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Good man - 10 tens days to go - time to flick the switch.

Do we fear Mayo - of course we effin don't. Every year we back Mayo when Tyrone go out and what happens? They shite in the nest. The morning of the All-Ireland we're wishing them well. 20 mins in and it's feck Mayo - yiz deserve that hammering.

They could well dung the togs again - fall to pieces like they did against us with 20 mins to go in 2008. Ricey stared them all in the eye and managed to stir their natural tendency towards ineptitude. One wee man from Dromore did that.

Tyrone by 1.

Redhand Santa

Tyrone's experience of winning All Irelands combined with the undoubted motivation given to them by the media/gaa in the last few weeks has to leave us a dangerous team going in next week.

As usual when Tyrone do well the usual has started that the players are no good and its the system etc. But to me a system will only get you so far as has been shown in recent years. To have reached a league final and be in the semi's you have to have decent players too. I think people underestimated this year what a difference a fully fit Sean Cavanagh would do for the team. That combined with the continued development of some of the younger players has brought us on considerably.

I witnessed first hand the Mayo Donegal game and I must admit they were brilliant particularly in the first half. How much of it was down to Donegal we won't know until next week. It will be interesting to see how they cope if Tyrone get the pressure on them and they don't pull away. They haven't played a competitive game since the league. I do think we're generous enough odds at 3/1 but it will take a hell of an effort to get over the line next week.

Syferus

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 15, 2013, 04:42:20 PM
Tyrone's experience of winning All Irelands combined with the undoubted motivation given to them by the media/gaa in the last few weeks has to leave us a dangerous team going in next week.

As usual when Tyrone do well the usual has started that the players are no good and its the system etc. But to me a system will only get you so far as has been shown in recent years. To have reached a league final and be in the semi's you have to have decent players too. I think people underestimated this year what a difference a fully fit Sean Cavanagh would do for the team. That combined with the continued development of some of the younger players has brought us on considerably.

I witnessed first hand the Mayo Donegal game and I must admit they were brilliant particularly in the first half. How much of it was down to Donegal we won't know until next week. It will be interesting to see how they cope if Tyrone get the pressure on them and they don't pull away. They haven't played a competitive game since the league. I do think we're generous enough odds at 3/1 but it will take a hell of an effort to get over the line next week.

Yeah, but seemingly only to yourselves given this week's show-and-tell.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 04:35:22 PM

Good man - 10 tens days to go - time to flick the switch.

Do we fear Mayo - of course we effin don't. Every year we back Mayo when Tyrone go out and what happens? They shite in the nest. The morning of the All-Ireland we're wishing them well. 20 mins in and it's feck Mayo - yiz deserve that hammering.

They could well dung the togs again - fall to pieces like they did against us with 20 mins to go in 2008. Ricey stared them all in the eye and managed to stir their natural tendency towards ineptitude. One wee man from Dromore did that.

Tyrone by 1.

Both teams have a record of

3 times - successful
All other times - "They shite in the nest"

Ricey is as relevent as The Flying Doctor nowadays.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill