Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: Sidney on August 15, 2013, 09:10:03 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 15, 2013, 12:46:55 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2013, 11:09:26 PM
Look if Tyrone are that shittin themselves to play mayo in a game of football,why don't ye fuckoff and not turn up.
You know what, if I was involved in the Tyrone senior set up right now, I wouldn't dismiss that option outright.
"Leak" a rumour at the start of next week that Tyrone may either not bother fielding for the game against Mayo, or field a deliberately weakened side. I mean lets face it, all Mayo have to do apparently is turn up and they'll walk into the final, Tyrone are being written off by pretty much everyone outside of their own county and even within it - (even my own doubts - personally I think Mayo will win by about 4-6 points) e.g. the complete lack of buzz in Tyrone right now no matter what the bitter Derry shitehawks bash away on their keyboards about. May as well take in the occasion to build on for next year. So as I said spread rumours that Tyrone will either not bother to turn up for the throw-in, or field a team of fringe players and/or club players as if it was a challenge game to fight for places in the 2014 panel. A couple of days before most clubs distribute tickets and public panic will set in as they might think that a €40 ticket will only get them into see a MFC curtain raiser and maybe a glorified challenge game, and so not bother going (not going to matter too much in Tyrone, not many look like they will be going anyway). The Tyrone team and the county board can do a simple neither-confirm-nor-deny policy right up almost until throw-in. It'll piss off the GAA, it'll piss off RTE, and in the unlikely event of not fielding the strongest team on the day it'll piss off sponsors but the only ones Tyrone have to try and keep sweet is Hunky Dorys. It'll be a PR disaster and hit the GAA right in the pocket with spectator doubts and those already with tickets trying to offload them. But there is next to nothing HQ in Croke Park will be able to take Tyrone over about it. Let the b**tards be screwed about with for a change.  ;)
Have you been taking PR lessons from the Orange Order by any chance? Why not refuse to speak to everybody, the GAA, RTE, the rest of the media, sponsors etc, communicating only by an intermediary? It'll be like Drumcree all over again.

The rest of the the country is having a great laugh at you.

Funny, there seems to be a few neutrals here who agree the red card is a joke.

Kimbap

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 14, 2013, 10:46:43 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 14, 2013, 08:52:49 PM
Handed out at the Tyrone press night tonight apparently  :-X

I wouldn't be surprised if this is real. It just goes to show how cynical Tyrone really are. It would just be like them  to feign support for a straight red card knowing full well that people would deem that a step too far. This allows them to oppose the black card while maintaining the illusion that they are "tough" on cynicism.

sickening, sickening cynicism. Tyrone are truly a cancer on the game.

What have Mayo got this year that is spooking the shite out of teams and making them implode before a ball is kicked? Rory Gallagher had some comical outburst but that was just one guy showing the strain,at least it can be put down to that.This is on another level altogether,its pretty desperate,has to be said.They must think the rest of the country are beyond dumb.This will backfire big time,just like the Donegal mind games.I must say im enjoying it a bit though,the Mayo players wont even see or hear of this,such is their focus this wont even regeister on the radar.We play to or near our potential,we win,simple as.

orangeman

Mayo will win this by a bagful but this match doesn't matter.

It's what Mayo do against Dublin or Kerry in the final that matters. Beating Tyrone won't be anything to go shouting from the rooftops about.

God14

Was any of the Tyrone posters at the press night last night?

Theoretical question, if an RTE reporter had of travelled up would they have turned him away? Obviously BBC NI reported live from it & I heard there was a big crowd of journalists at it. But just wondering what the RTE position was...

ONeill

That regretful FACT sheet has nothing to do with Mayo and the upcoming game. We've given up any thoughts of defeating the Horan juggernaut.

It seems to be a Tyrone camp v media thingy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 10:04:17 AM
That regretful FACT sheet has nothing to do with Mayo and the upcoming game. We've given up any thoughts of defeating the Horan juggernaut.

Harte has been doing this a lot longer than McGuinness. I am expecting the counter insurgency to be in full flow by tuesday.

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Yep, RTE to uncover illegitimate tea-making ring in Tattyreagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2013, 10:17:45 AM
So Rafa is from Tyrone? Who knew?

In that case I hope we don't score 3 goals in the 1st half.
MWWSI 2017

SuperHo

them feckin darcys hi be in everythin

has anyone told the mayo squad that cromwell is dead?

muppet

Quote from: SuperHo on August 15, 2013, 10:29:13 AM

them feckin darcys hi be in everythin

has anyone told the mayo squad that cromwell is dead?

The plan is to tell them in October.
MWWSI 2017

Bensars

Quote from: muppet on August 15, 2013, 10:08:08 AM

Harte has been doing this a lot longer than McGuinness. I am expecting the counter insurgency to be in full flow by tuesday.

Correct. The somewhat unprofessional finish has allowed it to be ridiculed in some quarters and gained much more attention than a fully polished document. Most media sources commenting on it, whether good or bad !

screenexile

Quote from: Bensars on August 15, 2013, 11:03:52 AM

Correct. The somewhat unprofessional finish has allowed it to be ridiculed in some quarters and gained much more attention than a fully polished document. Most media sources commenting on it, whether good or bad !

Production of any kind of document like that was always going to draw ridicule!!! Silly sill mistake which makes Tyrone look petty and naive.

They maybe felt they had to comment (The siege mentality) but the reality is they should have mounted a charm offensive with Cavanagh and Harte and any player who can handle himself in the media dismissing the Brolly/cynical fouling thing as a minor incident that hasn't affected their preparations for the Mayo game.

Most people have conceded that Brolly shouldn't have singled out Tyrone about the cynical fouling and now Tyrone have just placed themselves front and centre of the debate!!!  Very silly move imho

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 10:10:25 AM
I thought everyone was illeg ileg imgel ah, a bunch of mad busterds up there. ;D

(Memo to myself: Stop reading what lawnseed is putting up here. His way of spelling things might be contagious.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on August 15, 2013, 11:49:07 AM
Quote from: Bensars on August 15, 2013, 11:03:52 AM

Production of any kind of document like that was always going to draw ridicule!!! Silly sill mistake which makes Tyrone look petty and naive.

They maybe felt they had to comment (The siege mentality) but the reality is they should have mounted a charm offensive with Cavanagh and Harte and any player who can handle himself in the media dismissing the Brolly/cynical fouling thing as a minor incident that hasn't affected their preparations for the Mayo game.

Most people have conceded that Brolly shouldn't have singled out Tyrone about the cynical fouling and now Tyrone have just placed themselves front and centre of the debate!!!  Very silly move imho

To be honest Brolly was correct in his logic of choosing Tyrone, they're the big boys and took cynical play to a new level of systematic brilliance. Just making a generic statement on cynical play has far less impact than really digging into what the actions of one of the most influential counties in the last twenty years really have meant.

Clearly Tyrone are big enough to defend themselves and, yes, they should have to defend themselves, even if they've done so in an all-time questionable manner.