'We also invented the telephone & piston engine.'
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tubberman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 14, 2013, 08:52:49 PM
Handed out at the Tyrone press night tonight apparently  :-X

Looks like the work of the man from strabane
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Saffrongael

Jesus that's pathetic, who thought that was a good idea ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on August 14, 2013, 09:18:09 PM

Or Rafa Benitez!!! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

This is a most welcomed development from a Mayo perspective. 8) Ye know ye have a game on Sunday week lads?!

Sandy Hill

Would love to see a breakdown of fouls by type! Compare lifting the ball off the ground with a rugby type tackle---both fouls.
"Stercus accidit"

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 14, 2013, 09:31:30 PM
Jesus that's pathetic, who thought that was a good idea ?

Foolish and like Rafa Benitez they are not helping themselves.

EC Unique

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 14, 2013, 09:34:37 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 14, 2013, 09:18:09 PM

Or Rafa Benitez!!! ;D

Best read with Logie's accent and whistling every s.

babarino

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 14, 2013, 09:37:33 PM
Would love to see a breakdown of fouls by type! Compare lifting the ball off the ground with a rugby type tackle---both fouls.

+1

It's not how often but how significant the cynicism is at a particular stage of the game. While there is a certain antipathy to Ulster or 'the north' among many southerners, it's wrong to say this is generally the case. This 'anti-Tyrone' feeling has arisen from how good they are at it.

A red or black card doesn't make much difference in the last few minutes of the game. The arguments against the black card are valid. It won't make much difference. The only thing I can see that will stop a rugby tackle, when a player is one on one with the keeper is a penalty goal. Another suggestion by the head of the Munster board, from Kerry I think, was also interesting - legalise the 'rugby tackle.

BennyHarp

They have a point that a red card should be given for cynical fouls. The black card will be a farce!
That was never a square ball!!

tyssam5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQI-h0JYRRg

On 5 minutes: 'bate away lads, good honest hurling there, no need for any CCCC'.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 14, 2013, 10:22:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQI-h0JYRRg

On 5 minutes: 'bate away lads, good honest hurling there, no need for any CCCC'.

Surely Lorcan McLoughlin couldn't have played in the All Ireland semi final after the CCCC reviewed that incident? Could he?
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

Quote from: babarino on August 14, 2013, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 14, 2013, 09:37:33 PM

+1

It's not how often but how significant the cynicism is at a particular stage of the game. While there is a certain antipathy to Ulster or 'the north' among many southerners, it's wrong to say this is generally the case. This 'anti-Tyrone' feeling has arisen from how good they are at it.

A red or black card doesn't make much difference in the last few minutes of the game. The arguments against the black card are valid. It won't make much difference. The only thing I can see that will stop a rugby tackle, when a player is one on one with the keeper is a penalty goal. Another suggestion by the head of the Munster board, from Kerry I think, was also interesting - legalise the 'rugby tackle.

I think it's pretty clear what 'have been fouled' and 'have fouled the opposition' means. Surely you're not going to be 'cynical' about this letter, eh?

This particular Tyrone team has been blackened by the sort of unfounded statement that I have highlighted in your comment about the anti-Tyrone feeling.  And when you have the Southern media backing it up, you have a huge anti-Tyrone GAA feeling amongst a hell of a lot of people-I have seen it here in Limerick this past few weeks-a neutral county in the debate.  It's very disheartening after the general goodwill that there was round here in 2005, 2008.

You can talk about whingeing and moaning, etc. but there is something more serious at play here where you have elite amateur athletes being consistently dragged over the coals and publicly tainted on one team only!.  We're sick to the teeth of the double standards at this stage.

It simply wouldn't happen in hurling and while Pat Spillane and Colm O'Rourke aren't saying much these days, they have a lot to answer for by whinging and cribbing through grimaces about aspects of play that they didn't like in the previous decade-God, we'll miss Michael michael o muircheartaigh!     

I'm not surprised that someone has felt compelled to put out this pamphlet.   

Aaron Boone

As an aside, those facts are actual facts.