Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I was looking at the programme for the 2001 fuball final there and I see a good few Tyrone players from the minor team made it including out half Sean Cavanagh.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 14, 2013, 03:04:38 PM
Jaysus, this thread has been great craic. Tyronies, lighten up again please!

Feck off Farr, no room here for levity!  :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wee Roddy

The Tyrone senior team are being set up big time by the hierarchy of the GAA. I have seen this sort of victimisation happen at club level and it only ends one way.........If a few refereeing calls go against them at the start of the game it turns into a very dangerous situation both on the field and off it. Tyrone, like every county, are very passionate about their football. They see it as a means of life and at the minute they feel the world is against them. Take a trawl through Twitter and Facebook to get a flavour of the anger that is within the county. The rights or wrongs off what Conor did are not the issue. The point is that Tyrone are being treated different to every other county. I just hope and pray that what I think may happen doesn't!

ballinaman

The world is against Tyrone right now. These are some of the scenes around the world following the ban announcement...

Kazakhstan

North Carolina, USA

Moscow

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ballinaman on August 14, 2013, 03:35:34 PM
The world is against Tyrone right now. These are some of the scenes around the world following the ban announcement...

Kazakhstan

North Carolina, USA

Moscow

Hahaha

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 14, 2013, 03:04:38 PM
Jaysus, this thread has been great craic. Tyronies, lighten up again please!
Arra, Farr, it's mighty to see you've snapped out of it.
Hundreds of thousands of Mayo supporters worldwide were starting to get fierce worried that you'd never have pep in your step again.
If you had stayed even one more day down in the dumps, assloads of get-well-soon cards would be on their way to you. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 14, 2013, 03:22:58 PM
The Tyrone senior team are being set up big time by the hierarchy of the GAA. I have seen this sort of victimisation happen at club level and it only ends one way.........If a few refereeing calls go against them at the start of the game it turns into a very dangerous situation both on the field and off it. Tyrone, like every county, are very passionate about their football. They see it as a means of life and at the minute they feel the world is against them. Take a trawl through Twitter and Facebook to get a flavour of the anger that is within the county. The rights or wrongs off what Conor did are not the issue. The point is that Tyrone are being treated different to every other county. I just hope and pray that what I think may happen doesn't!

What do you think is going to happen? Will Mayo folk be safe to take their seats?
Ye take the Hogan, we'll take the Cusack, the Canal end will have to be no-man's land.
Instead of a football match we'll have a parade, followed by a rally, followed by a mass. Forget the football, it's far too late for that. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

nrico2006

I think that the differing opinions on the video evidence speaks volumes - the footage is inconclusive and nobody can be 100% sure of exactly what happened.  In that case, surely Gormleys ban cannot be upheld.  How did Connolly and Miskella get off?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Captain Obvious

Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2013, 11:39:11 AM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on August 14, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
Tyrone will beat Mayo.
Conor Gormley or no Conor Gormley.
For the Simple reason its getting close to the 3rd Sunday in September and them Mayo lads will be oozing from the anus.
Tyrone to win by 1/2 pts, We should just let Mayo at it in the semi final on their own there normally the masters of their own undoing at that time of the year.
If you were to tell me at the start of the year that Tyrone were to avoid Dublin Kerry Cork before the All Ireland Final id have bit your arm of for that route, and Tyrone squad know that more than anyone at this stage they had the favorable draw at this stage.
If Mickey Harte can get this current Tyrone side to an All Ireland Final on top of their National League final appearance il take my hat of to him id be more fearful of Dublin and Kerry than i would of Mayo.

I don't understand how some people call themselves GAA people when they clearly don't even have a knowledge of past results. Just to clear it up for you, in my time anyway.
Semi final reults.

1985 v Dublin draw/lose
1988 v meath lose
1989 v Tyrone win
1992 v doneal lose
1993v Cork lose
1996 v Kerry win
1997 v Offaly win
1999 v Cork lose
2004 v Fermanagh draw/win
2006 v Dublin win
2011 v Kerry lose
2012 v Dublin win

I think thats 50/50 if i'm correct and not left any out, whatever it is it makes your post invalid.
1993 v

First semi final,championship win in Croke park since 1951?

Rossfan

I presume this is a windup  ;)
If not you've got some problem Roddeen
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

There we go Tyrone's staple . . .the Siege Mentality!!

rosnarun

how are the 'rights or wrongs off what Conor ' not the issue if he did wrong then he deserves the ban if he didn't do wrong the you may have a point.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fuzzman

There definitely is history here being repeated by the CCCC and Tyrone.
There has been a few incidents before where a Tyrone player has been called up using video evidence but it has been quashed due to the unfair selection of one incident over another.

In my eyes Mone & Penrose were at it all day long and then a few others react to Mone during the game including Gormley. As they were walking off at half time Penrose & McAdam were pushing & shoving and so Mone who was nowhere near them comes over to get involved. Gormley grabs his arm and starts off to try to push his hands away but he certainly seems to try to hit him in the face with his own hands and carry through with his own. The linesman that was walking towards them must have saw this and in real time it did look like a punch and that's why so many thought Gormley would get a red card and not Penrose.
Even in very slow mo its hard to make out what happened and so I was pretty sure he would get away with it. If it had of been the other way round then I'd be livid with Mone but to me Conor was silly to throw his hand at his face so forcefully.

I reckon he will get off due to the unfair process of picking on some players (or counties) and not others. I wonder is this the CCCC's way of getting back at Tyrone for their repeated cynical fouling this year.
I'd say Mayo aren't too worried either way if he plays or not as they believe they'll win easy enough

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2013, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

There we go Tyrone's staple . . .the Siege Mentality!!
I love the Ulster camaraderie

Crete Boom

Can we start painting the bales of silage green and red yet and is it too soon to start selling the justice for Connor Gormley t-shirts?