Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on August 14, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
Tyrone will beat Mayo.
Conor Gormley or no Conor Gormley.
For the Simple reason its getting close to the 3rd Sunday in September and them Mayo lads will be oozing from the anus.
Tyrone to win by 1/2 pts, We should just let Mayo at it in the semi final there normally the masters of their own undoing at that too.
If you were to tell me at the start of the year that Tyrone were to avoid Dublin Kerry Cork before the All Ireland Final id have bit your arm of for that route, and Tyrone squad know that more than anyone at this stage they had the favorable draw at this stage.
If Mickey Harte can get this current Tyrone side to an All Ireland Final on top of their National League final appearance il take my hat of to him id be more fearful of Dublin and Kerry than i would of Mayo.

You're off your head.

babarino

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 09:48:21 AM

• Mone came racing over (completely needlessly), and went through Gormley to get whinging and bleating at the ref
  • Gormley wasn't too happy about that (would you be?), and in a controlled fashion pushed Mone's flailing arms right back at him; his fist appeared to be closed at the end of that manoeuvre simply because of the grip he had of Mone's arm
  • Mone didn't flinch, in stark contradistinction to moments later and his pathetic simulation after Penrose caught him on the shoulder
  • The red mist descended on Penrose and he had to walk, not so with Gormley
  • Can someone point me to the new rule that states it's possible for person A to strike person B with a part of person B's own body (even though it was a push, albeit a forceful push)?
  • What have the CCC discerned that the officials missed, with Gormley, since it happened right under the officials' noses?
  • Why has it taken one whole week for the CCC to issue their sanction (they viewed the 'evidence' on Tuesday 6th August, if I'm not mistaken)?
  • Some of the viewers (hereon) of that video clip could do with a visit to Specsavers!  :P

Who's whinging and bleating now? I suggest you get in touch with Brolly's mammy to get him to contact his BBC video editor mate to prepare your appeal. Or else 'suck it up' as you say yourself.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 10:41:47 AM
Maybe the ref was amazed Gormley would try something so daft in front of him, and gave him the benefit of the doubt.?Then Penrose tried it and walked

FFS, cop on!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rodney trotter

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 10:43:37 AM
Maybe the ref was amazed Gormley would try something so daft in front of him, and gave him the benefit of the doubt.?Then Penrose tried it and walked

If you can't see it was a sending off, then maybe a visit to specsavers.

The Trap

It would be unbelievably harsh if Tyrone were to lose Penrose and Gormley for the bit of handbags that went on. Looking at the Miskella and Connolly incidents they should both get off. The start of the second half in the Cork v Kilkenny hurling match was much worse yet nothing happened.
I have to say there has been a lot of apathy in Tyrone so far this year with supporters not turning out in huge numbers. I would say this is not the best Tyrone team we have seen and they do not play an attractive brand of football but you do have to say they have done remarkably well to get to the last 4 and are getting the very best out of themselves so all credit to them and the management.
The fact that they are doing this in the face of the media vilification coming their way, this proposed ban of Gormley and that they are facing a very good (not unbeatable) Mayo side should really build a siege mentality within the squad and hopefully within the county. Tyrone people should turn out in force on the 25th and give the team their backing. Its us against the world............

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 10:45:43 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 10:43:37 AM

If you can't see it was a sending off, then maybe a visit to specsavers.

Get a job in the circus, with all those hoops you can jump through. Would get you out for a while.

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Trap on August 14, 2013, 10:46:52 AM
It would be unbelievably harsh if Tyrone were to lose Penrose and Gormley for the bit of handbags that went on. Looking at the Miskella and Connolly incidents they should both get off. The start of the second half in the Cork v Kilkenny hurling match was much worse yet nothing happened.
I have to say there has been a lot of apathy in Tyrone so far this year with supporters not turning out in huge numbers. I would say this is not the best Tyrone team we have seen and they do not play an attractive brand of football but you do have to say they have done remarkably well to get to the last 4 and are getting the very best out of themselves so all credit to them and the management.
The fact that they are doing this in the face of the media vilification coming their way, this proposed ban of Gormley and that they are facing a very good (not unbeatable) Mayo side should really build a siege mentality within the squad and hopefully within the county. Tyrone people should turn out in force on the 25th and give the team their backing. Its us against the world............

Fcuk it, I'm wearing my red and white paper cap all day today!!!
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: babarino on August 14, 2013, 10:43:14 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 09:48:21 AM

• Mone came racing over (completely needlessly), and went through Gormley to get whinging and bleating at the ref
  • Gormley wasn't too happy about that (would you be?), and in a controlled fashion pushed Mone's flailing arms right back at him; his fist appeared to be closed at the end of that manoeuvre simply because of the grip he had of Mone's arm
  • Mone didn't flinch, in stark contradistinction to moments later and his pathetic simulation after Penrose caught him on the shoulder
  • The red mist descended on Penrose and he had to walk, not so with Gormley
  • Can someone point me to the new rule that states it's possible for person A to strike person B with a part of person B's own body (even though it was a push, albeit a forceful push)?
  • What have the CCC discerned that the officials missed, with Gormley, since it happened right under the officials' noses?
  • Why has it taken one whole week for the CCC to issue their sanction (they viewed the 'evidence' on Tuesday 6th August, if I'm not mistaken)?
  • Some of the viewers (hereon) of that video clip could do with a visit to Specsavers!  :P

Who's whinging and bleating now? I suggest you get in touch with Brolly's mammy to get him to contact his BBC video editor mate to prepare your appeal. Or else 'suck it up' as you say yourself.

The full-time whistle hasn't blown on this little episode, yet!

sans pessimism

Tyrone will beat Mayo.
For the Simple reason its getting close to the 3rd Sunday in September and them Mayo lads will be oozing from the anus.
Tyrone to win by 1/2 pts, We should just let Mayo at it in the semi final on their own there normally the masters of their own undoing at that time of the year.
If you were to tell me at the start of the year that Tyrone were to avoid Dublin Kerry Cork before the All Ireland Final id have bit your arm of for that route, and Tyrone squad know that more than anyone at this stage they had the favorable draw at this stage.
If Mickey Harte can get this current Tyrone side to an All Ireland Final on top of their National League final appearance il take my hat of to him id be more fearful of Dublin and Kerry than i would of Mayo.
cliche alert!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

larryin89

Tyrone will beat Mayo.
Tyrone to win by 1/2 pts, We should just let Mayo at it in the semi final on their own there normally the masters of their own undoing at that time of the year.

I don't understand how some people call themselves GAA people when they clearly don't even have a knowledge of past results. Just to clear it up for you, in my time anyway.
Semi final reults.

1985 v Dublin draw/lose
1988 v meath lose
1989 v Tyrone win
1992 v doneal lose
1993v Cork lose
1996 v Kerry win
1997 v Offaly win
1999 v Cork lose
2004 v Fermanagh draw/win
2006 v Dublin win
2011 v Kerry lose
2012 v Dublin win

I think thats 50/50 if i'm correct and not left any out, whatever it is it makes your post invalid.
1993 v
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on August 14, 2013, 10:34:46 AM
Quote from: sheamy on August 14, 2013, 10:20:45 AM
Dessie Mone must have been watching this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rspuum4kY

HaHa. That's brilliant. I haven't seen anything like that since 1996.
Well, I'm not falling for that one... ;D
But if I were a moany tyronie, I'd think of poor Brian Dooher and his head, Martin O'Connell and his boot and tell ya to eff off to where you came from.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 14, 2013, 09:31:11 AM
Gormley has never done anything accidentally in his life.
I'd say if you walked into the incubator room a couple of hours after he was born, it would have been full of crying babies, with him staring angelically up at you as if to say, 'What? I didn't touch them.'

Were the officials blinded by the sun or what ?

Is that the Meath ospital ? You Meath boys are at it again.

Colm Keys– 14 August 2013

Conor Gormley looks set to miss Tyrone's All-Ireland semi-final against Mayo next week after the GAA's disciplinary arm charged him with striking Monaghan's Dessie Mone as the players made their way off the field at half-time in their quarter-final.

The same flashpoint will already keep Martin Penrose out of the Mayo match -- he was red-carded just before the start of the second half. But the potential loss of Gormley really compounds Tyrone's problems.

The Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) reviewed the incident and contacted match referee Cormac Reilly to ascertain whether or not he had dealt with the incident.

It is understood that neither Reilly nor his officials saw the incident and that opened up the prospect of laying a charge against Gormley, although Tyrone say they have yet to be notified.

Gormley appeared to catch Mone with his hand, but Tyrone are likely to seek a hearing on behalf of the player in the coming days.

Meanwhile, the head of referees in Meath, former inter-county goalkeeper Donal Smyth, has warned that abuse of referees is on the rise in the county once again.

Smyth made his comments to a county board meeting on Monday night, when a delegate claimed that a referee has been getting abusive calls to his house phone in recent weeks.

Hardy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 14, 2013, 11:51:51 AM

But if I were a moany tyronie, I'd think of poor Brian Dooher and his head, Martin O'Connell and his boot and tell ya to eff off to where you came from.

Lar, you're looking for fight all the time these days. Is it the tension of overwhelming favouritism or has someone spiked your porridge?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2013, 11:39:11 AM
Tyrone will beat Mayo.

I don't understand how some people call themselves GAA people when they clearly don't even have a knowledge of past results. Just to clear it up for you, in my time anyway.
Semi final reults.

1985 v Dublin draw/lose
1988 v meath lose
1989 v Tyrone win
1992 v doneal lose
1993v Cork lose
1996 v Kerry win
1997 v Offaly win
1999 v Cork lose
2004 v Fermanagh draw/win
2006 v Dublin win
2011 v Kerry lose
2012 v Dublin win

I think thats 50/50 if i'm correct and not left any out, whatever it is it makes your post invalid.
1993 v

Wasn't on about All Ireland Semis specifically, i just meant in general in All Ireland series semi or final, hot air blows them up year after year with the amount of successful campaigns in their own Provence but fair to deliver year after year. Why would this year be any Different? They had it won last year after Dublin aswell and again went down the road empty handed.
Im staying gimme Mayo in an all Ireland semi final any day of the week with their record rather than Dublin or Kerry!   
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on August 14, 2013, 12:05:33 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 14, 2013, 11:51:51 AM

Lar, you're looking for fight all the time these days. Is it the tension of overwhelming favouritism or has someone spiked your porridge?
Remember '96.
That's all you need to know. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi