Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: TY14ED on August 13, 2013, 10:09:40 PM
Conor hit with 1 month ban for his, 'get out of my face Dessie', strike last day out.

I'd say Gormley must be delighted, sure he'd only be running around after the Mayo lads anyway, would probably be knackered by half time  ;)

Seriously though, whatever about him deserving a ban, it's seems unfair that he alone was selected for retrospective punishment out of all the incidents that have happened over the summer - I don't think this has happened to anyone else this year??

muppet

Crazy as it sounds, I agree with the lads who say he pushed Mone's hand away and it looked like a punch.

Gormley and Tyrone are unlucky in this case. Saying Gormley has form (I would guess with just about every big county) is irrelevant as each case has to be dealt with on its own merits.

We tackle aggressively and could easily lose a man for a big game this way. If this happened to us we would not be happy.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I reckon Barry Mc Elduff should protest by surfing on a Police Landrover

sam03/05

This is a disgrace
Gormley pushed Mone, he pushed his hand back - nothing more.
Watch the incident. This kinda thing happens in every game, every week.
How can anyone watch that incident and say he punched.

Tyrone must appeal this.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2013, 03:02:06 AM
Quote from: caraghtyrone on August 14, 2013, 01:33:32 AM
Quote from: caraghtyrone on August 14, 2013, 01:29:18 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 13, 2013, 11:24:49 PM
If ever a player got his comeuppance.

I see you hail from Mr Brollys County.....an seems your also a little jealous of the "rattle" of Conors Celtic Crosses in his pocket!

Love to know what you think your Derry nos 5 or 6 from 1993 would have done in Sean Cavanaghs situation or even Conor Gormleys?

I will reserve judgement on the issue when we see the stats on the CCC's usage of Video evidence and how many have been punished or escaped.

Id say Tyrones "friends" in the RTE just couldnt wait to hand over the video to the CCC, considering theres little communication or co operation from the Tyrone GAA in relation to the media ban.

P.S. No matter what is said or happens Sunday week...its still great to be Flying the flag for Ulster Football in the last 4

Whilst Mayo fly the flag for Mayo. Ye should really get over the whole Ulster thing, really does my head in, you're a county not a province.

It's a myth. Derry men don't support Tyrone and vice versa. Cheers for the investigation btw. Come join us on the Derry board :)

shezam

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 14, 2013, 06:43:23 AM
This is a disgrace

Tyrone must appeal this.

EC Unique

Quote from: shezam on August 14, 2013, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: sam03/05 on August 14, 2013, 06:43:23 AM
This is a disgrace

Tyrone must appeal this.

Tyrone will appeal this and will win the appeal once again proving this system a joke.

rrhf

Rule haven't changed since the diarmuid Connolly so I expect Gormley to be allowed to play. Anything else gives success to the media campaign this year started by an enthused brolly which he subsequently ran away from. It cannot be allowed to dictate who plays o all Ireland semi finals or as in previous cases finals.

blewuporstuffed

i remember Miskella getting caught clear as day on camera in the 2009 semi final throwing punch at mcguigan and there was no chance of him getting suspended for the All ireland semi final.
what is the critera for reviewing video evidence of an incident?? is it just RTE that decide that?

Agree with the comment about the Connelly one a couple of years ago aswell, if the same rules are applied here, then this should be overturned.
However it seems that the same rules arent always applied depending who the offender is, and what side the media take
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

What amazes me is that a few lads sat down, watched this clip and then decided - yea, that's a one month ban.

Who are these men? Are their names known?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2013, 08:22:50 AM
What amazes me is that a few lads sat down, watched this clip and then decided - yea, that's a one month ban.

Was the chairman not a Tyrone man recently? Is he still there?

More importantly I'd like to know what there policy is for using video evidence. The counties deserve to know. Why was Paul Galvins punch in the Munster final ignored but Gormleys push was picked out? This is a victory for the anti Tyrone media war currently going on.

ONeill

I assume it's a category 2 offence:

Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman, or Sideline Official: Striking or attempting to strike with hurley (minimal force); Kicking or attempting to kick (minimal Force); Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand or knee, Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent; Spitting at an opponent; Contributing to a melee.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 14, 2013, 08:26:51 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2013, 08:22:50 AM

Was the chairman not a Tyrone man recently? Is he still there?

More importantly I'd like to know what there policy is for using video evidence. The counties deserve to know. Why was Paul Galvins punch in the Munster final ignored but Gormleys push was picked out? This is a victory for the anti Tyrone media war currently going on.

Seamus Woods? He's finished now.
Was never one to agree with some of Tyrone's previous appeals, but I hope to f**k they appeal this joke of a decision. 

ONeill

Given the ban is only to be proposed, Gormley can take his case to the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) who will decide whether or not to uphold the one-match ban, and even after that Gormley can go to the Central Appeals Committee (CAC).

God14

Im not letting myself get too wound up about this decision. Its a farce, and from looking at recent precedent id be fairly certain that Conor will be lining out come 3.30pm on August 25.