Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

Mickey Ned whinging after Kerry minors get beaten.  That is hardly anything new.  Tipperary got plenty experience of that last year.  Just a pity we did not beat them again this year.  He is as sore a loser as you you will see.

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 09, 2013, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 09, 2013, 10:20:17 AM
Just for the craic Mike go to the tg4 website and watch GAA 2013 from Monday evening. It won't take too long as the Tyrone v Kerry minor QF is the first game. In the second half of extra time a Tyrone player skillfully weaves his way into the Kerry square (almost kingdom-esqe, if I may be so bold) and rounds the Keeper who unceremoniously drags him down Brian O'Driscoll style. This young Tyrone lad was on the cusp of scoring a famous goal for himself and his county yet cynical play denied him his moment in the sun. Needless to say the penalty was missed which could have thwarted the efforts of 30 young fellas trying to capture the Tom Markham. However, our poor young lads stood tall and fought off the dastardly men from the south to march on to victory.

Don't say it too loud but I heard this sort of stuff is regularly being coached in the south west corner of Ireland, however, I for one would never believe a man in green and gold would never lower himself to such actions ;)

It was a great effort from the 13 young fellas from Tyrone to beat the 15 from Kerry too.  Imagine the damage done if we had the full 15 on the pitch.

They didn't get sent off for being too gentle.

What goes around comes around. Ros aren't some girlish Munster team ye can bully with your monstrous ways.

nrico2006

Kerry teams and fans don't seem to take their beatings too well. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bod Mor

Such feckin thread hijacking! I never saw the likes of it.

Is nobody going to mention Dublin at all?  ;)
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

heffo

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 09, 2013, 01:04:55 PM
Kerry teams and fans don't seem to take their beatings too well.

Fair bit of whinging after being beaten by Down in 2010 and Dubs in 2011

Syferus

Quote from: Bod Mor on August 09, 2013, 01:21:28 PM

Is nobody going to mention Dublin at all?  ;)

At least our match against Tyrone might be competitive. No promises, though.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bod Mor on August 09, 2013, 01:21:28 PM

Apologies, I fed the troll too much!  :( ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Whishtup

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 09, 2013, 12:35:24 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2013, 12:21:33 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 09, 2013, 12:06:56 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2013, 12:01:25 AM
Are you denying what Joe Brolly said about it being coached into your minor teams ?

Joe Brolly who's a northerner, and for whom you haven't the time of day (bullshit).

As I mentioned on another thread, my primary gripe with northerners is a lack of sportsmanship.

...and I would hope that people can see the connection between a lack of sportsmanship and how that can filter down to the willingness to employ any means necessary to win an U-14 game ?

That's a mighty big glasshouse crystal palace you're flinging those stones from...

"Caid was especially popular in rural areas, such as the Dingle Peninsula of Kerry[1] and Eigeen in west Cork. One observer in the mid-19th century, Father W. Ferris, described two main forms of caid during this period: the "field game" in which the object was to put the ball through arch-like goals, formed from the boughs of two trees, and; the epic "cross-country game" which took up most of the daylight hours of a Sunday on which it was played, and was won by one team taking the ball across a parish boundary. Both of these were rough and tumble contact sports in which "wrestling", pushing and the holding of opposing players was allowed. It was usually played by teams of unlimited numbers, representing communities, until a clear result was achieved or the players became too exhausted to continue."

It's in the blood.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I'm adding to the hijacking here slightly, but just for those who seem to think what "Mike Sheehy" posts here represents the general views of the average Kerry football fan, it does not...not when it comes to opinions on Ulster for sure anyway. I won't elaborate here, but just had to say that.

Now, here's hoping pure footballing Mayo triumph over these horribly cynical Throne hoors.  :P
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Wildweasel74

I actually like Mike giving it large on here!

orangeman

Although highly unlikely, it will make for interesting times if Tyrone were to incredibly beat Mayo in the semi final.

There'd be some scattering match then.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 10, 2013, 08:25:21 AM
I'm adding to the hijacking here slightly, but just for those who seem to think what "Mike Sheehy" posts here represents the general views of the average Kerry football fan, it does not...not when it comes to opinions on Ulster for sure anyway. I won't elaborate here, but just had to say that.

Now, here's hoping pure footballing Mayo triumph over these horribly cynical Throne hoors.  :P
+100 on both counts.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

orangeman

I reckon if Tyrone bate Mayo and got to the All Ireland final, there'd only be about 25,000 at it.

Brolly and all his supporters wouldn't go.

The clubs in Tyrone would be sending tickets back flat out.

The GAA might declare the winners of the following week's semi final as the winner of Sam in 2013.

You just couldn't afford for Tyrone to win another game. I'd say the ref has already been well "briefed".

Get rid of the Tyronies at all costs. It'll save a lot of egg on one's face etc etc etc.