Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Those Donegal buckos are filling you with hot air Lar. There is barely a whisper about this game in the county and as Fionn said there's barely a flag about the place.

If we are going to have any chance in this game then we are going to have to curtail the influence of AO'S. To do this our kick outs are going to have to be top notch. This i probably one of Packie's weaker areas as he tends to boom his kick outs down the middle. He found his men well last week but Monaghan made this task easier the way they  lined out. We will miss Niall Morgan here as his kickouts were, imo, underated. He was able to be very accurate over long distances but with a much lower trajectory which negates the influence of a high fielder.

Redhand Santa

I'm not sure i agree with the comments that this is a year early for Tyrone. We're in a semi final and to me we might not get a better chance for another few years to win one. We need to make the most of the time we have gormley, o'neill, Cavanagh and McMahon available for.

We've showed a great ability to grind out results all year and I've a feeling we could be just about to peak at the right time. People keep saying we don't have the player like 08 to push on. But if you look back to July of that year people no longer thought we had the players then and hence the fact we were such underdogs against an unbeatable Dublin team. We were expected to get hammered in 2 league games v the dubs this year and stood up well in both them.

So I've decided frig the gloom there's an all Ireland to be won and no better man to deliver it than Harte lead by the excellence of the experienced players above and the young guns such as Harte Donnelly and r o'neill.

Mike Sheehy

What I don't understand about Tyrone is the way they feel the need to coach their youngsters to cheat and drag men down. If they have the natural talent they claim they have then surely this would not be necessary ?

..or is it any means necessary ala Sean Cavanagh ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 08, 2013, 11:00:50 PM
I'm not sure i agree with the comments that this is a year early for Tyrone. We're in a semi final and to me we might not get a better chance for another few years to win one. We need to make the most of the time we have gormley, o'neill, Cavanagh and McMahon available for.

We've showed a great ability to grind out results all year and I've a feeling we could be just about to peak at the right time. People keep saying we don't have the player like 08 to push on. But if you look back to July of that year people no longer thought we had the players then and hence the fact we were such underdogs against an unbeatable Dublin team. We were expected to get hammered in 2 league games v the dubs this year and stood up well in both them.

So I've decided frig the gloom there's an all Ireland to be won and no better man to deliver it than Harte lead by the excellence of the experienced players above and the young guns such as Harte Donnelly and r o'neill.

That's the talk. Tyrone are in Bonus territory. Bar winning an Anglo Celt,  a good run in the Championship has most fans would be happy with the season so far.

Boghopper

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2013, 11:23:22 PM
What I don't understand about Tyrone is the way they feel the need to coach their youngsters to cheat and drag men down. If they have the natural talent they claim they have then surely this would not be necessary ?

Spot the WUM boring!

Fear ón Srath Bán

If it's any means necessary it'll be à la Tadhg Kennelly!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Boghopper on August 08, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

Spot the WUM boring!

Are you denying what Joe Brolly said about it being coached into your minor teams ?

Seriously, where  is it going to stop ? What is the point of young lads in the mould of  gooch taking the field at all if
you lads are just going to cheat to counteract his natural talent ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2013, 12:01:25 AM
Are you denying what Joe Brolly said about it being coached into your minor teams ?

Joe Brolly who said he was never the victim of a cynical tackle (bullshit).

Joe Brolly who said he had nothing to apologise for after traducing Cavanagh (bullshit, he rang him to apologise yesterday).

Joe Brolly who's apoplectic with glee on the sideline as his beloved Dungiven cynically foul their way to another victory (bullshit).

Joe Brolly who's a northerner, and for whom you haven't the time of day (bullshit).

Joe Brolly who's full of bullshit.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 09, 2013, 12:06:56 AM

Joe Brolly who said he was never the victim of a cynical tackle (bullshit).

Joe Brolly who said he had nothing to apologise for after traducing Cavanagh (bullshit, he rang him to apologise yesterday).

Joe Brolly who's apoplectic with glee on the sideline as his beloved Dungiven cynically foul their way to another victory (bullshit).

Joe Brolly who's a northerner, and for whom you haven't the time of day (bullshit).

Joe Brolly who's full of bullshit.

Joe Brolly is certainly very late in seeing the truth but that does not negate what he is saying. There is no point to a competitive contest if the primary tactic of one side is to bypass the rules of the contest.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Boghopper on August 08, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

Spot the WUM boring!

Seriously, where  is it going to stop ? What is the point of young lads in the mould of  gooch taking the field at all if
you lads are just going to cheat to counteract his natural talent ?
Nick Murphy wud be a man you'd need to talk to
about his views on YE  counteracting natural talent....
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

macdanger2

There's easily 100+ pages in this one

25 by Sunday,
Slowing a bit next week but still adding 10 more
Notching up a further 30+ in the last week until throw in
And at least 40 between the game and aftermath

Syferus

It's mighty for the Ros, anyways. We might not get broke in half by these animistic Tyrone minors now.

Mike Sheehy

As I mentioned on another thread, my primary gripe with northerners is a lack of sportsmanship.

...and I would hope that people can see the connection between a lack of sportsmanship and how that can filter down to the willingness to employ any means necessary to win an U-14 game ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2013, 12:21:33 AM

As I mentioned on another thread, my primary gripe with northerners is a lack of sportsmanship.

...and I would hope that people can see the connection between a lack of sportsmanship and how that can filter down to the willingness to employ any means necessary to win an U-14 game ?

That's a mighty big glasshouse crystal palace you're flinging those stones from...

Mike Sheehy

Well, if you teach your youngsters cynical ways it won't stop at the white line. Your society
will suffer in equal measures.

Do the right thing.