Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 08, 2013, 07:23:48 PM
Fried bread? Do ya mean toast?? :D

Clearly you haven't lived yet if you haven't tasted a fried slice of bread.

Kimbap

Quote from: Whishtup on August 08, 2013, 07:39:50 PM
Fried wheaten bread, soda bread, potato bread, pancake, white bread-ye can't bate it!
Have to say I enjoy the banter with the Mayo lads.  Amazing how the Mayo lads in work, though, are so sure of an all-Ireland this year.  I feel like saying "Jeasis, slow down Tommay!" 
For any of our successes, I found that I was apprehensive about all of the matches.  I hope James Horan is working on keeping the team calm as I honestly think that this is going to be a cracking encounter with a frantic first half.  Quality of subs will win it.  We really could do with Penrose for that electric speed and terrier-like tackling in defence and attack, nomatter what anyone says.

Either thats a load of sh1te or your mates are clowns.
Any people I know (and i live in Mayo) are quietly confident as we should be that we will beat Tyrone.Not thinking past game 5.

The lads spouting about winning All Irelands at this stage are the same lads who watch most of the championship in the pub,go to the semi and throw their flags on the ground and say they're never supporting Mayo again if we go on and lose the final.

sam03/05

Oisin McConville on radio the other day saying that Tyrone will get a 16 point beating!
The main point of the discussion was by how many points Mayo would win by and who they would be playing in the final.

Syferus

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 08, 2013, 08:02:15 PM
Oisin McConville on radio the other day saying that Tyrone will get a 16 point beating!
The main point of the discussion was by how many points Mayo would win by and who they would be playing in the final.

We all know it's going to be Dublin.

Tyrone and Kerry really share this cute hoorism trait. No wonder ye hate each other so much.

Kimbap

Listened to that myself.This team don't care about mind games,pundits outbursts etc,As i said they focus on themselves and their performance because  they know if they can get that right or near enough right they will win.It leaves us as Mayo supporters in a great position as we can sit back and have a laugh and a giggle at shite like this knowing it wont affect the team.

From the Bunker

What do you think? I would be greatly offended if my team had reached an AI semi final with some creditable results and some pundit came out with that!

Farrandeelin

Oisín's of a great Mayo stock all right to be predicting such ludicrous scorelines...oh wait. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

There's no team that I'd rather win this year's All-Ireland than Maigh Eo, UNLESS, it's ourselves! Here's to a cracker of a semi, and the better team on the day to prevail. Tír Eoghain, agus Maigh Eo, abú! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lar Naparka

All slagging aside, I was delighted for Tyronies everywhere when you finally won Sam. I'd say most GAA fans everywhere felt the same. 'Tis said that God loves a trier  and  he, whoever he is, must have relented a bit to let Peter Canavan finally get his hands on a Celtic Cross.
Tyrone had certainly been trying hard for many years and never lost hope.
I'd say Tyrone followers must have felt every bit as sick after the '95 final as we were after the '96 one. Like us, you shower have had a lot more dinner times than dinners but you did nail Sam in the end.
Tyrone were very popular winners and the fact that they beat Kerry along the way earned them even more respect. Stuff Pat Spillane and his "Puke Football;" it was the moaning of a sore loser.
The fact is that Armagh supporters were starting to give everyone outside their county a bit of a pain in the arse.
Tony Fearons, every last one of them!
Fair enough, it took Tyrone followers a bit longer to start blowing their coal but when they did, they sure did it in style. The controversy over the selection of the team of the decade did them no favours either.
Anyone who thinks I'm piss-taking can use the search function on this board and check out some of the threads around '09/'10 and see if I'm on a windup or not.
Like Armagh after 2002 or Clare hurlers in the mid-90s, neutral support began to wane fast.
If 99.5% of the rest of the country are hoping for Mayo win, it isn't because they all like Aidan O'Shea's haircut.
FFS, lenny says Tyrone is awash with hype and nobody has yet written in to deny this. A couple of Donegal folk who pass through the county regularly tell me the place is awash with hype and arrogance. I've no problem at all with that; why not have a bit of craic whenever we can?
But, you'd think going by the moaning going on here that Mayo have a patent on the art of begrudgery.
I think Mayo will win but if they're beaten fair and square, I'll wish Tyrone good luck for the final. I feel most Mayo heads feel the same way and I haven't come across any remotely serious post here that claims Mayo will annihilate Tyrone.
So what's the caterwauling going on here all about
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Kimbap

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2013, 08:54:37 PM
All slagging aside, I was delighted for Tyronies everywhere when you finally won Sam. I'd say most GAA fans everywhere felt the same. 'Tis said that God loves a trier  and  he, whoever he is, must have relented a bit to let Peter Canavan finally get his hands on a Celtic Cross.
Tyrone had certainly been trying hard for many years and never lost hope.
I'd say Tyrone followers must have felt every bit as sick after the '95 final as we were after the '96 one. Like us, you shower have had a lot more dinner times than dinners but you did nail Sam in the end.
Tyrone were very popular winners and the fact that they beat Kerry along the way earned them even more respect. Stuff Pat Spillane and his "Puke Football;" it was the moaning of a sore loser.
The fact is that Armagh supporters were starting to give everyone outside their county a bit of a pain in the arse.
Tony Fearons, every last one of them!
Fair enough, it took Tyrone followers a bit longer to start blowing their coal but when they did, they sure did it in style. The controversy over the selection of the team of the decade did them no favours either.
Anyone who thinks I'm piss-taking can use the search function on this board and check out some of the threads around '09/'10 and see if I'm on a windup or not.
Like Armagh after 2002 or Clare hurlers in the mid-90s, neutral support began to wane fast.
If 99.5% of the rest of the country are hoping for Mayo win, it isn't because they all like Aidan O'Shea's haircut.
FFS, lenny says Tyrone is awash with hype and nobody has yet written in to deny this. A couple of Donegal folk who pass through the county regularly tell me the place is awash with hype and arrogance. I've no problem at all with that; why not have a bit of craic whenever we can?
But, you'd think going by the moaning going on here that Mayo have a patent on the art of begrudgery.
I think Mayo will win but if they're beaten fair and square, I'll wish Tyrone good luck for the final. I feel most Mayo heads feel the same way and I haven't come across any remotely serious post here that claims Mayo will annihilate Tyrone.
So what's the caterwauling going on here all about

Great post.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 08, 2013, 08:54:08 PM
There's no team that I'd rather win this year's All-Ireland than Maigh Eo, UNLESS, it's ourselves! Here's to a cracker of a semi, and the better team on the day to prevail. Tír Eoghain, agus Maigh Eo, abú! ;)
Ah, jaysys Fear, I had just posted my rant beforeI saw this. ;D
As I've always said you are a true gent. (Well, maybe I haven't but I kept thinking about saying something about you for a long, long time.)
Fair play; your sentiments are reciprocated.

Fear ón Srath Bán

No rant there Lar, great few words, and I do betray my gentitude at times to be sure! Go raibh míle maith agat a chara! ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 08, 2013, 09:08:38 PM
FFS, lenny says Tyrone is awash with hype and nobody has yet written in to deny this. A couple of Donegal folk who pass through the county regularly tell me the place is awash with hype and arrogance.
Sounds like a couple of Donegal folk who speak to you are talking utter bollocks.  ::) There's a few more flags hanging out from some houses at this time of year than there has been in the last few years and that's about it, no one (at least off this board) is confident of a Tyrone win that I've spoken to - at best edging a close game. Any hype is only a fraction of what it was at this stage before the semi against Kerry a decade ago. Wiser and less desperate heads now.  8)

This time of year we have to fight (aka negotiate) with the local brethren to get our GAA flags up, in the place of their 17th century yokes (Newtown Bypass for one).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 08, 2013, 09:21:53 PM
When the Tinneys get dressed up again, then we can start considering that there is some element of hype.  8)

Indeed, only then will we have truly lost the run of ourselves!  ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 08, 2013, 09:08:38 PM
FFS, lenny says Tyrone is awash with hype and nobody has yet written in to deny this. A couple of Donegal folk who pass through the county regularly tell me the place is awash with hype and arrogance.
Sounds like a couple of Donegal folk who speak to you are talking utter bollocks.  ::) There's a few more flags hanging out from some houses at this time of year than there has been in the last few years and that's about it, no one (at least off this board) is confident of a Tyrone win that I've spoken to - at best edging a close game. Any hype is only a fraction of what it was at this stage before the semi against Kerry a decade ago. Wiser and less desperate heads now.  8)
Maybe you're right; them Donegal hoors ought to pay a visit to Specsavers but this is what lenny had to say when Benny Harp posted:
"I've spoken to many Mayo folk over the past few days and the level of arrogance is unbelievable......"

"Its the same up here in reverse." I have spoken to  a number of tyrone fans and they are only thinking of dublin or kerry in the final.They are simply assuming that mayo will bottle it as usual. They also think the bashing from rte will galavanise harte and the players and propel them on the way to another all ireland.[/i]

Now, I didn't go as far as to call Tyronies arrogant in this instance anyway; I was targeting the amount of complaints about the arrogance of Mayo posters on here.
For all I know or care, the entire county may be over-confident or over intoxicated but confidence isn't arrogance, IMO.
Bragging and other in-yer-face stuff is another matter but I see no boasts or insults posted by any serious Mayo head here or anywhere else.