Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Who has written this statement? is it from the county board?

Surely pointing out that they are the only county who spoke out against the black card (the panacea of all problems!) doesn't do them any favours.

Obviously Tyrone are a bit stung by media comments painting them as the bad guys but this statement dispels none of the accusations levelled at them.

A bit of siege mentality does no harm in a dressing room but Tyrone need to do their talking on the pitch.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 14, 2013, 08:52:49 PM
Handed out at the Tyrone press night tonight apparently  :-X

I wouldn't be surprised if this is real. It just goes to show how cynical Tyrone really are. It would just be like them  to feign support for a straight red card knowing full well that people would deem that a step too far. This allows them to oppose the black card while maintaining the illusion that they are "tough" on cynicism.

sickening, sickening cynicism. Tyrone are truly a cancer on the game.

Whishtup

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 14, 2013, 10:46:43 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this is real. It just goes to show how cynical Tyrone really are. It would just be like them  to feign support for a straight red card knowing full well that people would deem that a step too far. This allows them to oppose the black card while maintaining the illusion that they are "tough" on cynicism.

sickening, sickening cynicism. Tyrone are truly a cancer on the game.

There's nothing worse than a (wounded)Kerry cynic.  Why would red be step too far?  What are ye afraid of down there?

theticklemister

Oh Holy Fcuk help us all.

babarino

Quote from: Whishtup on August 14, 2013, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: babarino on August 14, 2013, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 14, 2013, 09:37:33 PM
Would love to see a breakdown of fouls by type! Compare lifting the ball off the ground with a rugby type tackle---both fouls.

+1

It's not how often but how significant the cynicism is at a particular stage of the game. While there is a certain antipathy to Ulster or 'the north' among many southerners, it's wrong to say this is generally the case. This 'anti-Tyrone' feeling has arisen from how good they are at it.

A red or black card doesn't make much difference in the last few minutes of the game. The arguments against the black card are valid. It won't make much difference. The only thing I can see that will stop a rugby tackle, when a player is one on one with the keeper is a penalty goal. Another suggestion by the head of the Munster board, from Kerry I think, was also interesting - legalise the 'rugby tackle.

I think it's pretty clear what 'have been fouled' and 'have fouled the opposition' means. Surely you're not going to be 'cynical' about this letter, eh?

This particular Tyrone team has been blackened by the sort of unfounded statement that I have highlighted in your comment about the anti-Tyrone feeling.  And when you have the Southern media backing it up, you have a huge anti-Tyrone GAA feeling amongst a hell of a lot of people-I have seen it here in Limerick this past few weeks-a neutral county in the debate.  It's very disheartening after the general goodwill that there was round here in 2005, 2008.

You can talk about whingeing and moaning, etc. but there is something more serious at play here where you have elite amateur athletes being consistently dragged over the coals and publicly tainted on one team only!.  We're sick to the teeth of the double standards at this stage.

It simply wouldn't happen in hurling and while Pat Spillane and Colm O'Rourke aren't saying much these days, they have a lot to answer for by whinging and cribbing through grimaces about aspects of play that they didn't like in the previous decade-God, we'll miss Michael michael o muircheartaigh!

Whoever the statistician for Tyrone he/she doesn't make it clear. Seamus Darby wouldn't have scored the winner for Offaly if Kerry played the way Tyrone play now, and they were no angels. Football followers turned a blind eye to Canavan's antics against Kerry when they hadn't won an All-Ireland. Sorry, but now you've got three you can expect to be judged on the same basis as others. Also, you'll find that Gaels in Down and Derry, argue that Tyrone have perfected cynicism, so don't overplay the north / south thing.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Whishtup on August 14, 2013, 10:53:43 PM
There's nothing worse than a (wounded)Kerry cynic.  Why would red be step too far?  What are ye afraid of down there?

I did not say a red card would be a step too far. I said the cynical Tymoanie delegates knew that a straight red would gain no support so they falsely, cynically, proposed it knowing full well that it would be ignored so that they would appear tough on cynicism.

I would fully support a straight red if it helps rid our games of the likes of Cavanagh with his horrible rugby tackles.

We need to be supporting pure bred footballers like Colm Cooper to express their inherent superiority over journeyman workhorses like Cavanagh. Its the only way forward for the game.

Aaron Boone

TCB are usually as professional as a professional soccer club.
I smell a rat. Twitter account is quiet.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 14, 2013, 11:05:28 PM

I did not say a red card would be a step too far. I said the cynical Tymoanie delegates knew that a straight red would gain no support so they falsely, cynically, proposed it knowing full well that it would be ignored so that they would appear tough on cynicism.

I would fully support a straight red if it helps rid our games of the likes of Cavanagh with his horrible rugby tackles.

We need to be supporting pure bred footballers like Colm Cooper to express their inherent superiority over journeyman workhorses like Cavanagh. Its the only way forward for the game.

I've no doubt Kerry would love to rid the game of Sean Cavanagh. You haven't managed to beat a Tyrone team with him in it in the championship.
That was never a square ball!!

larryin89

Look if Tyrone are that shittin themselves to play mayo in a game of football,why don't ye fuckoff and not turn up.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Mayo are really psyching out the opposition this year, Galway, Donegal and now Tyrone have all gone howling at the moon in anticaption of the Green and Red. At least Roscommon and London accepted their fate and without that extra pressure of worring about the inevitable. So Tyrone lads relax and enjoy the match  :)

In all seriousness (tongue in cheek above by the way), our oppostion are tieing themselves up in knots all year. It is a pointless exercise and only goes to undermine your team, reminds me of the angst of knowing we were going to lose to Kerry in 2006 despite what we had already done to Dublin.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Syferus on August 14, 2013, 07:19:40 PM
Just because a dozen robbers get away scott-free doesn't mean one who gets caught with his hand jammed down the cash register shouldn't pay for his actions. The system needs to be more open and  transparent, sure, but this was only possible because the incident wasn't dealt with in any manner during the game.

Tyrone have had a bit of bad luck (I suppose) getting caught with the Cavanagh tackle and the Gormley and Penrose suspensions all at once but the lack of 100% effective policing isn't a valid reason to ignore a very blatant incident like this.

Suck it up, there's a game to be played. Monaghan are the real losers here.

Even if Gormley did strike which I don't agree with this makes no sense. All 12 would have been caught on camera but they decided to only use the evidence to prosecute one of criminals. It would be like only using video evidence against one segment of the population such as people from Dublin and ignoring it for everyone else.

rosnarun

if that letter is for real . i dont think any one can evefr accuse Tyrone if cynicism again
Naivety maybe
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Redhand Santa

When you look at that Cork Kilkenny game or even the Galvin incident earlier in the year you really have to wonder how the CCC can justify picking out Gormley to use video evidence against. This issue has to be tackled for next season. There has to be a transparent system put in place for its use. I've said before but I'd love to see the breakdown by county that video evidence has been used for.

This will rumble on now for a while. I got the sense from a confident looking Mickey Harte on BBC tonight that at least Gormley will get off. It was a very strange interview given things he's said in the past. He was very positive and talked about how fair the gaa are and trusts them to get it right after the hearing. They must feel they have a chance with Penrose too.

I'd say Tyrone training will be great craic tomorrow night. I really hope the players can lift their game big time for this and produce a high intensity game next Sunday. This may have been designed to disrupt Tyrone's preparations but I think it could end up having the opposite effect.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 11:09:20 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 14, 2013, 11:05:28 PM

I've no doubt Kerry would love to rid the game of Sean Cavanagh. You haven't managed to beat a Tyrone team with him in it in the championship.

Yeah, he made sure he avoided that arse kicking we gave ye in Killarney....I suppose he was feigning injury or something.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...