Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 03:23:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?

No one said they won anything.

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?

They consistently failed to win anything.

You contradict yourself completely and still can't answer a straight question.

OK then, what have Mayo won over the past 20 years? Barring Connaught titles, which they usually get a free run at. It's not hard to be consistent when you are playing the likes of London, Sligo and Roscommon.
The one area where Mayo have been consistent, is losing big games, especially when they have been favourites. I hope this is one area where they aren't as consistent this year.

Brilliant this thread has everything now a Louth man ( I thought it would have been a Meathman or a Galwayman) has fired in the most quintessential of Irish phrases , the classic complement wrapped up in a kick in the face type of insult ;D

Fuzzman

Yeah a miss haha

Check your diameter parameters.

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 03:10:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 02:14:38 PM
We're nearly due for someone to pop into the thread and mention the number of pages reached so far!
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 21, 2013, 02:51:33 PM
Wow 80 pages and its only Wed.

Jasus but there are some windbags in Tymoan and Mayowr. :-* :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 03:23:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?

No one said they won anything.

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?

They consistently failed to win anything.

You contradict yourself completely and still can't answer a straight question.

OK then, what have Mayo won over the past 20 years? Barring Connaught titles, which they usually get a free run at. It's not hard to be consistent when you are playing the likes of London, Sligo and Roscommon.
The one area where Mayo have been consistent, is losing big games, especially when they have been favourites. I hope this is one area where they aren't as consistent this year.

A league title and an U-21 All-Ireland so

Glad to see you've back tracked completely

Oh so we are also including underage football as well? Even so, two titles in 20 years is hardly going to cause much sleep loss in Kerry.

We'll agree to disagree on the level of consistency. Good luck on Sunday.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Rodman

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 03:06:36 PM
Rodman Tyrone are 7/2.

I take it you have the house on them?

Not the house as i think it is a pretty even call. That price is way off and is definitely worth a few euros.  I just can't get understand how hyped up Mayo are.  I take it you have lumped on the handicap 4/5 Mayo -3

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Jinxy on August 19, 2013, 04:51:21 PM
How's the PLI (Painted Livestock Index) looking in both counties?

Nothing to report in Mayo. Dead quite maybe it's the calm before the storm and anything that moves will be painted in the next couple of days.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on August 21, 2013, 02:43:26 PM
Lazy enough article by Darragh which is surprising from him. What's more surprising is his lack of respect for Tyrone. :o

Really, Really, stereo typically lazy. I was cringing while i was reading it.

muppet

Quote from: Rodman on August 21, 2013, 03:49:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 03:06:36 PM
Rodman Tyrone are 7/2.

I take it you have the house on them?

Not the house as i think it is a pretty even call. That price is way off and is definitely worth a few euros.  I just can't get understand how hyped up Mayo are.  I take it you have lumped on the handicap 4/5 Mayo -3

You haven't read my posts have you?
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Id strongly disagree with Darragh that it was a wise decision to keep Aidan O Shea on the field in the previous game.  " a couple of yellows in the semi final and he misses the All Ireland final and subsequently an all star so he will have to watch his step and discipline and if it can happen in a friendly it can happen in a Tyrone game too.  I don't think it was a risk worth taking with the way he uses his elbows and fists as a part of his box of tricks.  He looks like he could be a hothead lads or was it a one off? Is he tough on refs as well?
say Westport would be the quare spot for a party on Saturday and Sunday night.  They' be going pure mental in anticipation of the  deliverance of the holy grail. 
Mayo4Sam painted on the pavements.
Lads we have 2 great teams of varying experience levels and we know that despite management rules particularly some of the younger Mayo panel are likely to be having a sneaky peak and reading the messages on here, sure who would blame them.. is there anything ye's would like to be saying to the lads before the game....  Ill start. "Hello Mayo.. Very best of luck lads. Stay focussed...Fair play to ye. May the best team win!"   

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 04:22:39 PM
Id say Westport would be the quare spot for a party on Saturday and Sunday night.  They' be going pure mental in anticipation of the  deliverance of the holy grail. 
Lads we have 2 great teams of varying experience levels and we know that particularly some of the younger Mayo panel are likely to be having a sneaky peak and reading the messages on here, sure who would blame them.. is there anything ye's would like to be saying to the lads before the game....  Ill start. Very best of luck lads. Stay focussed...Fair play to ye. May the best team win!

Good spot for a party but not really Gaa heartland. James Gill and Kevin Keane are the only two county players they have produced in a while (unless I am forgetting some) although I think Charlie Lambert also hails from there.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 04:29:02 PM
Id say Westport would be the quare spot for a party on Saturday and Sunday night.  They' be going pure mental in anticipation of the  deliverance of the holy grail. 
Lads we have 2 great teams of varying experience levels and we know that particularly some of the younger Mayo panel are likely to be having a sneaky peak and reading the messages on here, sure who would blame them.. is there anything ye's would like to be saying to the lads before the game....  Ill start. Very best of luck lads. Stay focussed...Fair play to ye. May the best team win!

Good spot for a party but not really Gaa heartland. James Gill and Kevin Keane are the only two county players they have produced in a while (unless I am forgetting some) although I think Charlie Lambert also hails from there.
I thought Lee Keegan was from Westport?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 21, 2013, 04:42:29 PM

Correct, he is. Probably missed one of two more over the last 15 years.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 21, 2013, 04:42:29 PM

He is.

He is.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Fuzzman

Would most of ye want to be beating Tyrone by 10+ points going into the final or would you be happier to win a much tougher closer contest?

I really hope Mickey does have something new up his sleeve and doesn't just play the same way we have been all year. I was delighted that we got to the semis and feel with the team we have we've already over achieved.

Any word on injuries?

muppet

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 21, 2013, 04:48:36 PM
Would most of ye want to be beating Tyrone by 10+ points going into the final or would you be happier to win a much tougher closer contest?

I really hope Mickey does have something new up his sleeve and doesn't just play the same way we have been all year. I was delighted that we got to the semis and feel with the team we have we've already over achieved.

Any word on injuries?

A win is a win. I would take a win by an own point scored in the last minute of injury time blown over by freak tornado.
MWWSI 2017