Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small white mayoman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 03, 2013, 09:06:19 PM
he was right in what he said about cynical fouling blight on the games which was the context of the matter, its picking out 1 player, basically insult his manliness was stupid, childish and in very poor taste. What beat me was how cross he was, i actually thought he was going to pull the pin and walk off, Its was like one of those famous melltdowns like Kerry katona had on TV

:D :D I thought the same i was have expecting to Jump throught the  glass in the studio .
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: small white mayoman on August 03, 2013, 09:04:10 PM
He could have made his point without having a personal attack on Kavanagh .

Of course, not only could he have - but he should have.

But at the same time, about the crux of the matter; he is not wrong.
i usse an speelchekor

Wildweasel74

on another note the DUP have given brolly the once over, With Ruth Patterson on her way out, they are in need of a outspoken controversial individual that will offend everyone. After all, they like to go with a like for like basis. lol

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Any craic

to be fair to Joe, it's not like him to lose his cool like that. I actually thought he was going to say the opposite.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteJoe Brolly ‏@JoeBrolly1993 3h
Shocking Sean Cavanagh rugby tackle on Conor McManus when he was clean through on goal. Mickey will be delighted!!

QuoteJoe Brolly ‏@JoeBrolly1993 3h
What Cavanagh has just done illustrates how rotten the game has become

yellowcard

With Brolly there is an agenda ALWAYS. When he criticised Grimley he was trying to promote the Tony McEntee for Armagh agenda. Everyone knows he was invited to Crossmaglen training sessions and he championed Tony McEntee as footballs saviour.

With Donegal he clearly was sucked in by the aura of Jim McGuinness who took defensive tactics to unseen levels in Gaelic football and yet Joe eulogised over how they controlled games. I even remember him saying recently how he admired McGuinness nerve for playing the way he did against Dublin in that famous 2011 0-8 to 0-6 defeat. He has got pally with McGees and Murphy as well and has a holiday home up in the Glenties.

With Tyrone its obvious he has a deep disliking for his neighbouring county. Any eejit can see that it's more than the football with Brolly but he is just making himself look like a jabbering fool. The sad part of it is that he does make some good points when not getting emotionally involved in the game and when not resorting to cheap snidely digs at amateur players. He can also be very entertaining at times. Recently however he has just become an embarrassment.

Wildweasel74

Hell i dislike Tyrone more than any man, the borderline 200m up the road, have plenty pf Tyrone friends and theirs always plenty of banter!! but i would never come out with the crap Brolly did the nite, simply cant understand why he lost the run of himself!! Thought it been Splillane going Nuts but he couldnt get a word in!!

Wildweasel74

Lads look at it this way, the Ulster Champs have been knocked out, Dublin and Cork served up a good game, but all anybody is talking about is Joe Brolly. Job doen for RTE again and they know it, More people will tune in to see the hor ha the next day round

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 03, 2013, 09:25:09 PM
Lads look at it this way, the Ulster Champs have been knocked out, Dublin and Cork served up a good game, but all anybody is talking about is Joe Brolly. Job doen for RTE again and they know it, More people will tune in to see the hor ha the next day round

To be fair everything tonight went entirely to script apart from Broly's rant.

Aaron Boone

No chance of a reprimand from RTE. it's a ratings business and he attracts viewers.

Zulu

I'd sooner get rid of the other two non-enities than Joe, though his personalising of cynical fouling was uncalled for and brilliantly handled by Cavanagh on Newstalk where he showed a lot of class and maturity.

yellowcard

Quote from: Zulu on August 03, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
I'd sooner get rid of the other two non-enities than Joe, though his personalising of cynical fouling was uncalled for and brilliantly handled by Cavanagh on Newstalk where he showed a lot of class and maturity.

What did he say? That's the problem too now with the RTE ban you never hear the Tyrone camp talk anymore.

Jinxy

Quote from: Zulu on August 03, 2013, 09:39:57 PM

Lyster & Spillane?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Whishtup

First time I've witnessed Lister get pissed off with anyone.  Funny to see Joe sit like a scoulded child after the rest of the lads didn't buy into his crap.