Dublin v Cork - All Ireland semi final 11th August Croke Park 3.30pm

Started by CitySlicker11, July 29, 2013, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Very disappointed after that yesterday. Had a great chance to get to a final. Given what went throughout the game O'Dwyer can consider himself unlucky to get two yellows but it was more the missed frees and the two mistakes for the goal that cost us overall I think. Anyway thanks for a great summer lads a bit of a rollercoaster ride but some great days and the atmosphere in Croker was brilliant. Hope Limerick win it now

heffo

Same as Declan, very dissapointed

Classic game, Cork were the better team after O'Dwyer went off.

Looks like JBM knows a thing or two about Hurling after all and the men with no names make the AI final.

imtommygunn

Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2013, 08:40:33 AM
Same as Declan, very dissapointed

Classic game, Cork were the better team after O'Dwyer went off.

Looks like JBM knows a thing or two about Hurling after all and the men with no names make the AI final.

From the clubs with no names.

orangeman

It's time that they got rid of Frank. He's a serious impediment to progress and is holding the whole thing back.

Bord na Mona man

Have been thinking this for a while, but this is like 1999 all over again.
JBM clears out the remaining deadwood, brings in a lot of new players and gives them their debuts and has their loyalty.
Plays a type of hurling where they pull away with games late by wearing down the opposition with superior legs.
Happy to shoot on sight all day and not too bothered with goals - Cork scored only 1 (dodgy) goal in 4 games in 1999.

So long as yesterday's game was helter-skelter and end-to-end I felt Cork would be the last man standing.
Dublin needed it tighter and more physical with a knuckle around every ball. Cork wanted the sliotar flying around like a ping pong ball.

I think Cork have Clare's number, but Limerick would give them much more problems in the final.

orangeman

You can't help thinking that it's set up nicely for Cork now.

CorkMan

Maybe O'Dwyers red was harsh, I didn't actually see either challenge properly at the match and wasn't home for the Sunday Game, but just because they had a man, supposedly, harshly sent off, doesn't mean Rushe shouldn't have been put off also. I could clearly see from the other side of the pitch his pull on Horgan and it was extremely dangerous definitely a red.

Like the rest of the county, I'm absoloutley delighted with the win and the attention now turns to the matter of getting tickets for the final. If we get Clare, I think we should beat them again and if it's Limerick, well, I think we'd beat them as well. Maybe that's just me being slow to go against my own county but it seems to me that we have players who have been good all year and a lot of the lads that haven't been great played well yesterday. Conor Lehane, Luke O'Farrell, Jamie Coughlan and Lorcan McLoughlin all played better yeaterday than they have all year and Pa Horgan, Shane O'Neill and Anthony Nash all continued with their excellent form. Seamus Harnedy, Daniel Kearney and Chris Joyce were quieter yesterday but they'll be back. Things are looking good to me, but again, maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: neilthemac on August 12, 2013, 10:31:41 AM
Jimmy Barry must be a great coach.

Done a fantastic job is must be said. I can only presume that the players must be in complete awe of him because when you look at those Cork players individually on paper I don't think they are a particularly great side. Some fine hurlers there no doubt but also lots of lads that have been there over the past numbers of years that you would have labelled as decent hurlers but no world beaters. They've taken their chance this year though as the contenders have fallen by the wayside and they are obviously all pulling together in one direction which can count for a lot believe me. Wouldn't put it past them winning it now.

deiseach

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 12, 2013, 03:50:02 PM
I can only presume that the players must be in complete awe of him

Can't speak for the Cork players, but I know I am.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on August 12, 2013, 04:03:09 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 12, 2013, 03:50:02 PM
I can only presume that the players must be in complete awe of him

Can't speak for the Cork players, but I know I am.
Me too but TBH I am sick of the Old firm winning the all Ireland every year

Sean3

Very disappointed as I thought this was a chance to win and reach a final. Felt we were getting on top before the sending off. But hats off to Cork. Scoring points was that bit easier for them. At times Dublin players crowded under a dropping ball and loose Cork players got the half yard that was all they needed. Congratulations to Cork and to their gentleman of a manager.

On a separate point, this 'advantage' that referees play is a real pain. From what I can see, all it seems to do is to give a tackler a second opportunity to dispossess a player.

deiseach

Quote from: Sean3 on August 12, 2013, 04:46:22 PM
On a separate point, this 'advantage' that referees play is a real pain. From what I can see, all it seems to do is to give a tackler a second opportunity to dispossess a player.

James Owens absolutely wrecked by bulb with that against Kilkenny. Sod your 'advantage', give us the bloody free!

Jell 0 Biafra

Rugby has the best model when it comes to advantage.  The ref can let the play advance for a bit, and if there is no advantage accruing, he can then give the free for the original infraction.

CitySlicker11

Great display from both teams yesterday, great game to watch with a great buzz about the stadium.

Cork had excellent displays throughout the pitch. How Nash remained as number 2 for so long, and then eventually is given his chance, to perform the way he has is beyond me. Some mark of a man.

Will be an excellent final, with hopefully another excellent semi this weekend.

All I can say is, what a year for Hurling.