2013 All-Stars

Started by ONeill, July 29, 2013, 04:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Cian Mackey is a poor mans Peadar Byrne.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2013, 10:45:05 PM
Cian Mackey is a poor mans Peadar Byrne.

Peadar Byrne? Say no more ::)

Mackey will get nominated for sure anyway. Paul Flynn is having a brilliant championship, and another good performance and he will have one of the half forward places sorted.

omagh_gael

Mattie Donnelly from Tyrone is having a great year, bound to be in with a shout of a nomination.

screenexile

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2013, 04:24:29 PM
Mattie Donnelly from Tyrone is having a great year, bound to be in with a shout of a nomination.

Hardly heard his name mentioned at the weekend . . . are you sure about that?

omagh_gael

Quote from: screenexile on August 06, 2013, 04:27:49 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2013, 04:24:29 PM

Hardly heard his name mentioned at the weekend . . . are you sure about that?

Outside of Sean Cavanagh he has, IMO, been our best player. Doing superb link play between defence and attack as well as making the score sheet in every (nearly certain) game.

theticklemister

Apart from cavanagh no tyronies have stood out for me. Probably mccurry would be second even though he was poor at weekend. Just goes to show that the tyrone system is really proving its worth this year without the usual suspects really shining.

Wile feeling it will all come to an end when they meet mayo however.

Canalman

For me the cast iron selections are

1 McCaffrey

2 One of / if not both Cavanagh / O'Shea (one could "eliminate" the other in the semi final maybe allowing McAuley or a Kerryman to sneak in)

The rest still very much up for grabs.

Don't think Monaghan/Cork/Cavan/Donegal did themselves any favours at the weekend.

As posted already, the semi final results will decide 10 of the Allstar awards.

Sidney

Michael Darragh McAuley has been Dublin's most important player all year, and is the best midfielder in the country.

Schkite

Quote from: Canalman on August 06, 2013, 04:44:06 PM

Don't think Monaghan/Cork/Cavan/Donegal did themselves any favours at the weekend.

As posted already, the semi final results will decide 10 of the Allstar awards.

I thought McManus had another fine game, obviously the remaining games will determine how much of a chance he has. I'd imagine Cillian O'Connor has a corner forward spot nailed down.

Wylie also continued his good form,  won't win one though.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Sidney on August 06, 2013, 05:01:33 PM
Michael Darragh McAuley has been Dublin's most important player all year, and is the best midfielder in the country.

And not Aidan O'Shea?  :o
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blanketattack

If Dublin win their semi-final could all 15 All-Stars come from 3 semi-finalists as happened in 2005?

haveaharp

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 19, 2013, 03:45:18 PM

Hang on a mo, Aiden o shea (outside of the donegal match) has outfielded and dominated club footballers at best. Dont be wetting yourself just yet. Let him chase Sean Cavanagh for 70 mins and we will see.

larryin89

Quote from: haveaharp on August 19, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

Hang on a mo, Aiden o shea (outside of the donegal match) has outfielded and dominated club footballers at best. Dont be wetting yourself just yet. Let him chase Sean Cavanagh for 70 mins and we will see.

Pretty sure they were playing county football which automatically makes them county footballers.

Do you know, what's the point , the anti all things Mayo gets stronger by the day. Fook the lot of ye, take it out of my bollix come Sunday evening.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Sidney

Quote from: larryin89 on August 19, 2013, 05:45:16 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on August 19, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

Pretty sure they were playing county football which automatically makes them county footballers.

Do you know, what's the point , the anti all things Mayo gets stronger by the day. Fook the lot of ye, take it out of my bollix come Sunday evening.
It's an anti-Tyrone and anti-Mayo conspiracy. And anti-Carlow. Especially Carlow.

larryin89

Yeah it can be taken as banter  or whatever but its getting pretty tiresome about all the cliches surrounding Mayo , Mayo players and Mayo support.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .