ULSTER DOMINANCE

Started by Orchardman, July 28, 2013, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orangemac on July 28, 2013, 11:27:57 PM
Going off on a tangent Cavan are now the 8th Ulster team to reach a QF.Only 6 out of 11 from Leinster have.

Ulster have provided 20 out of the 52 QFinalists who have came through the back door which is the best of any province relative to its size.

Actually 4 out of 5 from Connacht have reached the QF. We are only one out as well. :P

Aristo 60

Yis haven't let Ulster down, yis have let yourselves down.

ck

I love Ulster football because its so competitive and intense. I'm in Belfast quite a bit through work and in laws and follow Antrim quite a bit too. It's very enjoyable.
I also follow Sligo and can see at first hand that Connacht football has been on a downward spiral for a few years now.

My main grievance is Munster as Cork and Kerry p*ss through every year and end up in the quarter finals by right of passage. Stick them in Ulster and you wouldn't see as much of them every August

Fuzzman

When I saw the draw on Sat I thought there's another year now where Kerry can get to the AI semis with a very easy run of games. They basically played well for 35 mins v Cork 2nd team.

armaghniac

QuoteI'm in Belfast quite a bit through work and in laws and follow Antrim quite a bit too. It's very enjoyable.

It takes all sorts, I suppose. The new Casement needs men like you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

kuht

QuoteMy main grievance is Munster as Cork and Kerry p*ss through every year and end up in the quarter finals by right of passage. Stick them in Ulster and you wouldn't see as much of them every August

This coming from a Connachtman is madness, where London made it through to the provincial final. I will agree Kerry and Cork stroll through Munster every year but this is of their own accord. This year for example Kerry annihilated Waterford by 26 points in Killarney, this same Waterford team should have beaten Galway in Salthill who ended up knocking a strong Ulster team in Armagh out and who almost beat Cork. Tipperary also barely lost to Galway while loosing to Kerry by 16 points. In 2011 Limerick also lost heavily to Kerry and ended up bouncing back and beating a Wexford team who lost narrowly in the Leinster Final to eventual All-Ireland winners Dublin. Munster is weak but it is very much as a result of Kerry and Corks strength.

Rossfan

I presume this thread will now be put to bed  :-[ :-[ :-X
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2013, 08:36:24 PM
We will see how many Ulster teams will be left after next weekend?

1 CONNACHT
1 Leinster
1 Munster
1 ulster
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2013, 11:54:29 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 04, 2013, 11:41:43 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2013, 08:36:24 PM
We will see how many Ulster teams will be left after next weekend?

1 CONNACHT
1 Leinster
1 Munster
1 ulster
Don't you mean Connaught?

No I mean Connacht, hardstation you U.K.-Irishboy (before you start I am a temporary migrant to the U.K., you are born and bred).

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

This thread has gone very quite. Did it catch a superbug?

Orchardman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 07, 2013, 01:23:24 PM

I already had my fun with this thread.
There was never going to be any more than 2 ulster teams in the semi's really, so we now have one instead, is that really a big deal?

I don't think tyrone are the best of the last 4, and i dont want them to win it, but my point still clearly stands, we have by far the best stretch of teams in the country.

Zulu

Certainly have the most mid-ranking teams but in the second biggest province that isn't a major boast.

ross4life

With all this Ulster dominance i think i'll have a  look at how Connacht football are doing this year.

Mayo seniors into the All Ireland semi final and current All Ireland favourites
Galway U-21 All Ireland champions
Mayo and Roscommon into All Ireland minor semi finals
St Brigids Senior All Ireland club champions
Ballinasloe Junior All Ireland club champions

Not bad at all  8)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Count 10

Quote from: ross4life on August 07, 2013, 04:53:20 PM
With all this Ulster dominance i think i'll have a  look at how Connacht football are doing this year.

Mayo seniors into the All Ireland semi final and current All Ireland favourites
Galway U-21 All Ireland champions
Mayo and Roscommon into All Ireland minor semi finals
St Brigids Senior All Ireland club champions
Ballinasloe Junior All Ireland club champions

Not bad at all  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjFj6OfJCQ

Go on you good thing 8)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orchardman on August 07, 2013, 04:45:47 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 07, 2013, 01:23:24 PM

I already had my fun with this thread.
There was never going to be any more than 2 ulster teams in the semi's really, so we now have one instead, is that really a big deal?

I don't think tyrone are the best of the last 4, and i dont want them to win it, but my point still clearly stands, we have by far the best stretch of teams in the country.

No, but where is the dominance?, Should the title not be Ulster have allot of middle of the road teams, which makes it a evenly competitive province?