Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Pretty conclusive that really... nothing in the Gormley incident but frustration for the RTE mob. And a lack of ammunition on their witch hunt.

omagh_gael

No point getting wound up about it but the Penrose incident is a joke. If that is a strike then a lot of games would finish with ten a side (Cue snide remarks along the lines of most Tyrone club games finishing 3 a side :) )

AZOffaly

Yeah, I know that gab? I knew there was 2 incidents. And they happened the other way around, Gormley's was first.

EC Unique

Penrose one is a joke. He clearly hits him on the shoulder yet the guy grabs his eye in pain (quite some time after the strike).

Gabriel_Hurl

So you are admitting he struck him? Take the rose-tinted glasses off

Quote5.1 To strike or attempt to strike and opponent with head, arm, elbow, hand or knee

Jinxy

Penrose had to go lads.
Surely you can see that.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sidney

Penrose shouldn't have even been on the pitch at that stage both for his persistent fouling and two neck high challenges after 31 and 32 minutes which were both clear yellow card offences.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2013, 04:29:48 PM
Penrose had to go lads.
Surely you can see that.

I'd agree. and as I said earlier Penrose seemed to be on a mission during the first half, and was getting involved in niggly crap.
But equally, people calling for Gormley to be red carded are way of the ball.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 06, 2013, 05:17:54 PM
Penrose had to go lads.
Surely you can see that.

I'd agree. and as I said earlier Penrose seemed to be on a mission during the first half, and was getting involved in niggly crap.
[/quot
Why? Did he not"strike or attempt to strike"?
"Stercus accidit"

Wildweasel74

if the 2 of them walked on to the changing room instead of acting the dick as dessie mone was giving out to the referee, it wouldnt even be discussed, Look at the actions of your own players instead of trying to defend them, should have been no-where near it anyway!

supersarsfields

No I don,t see a strike. They were shoving each other. There's no strike out by Gormley.

sammymaguire

Not wanting to do this one to death, but basically Tyrone Gaelic footballers are the cutest hoors going and Mayo would want to be in their guard as them lads get in your faces and heads and everywhere to make sure they put you off yer game. 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

Penrose deserved to go for the sheer stupidity of doing what he did right in front of the officials.

tyssam5

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 06, 2013, 05:17:54 PM
Penrose had to go lads.
Surely you can see that.

Penrose was a polite clean tackling young lad when he was with Aghyarn, wonder what happened him since! :)

imtommygunn

Those photos are from the back. You can't see much. What i think i see is penrose's right hand going up and hitting mone on left side of face then mone going down holding his right.

However what most people don't seem to comment on... The linesman is looking straight at it and is only a few yards away. There's no way that was called wrong. The officials were right beside it and had a better view than we can ever get - especially the linesman.