Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: hardstation on August 05, 2013, 02:19:21 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 05, 2013, 02:17:38 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 05, 2013, 01:56:53 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 05, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
Neither was a sending off. Mone feigned injury and would want to have a good look at himself.

Is attempting to strike not also a Red Card offence?

Correct its a red card offence whether he connects or not.  Also on RTE there was only one camera angle which shows the back of Mone's head. You cannot see Mone's face and so its impossible for somebody to say he was not hit and feigned injury.
Bollox.

No I think you will find you are wrong.

The camera is form the back. The incident comes after the shove in the chest.

And an attempted strike is a red card.

There is no doubt that the red was deserved.

babarino

Well done Tyrone. You did what you do best.

Well done Monaghan. It has been a great year and you did us proud.

Archie Mitchell

As I said earlier, the Gormley one is inconclusive. In this still his fist (black gloves) is in Mone's face, but he also was pushing Mone's hand back as well. Hard to judge even after viewing a number of times.

Penrose was nowhere near the top of Mone's head which he held after being "hit"

babarino

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 05, 2013, 11:00:19 PM
As I said earlier, the Gormley one is inconclusive. In this still his fist (black gloves) is in Mone's face, but he also was pushing Mone's hand back as well. Hard to judge even after viewing a number of times.

Penrose was nowhere near the top of Mone's head which he held after being "hit"

The grainy stills tell us nothing.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 03, 2013, 05:45:02 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2013, 05:40:30 PM
Gormley throwing cheap digs and Cavanagh diving when dispossessed to get players booked.......some things never change

+1. Two tramps!!

Two tramps, on a team of tramps, managed by a tr**p, from a county full of tramps. I think its fair to say that I think tyrone are tramps.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Agent Orange on August 06, 2013, 02:32:42 AM
Gormley throwing cheap digs and Cavanagh diving when dispossessed to get players booked.......some things never change

+1. Two tramps!!

Two tramps, on a team of tramps, managed by a tr**p, from a county full of tramps. I think its fair to say that I think tyrone are tramps.

Love the use of the word tramps and then he reverts to tr**p and back to tramps again.

omagh_gael

AZOffaly

Zulu I was sure Gormley punched Mone, and I was wondering why he didn't go down roaring like a buck ass, given his fondness for, ahem,  highlighting such incidents. But when I looked at it again in my 'cynical fouls' thesis :), I could see that actually Gormley shoved Mone's arms away, and it was Mone's own hand that hit him in the face.

Main Street

Just how does Dessie hit himself in that first incident?
First grainy picture shows 3 Tyrone hands around Dessie's face. Dessie's hands are grabbing the Tyrone shirts.
2nd incident, we are suppose to believe the possibility that angry ant Penrose ran 10m with steam and snot coming out of his nose, to sneak up behind Dessie and stroke him affectionately on the face.

Sure Dessie has an ingrained habit of going down easy to exaggerate the contact, most every Monaghan poster acknowledges that. Unlike those ugly tyrone f'eckers, Dessie is a handsome lad and is sensitive to any slight disturbance to his facial area.

AZOffaly

I watched it again Main Street. What happened is Gormely shoved Mone's arms away, and his hand flew back into his own face. And I was sure that Gormley had punched him.

For the second one, it is harder to see, and certainly Penrose came around from the back, and punched/pushed at Mone but it certainly looked like his shoulder on TV. However, he may have hit him in the face as well, hard to see. Penrose was daft to do it.

In hindsight though, given the way Mone reacted to Penrose's strike, I'd be amazed if he didn't do at least the same thing when Gormley was involved if he felt Gormley punched him.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Main Street on August 06, 2013, 01:39:21 PM
Just how does Dessie hit himself in that first incident?
First grainy picture shows 3 Tyrone hands around Dessie's face. Dessie's hands are grabbing the Tyrone shirts.
2nd incident, we are suppose to believe the possibility that angry ant Penrose ran 10m with steam and snot coming out of his nose, to sneak up behind Dessie and stroke him affectionately on the face.

Sure Dessie has an ingrained habit of going down easy to exaggerate the contact, most every Monaghan poster acknowledges that. Unlike those ugly tyrone f'eckers, Dessie is a handsome lad and is sensitive to any slight disturbance to his facial area.

Your right about the second incident. Penrose made a striking action and deserved to go. (We'll ignore the fact it hit Dessie on the shoulder and he made the most of it) Completely stupid action, and I don't know what was with him on Saturday as he was getting involved in everything during the first half as well.

But I completely agree with AZ's analysis of the Gormley incident. It was a shoving action by Gormley. Both were holding and pulling at each other. Hangbags stuff and that's why we didn't see a reaction from Mone unlike the Penrose incident.

parttimeexile

Quote from: Agent Orange on August 06, 2013, 02:32:42 AM

+1. Two tramps!!

You are a classy guy. I like the way your inbreeding hasn't stopped you using a computer.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2013, 01:43:15 PM
I watched it again Main Street. What happened is Gormely shoved Mone's arms away, and his hand flew back into his own face. And I was sure that Gormley had punched him.

For the second one, it is harder to see, and certainly Penrose came around from the back, and punched/pushed at Mone but it certainly looked like his shoulder on TV. However, he may have hit him in the face as well, hard to see. Penrose was daft to do it.

In hindsight though, given the way Mone reacted to Penrose's strike, I'd be amazed if he didn't do at least the same thing when Gormley was involved if he felt Gormley punched him.

AZ - there's two incidents

There's the Penrose one

And there's the Gormley one

Jinxy

Haha!
Gormley gets Dessie with the classic 'Stop hitting yourself!' move.  ;D
Haven't see that one since 6th class.
If you were any use you'd be playing.