Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

It's sad this thread has been hijacked by Brollygate. Loads of good stuff to discuss in that game yet we're discussing a mouthpiece like him.

Ronan O'Neills cameo appearance really impressed me. Took a lovely score, crucial at that too. But linked the play really well also with some nice kick passes.
Another real attacking option for MH.

Jinxy

McMahon and Cavanagh kicked some monster scores in the first half.
McCurry didn't seem able to handle the conditions and fumbled the ball a fair few times.
The FF line in general need to contribute more.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Qwerty28

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2013, 10:25:03 AM
I thought Tyrone's 6 forwards were all poor tbh.

Also, they try and get the ball to ONeill no matter where he is. People coming through on goal passing it to ONeill when he's in a much worse position than them to score. We've seen some great scores from ONeill but he tries to score every time he gets it and misses a hell of a lot more than he kicks.

I though O'Neill wasn't getting enough of the ball, despite constantly being on the move before the ball arrives from further out the pitch. I agree maybe he gets ball laid off to him close to goal but there has been very little early delivery in the last 2 games. He seems off the boil and that 3 poor game by his standards in a row, any ideas as to why he seems out of sorts?

Also, presume tactical, but any other reasons as to why there were so many changes tot the Tyrone subs before throw in? Presume some of the subs between 17- 25 as listed in programme were eligible to play as a result?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Qwerty28 on August 04, 2013, 10:33:00 AM

Also, they try and get the ball to ONeill no matter where he is. People coming through on goal passing it to ONeill when he's in a much worse position than them to score. We've seen some great scores from ONeill but he tries to score every time he gets it and misses a hell of a lot more than he kicks.

I though O'Neill wasn't getting enough of the ball, despite constantly being on the move before the ball arrives from further out the pitch. I agree maybe he gets ball laid off to him close to goal but there has been very little early delivery in the last 2 games. He seems off the boil and that 3 poor game by his standards in a row, any ideas as to why he seems out of sorts?

Also, presume tactical, but any other reasons as to why there were so many changes tot the Tyrone subs before throw in? Presume some of the subs between 17- 25 as listed in programme were eligible to play as a result?

Tyrone have a 31 man squad, but you're only allowed to list 1-26. Tyrone name their subs in alphabetical order, but any one of them can be used.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lenny

Quote from: Qwerty28 on August 04, 2013, 10:33:00 AM

I said the other day tyrone would just get over the line mainly because they have more nous and are the masters of cynicism. I cannot understand why cavanagh is always lauded for his great dummy but no one seems to notice that he takes at least 8 steps every time. I spotted this a long time ago but none of the pundits or refs seem to have noticed.  might be time to replace one o'neill with another. ronan looked v good when he came on but stevie was v poor by his standards.

naka

Quote from: Bingo on August 04, 2013, 08:36:02 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 04, 2013, 12:05:20 AM
The problem is, you cant tell anymore when hes dragged to the ground and whens hes dived

This, Hughes yellow card in first half was laughable.
thought this had a major bearing on the game as well as the rugby tackle by cavangh
tyrone are becoming more cynical  altho have to say monaghan were no angels   what we need is a stronger refereee for these games and more sendings off

timmyot501

Some difference in the ref in first game wit ref in second. Reilly was whistle and card happy. Goldrick tried his best to let the game flow. There were similar tackles in both games but the punishment differed

yellowcard

Quote from: timmyot501 on August 04, 2013, 02:00:38 PM
Some difference in the ref in first game wit ref in second. Reilly was whistle and card happy. Goldrick tried his best to let the game flow. There were similar tackles in both games but the punishment differed

Big time, I think Coldrick is the best ref in the game at present, always tries to let the game flow and makes for a much better spectacle. Anybody but the Duffys!

emmetryan

Hi guys,

Tactical analysis of Tyrone's win over Monaghan up now
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7503

Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Whishtup

Conor Gormley is some man.  About ten minutes to go-he looked like he was speed-walking-out on his feet.  Then he pops up everywhere, with tackles and sets up Ronan O'Neill's point...a class act. 

Schkite

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2013, 10:34:50 PM
I don't think Penrose's was a red card and Gormley's wasn't even a yellow.

Mone feigned injury. He was hit on the shoulder.

Bullshit, he threw a box, so he got sent off.

He deserved to be sent off simply for the stupidity of throwing a box in full view of the ref, pure idiocy.

Schkite

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2013, 10:44:50 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 04, 2013, 10:43:57 PM

He deserved to be sent off simply for the stupidity of throwing a box in full view of the ref, pure idiocy.
He was hit in the shoulder and he held his face.

Even if he did, Penrose still punched him - red card.

Seen the replay there and it looked like he hit him on the jaw.

DickyRock

Can't believe that they didn't mention mone play acting on TSG also looking at the replay of the Gormley incident - it was mones own fist that hit him.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Schkite on August 04, 2013, 10:43:57 PM

He shoved him on the shoulder and Mone dropped holding his face. The Sunday Game had a close in shot of it, clear as day. Gormley deserved to go more than Marty.

Wildweasel74

Gormley should have seen the line, its funny how he always seemed to be the main tyrone player stuck into there incidents, you dont see cavanagh or Joe McMahon at this crap